First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ohhh I found it. Never thought to look at the email received time. Smart man and thank. And I was 2 hrs off. I do not remember staying up that late. 03:50 was my time. Now I'm even more worried. Oh well. Thanks again!
I don't know about you but I was logged on the Ford site before reveal time and when it started I looked at the models to figure out which to reserve because I didn't know at the time you could change any aspect of your build. Well let's just say after 3 and a half hours of getting kicked off, getting a high volume of traffic notification and selecting a dealer I was finally able to make a reservation. Now we see how the poor planning of the reservation system has come in to play for quite a few of us who thought a first day confirmation would make us gold for a 21' MY. Maybe Ford planned it that way to make us work for it. I know I sure did.
Sponsored

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know about you but I was logged on the Ford site before reveal time and when it started I looked at the models to figure out which to reserve because I didn't know at the time you could change any aspect of your build. Well let's just say after 3 and a half hours of getting kicked off, getting a high volume of traffic notification and selecting a dealer I was finally able to make a reservation. Now we see how the poor planning of the reservation system has come in to play for quite a few of us who thought a first day confirmation would make us gold for a 21' MY. Maybe Ford planned it that way to make us work for it. I know I sure did.
Totally agree with you. This was fumbled big time by Ford with the whole reservation process since the beginning. Least we are on the list, where exactly, is TBD sadly.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was going to switch my dealer to Stephen’s this week, but I have a july 22 reservation. I dont stand a chance of getting a MY21 if I do, correct?
Not necessarily true. The ability, although not necessarily used, of a dealership to adjust priority of their orders, on top of the number of inflow and outflow of reservations to another dealer really muddies up the "yes" or "no" to that question.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to switch my dealer to Stephen’s this week, but I have a july 22 reservation. I dont stand a chance of getting a MY21 if I do, correct?
it depends on how people ahead of you want late availability items like squatch, 2 doors or 2.7 L engines.

if you want a 4 door with 2.3L engine, chances significantly improve

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stephens really needs to get $500-$1000 non refundable deposit from folks to shut down tire kickers. What's to stop jackasses from ordering with nothing on the line then backing out while some of the 7/14 people get the shaft?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is a great thought but it falls back into the argument of "non-refundable deposit for something that we haven't touched yet". Which could also devolve into the "If you can't afford that much skin in the game then you are poor and shouldn't be buying one of these machines" argument.

To each their own, take the "non-refundable" out of the deposit and there might be more agreement to the sentiment.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree with you, knowing where we stand on the list should be one factor to consider when doing our builds and placing our orders. I actually emailed John earlier today to ask where I stand, if the list was available I wouldn't need to bother him.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with you, knowing where we stand on the list should be one factor to consider when doing our builds and placing our orders. I actually emailed John earlier today to ask where I stand, if the list was available I wouldn't need to bother him.
"
Our estimated allocation is 70. That number should rise with the number of conversions from reservations to orders. With the possibility of cancellations, deferrals to MY22, failure to order, etc. we have reason to believe that we'll be ok with that number as compared to the rest of the dealers and the MY21 cut-off due to the 60,000 level of production.

I am heading out of the office for the weekend, but I'll be back on Monday bright and early answering voicemails or emails (preferred). See everyone then! Have a safe and enjoyable weekend everyone!
"

He's away from work for the weekend. Couldn't find it but thought he mentioned somewhere that you would get your estimated place in line when you were doing your conversion conversation. That is how Granger is doing it anyway.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You won't know where you stand on the list until the ordering closes in March. I for one am waiting as close to that date as possible to decide if I want to wait until '22 or not. That goes for every dealership. Not just Stephen's. Once it closes, you will have everyone that went through with ordering.

Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand that the list is a living thing and will continue to change over time. However, I still think it would be helpful to understand where I fall on the list at the moment, but not a huge deal.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stephens really needs to get $500-$1000 non refundable deposit from folks to shut down tire kickers. What's to stop jackasses from ordering with nothing on the line then backing out while some of the 7/14 people get the shaft?
because, maybe some folks want something that bumps the desired configuration to MY22 like 2doors or Sasquatch.

the path for ordering MY22 is still hazy on details since there's an earlier mandate to convert all orders by midMarch.

i'm not excited to put a 'non-refundable' deposit on something that might not show up til next december especially if i haven't at least gotten into the display model.

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if this helps you but I did speak to John Friday morning and he was fairly confident that based on my July 26th reservation date and the number of people ahead of me I would wind up with a MY22 regardless of how I ordered it.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure if this helps you but I did speak to John Friday morning and he was fairly confident that based on my July 26th reservation date and the number of people ahead of me I would wind up with a MY22 regardless of how I ordered it.
I hope my late august reservation gets me a 2022 and not a 2023.
Sponsored