John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Another week and another massive disappointment. First day reservation.

If it makes you feel any better, there's no more scheduling that's going to happen for additional allocations until August..... so don't be disappointed every week until then.... then you can be disappointed if it doesn't happen... at least that will give you a few week's worth of ease.

/john
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it makes you feel any better, there's no more scheduling that's going to happen for additional allocations until August..... so don't be disappointed every week until then.... then you can be disappointed if it doesn't happen... at least that will give you a few week's worth of ease.

/john
wait, I thought there was going to be scheduling next week for more August builds? Is this not the case? If it is how many August builds does SAC have and what's the total of scheduled allocations to be built so far?

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

wait, I thought there was going to be scheduling next week for more August builds? Is this not the case? If it is how many August builds does SAC have and what's the total of scheduled allocations to be built so far?

I have 21 of 50 currently scheduled listed for August, some of those may move up. I've heard that they'll be no more scheduling until August 2 or 9th (depending on who you believe) and per-Ford, NONE of the soft top builds will be scheduled for August.

/john

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 21 of 50 currently scheduled listed for August, some of those may move up. I've heard that they'll be no more scheduling until August 2 or 9th (depending on who you believe) and per-Ford, NONE of the soft top builds will be scheduled for August.

/john
this explains why we are seeing all the MIC builds get kicked back from July to August

Sponsored

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
…per-Ford, NONE of the soft top builds will be scheduled for August.

/john
I’m by no means an expert, but I see that as positive news for the several B6G reservation holders considering a switch to the soft top, but concerned they’ll miss out on the “prep kit” promised for soft top builds built September 2021 and beyond.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m by no means an expert, but I see that as positive news for the several B6G reservation holders considering a switch to the soft top, but concerned they’ll miss out on the “prep kit” promised for soft top builds built September 2021 and beyond.

Actually, it's better for them, those with pre-Sept builds aren't getting the prep-kits, those after, are.... from my understanding. So, if they're not building any in August, only those with June/July builds won't be getting the prep kits.

/john

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey SAC squad! Forgive me for this post, but I'm hoping that by writing this out here, it will help my thought process (and maybe it might even help someone else). So, here goes: Given recent developments, I've been pondering the hard top situation quite a bit, particularly as I'm already suffering from late-reservation-syndrome (reserved 30 August 2020). I must admit, I do feel the need to do whatever I can (within reason) to get my Bronco as soon as I can, and preferably in time for Spring/Summer 2022 (before the end of 2021 would be even better). With that in mind, I'm leaning very heavily toward calling our good buddy Bronco John @StephensAutoCenter later today to do just that -- drop the MIC top in favor of the soft top; I'm fairly confidant that my later res will mean I'll end up with the post-1 September build that will include the recently announced "prep kit".

I've also gone back and forth on whether to keep (or ditch) SAS in my build. In fact, when I first placed my order, I left SAS off. I'm almost certain I'll be dropping SAS for good, as I've been very pleased with the look of the 33s (particularly the KO2s) I've spotted on a few recent postings by new owners here on B6G. I figure if I really need/want to do so, I can add lift, wheels and 34s or 35s later if I get to the point where I find I am limited signifcantly in my adventures by the stock 33s.

Lastly, I still keep feeling the pull of the 7MT because I just miss driving stick (watching the TFL video reassured me as well). Call me old fashioned, but I loved all the stick shifts I've owned -- 1977 VW Westfalia Camper (orange), 1986 VW Cabriolet (white), 1996 Landrover Discovery (white), 1998 Nissan Patrol (blue), 2000 VW Golf GTI VR6 (silver), so I may even drop back to the stick and 2.3 from the 2.7 Auto. And yes, Bronco John did explain to me the benefits of the auto vs stick in off-roading, but I guess I'm a bit of a block head :ROFLMAO: ! Wish me luck!
My thoughts:
1. You may get yours sooner going soft top, but my understanding is they are not doing any more soft tops right now until September. So, if you change now, you will get the prep kit.
2. Sasquatch is not necessary on Badlands. Not truly necessary on other builds, but makes a substantial difference on everything except Badlands. The Badlands on 33s is quite nice. I actually prefer the 33s. YMMV if you do significant heavy-duty rock crawling.
3. If you like the manual, go with it. My old knees and ankles made the decision for me some time ago. I get my manual kicks out of my motorcycle, but I stick to auto transmissions now on all the vehicles with 4 wheels. However, fwiw, I've ridden in the 2.3L. It was fine, but riding in the 2.3L (and the conversation with Shelby Hall about the engine's power) sold me on the 2.7L.

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thoughts:
1. You may get yours sooner going soft top, but my understanding is they are not doing any more soft tops right now until September. So, if you change now, you will get the prep kit.
2. Sasquatch is not necessary on Badlands. Not truly necessary on other builds, but makes a substantial difference on everything except Badlands. The Badlands on 33s is quite nice. I actually prefer the 33s. YMMV if you do significant heavy-duty rock crawling.
3. If you like the manual, go with it. My old knees and ankles made the decision for me some time ago. I get my manual kicks out of my motorcycle, but I stick to auto transmissions now on all the vehicles with 4 wheels. However, fwiw, I've ridden in the 2.3L. It was fine, but riding in the 2.3L (and the conversation with Shelby Hall about the engine's power) sold me on the 2.7L.
Fantastic! And awesome you got to do the ride along with Shelby! I’m envious! In any car, I called John yesterday to drop the SAS, go with 7MT, and of course 33” KO2s with the upgraded wheels . I’m very much at peace and my better half is equally excited with the new build! Win!

Sponsored

maximus3686

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lightning Blue looks so good it hurts.

Last edited:

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@StephensAutoCenter - I didn't reserve last year or order this year - STUPID - I KNOW!

I just reserved a 2 Door Badlands on 7-5-21 with a local dealer. I have not ordered yet. I am also not silly enough to expect to get vehicle until late 2022 at earliest and possibly 2023 I fear.

My question is - Does it hurt or help someone in my shoes to switch my dealership cancel my reservation with Ricart and place a new reservation with you, who likely will do a lot more volume, rather than a local dealer (Ricart Ford in Columbus Ohio) who likely will do less volume than you?

This question would be related to getting the vehicle sooner or later and not financially since Ricart wants to go with MSRP. I would obviously save money with you.

thanks, Lewis

Last edited:
OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@StephensAutoCenter - I didn't reserve last year or order this year - STUPID - I KNOW!

I just reserved a 2 Door Badlands on 7-5-21 with a local dealer. I have not ordered yet. I am also not silly enough to expect to get vehicle until late 2022 at earliest and possibly 2023 I fear.

My question is - Does it hurt or help someone in my shoes to switch my dealership cancel my reservation with Ricart and place a new reservation with you, who likely will do a lot more volume, rather than a local dealer (Ricart Ford in Columbus Ohio) who likely will do less volume than you?

This question would be related to getting the vehicle sooner or later and not financially since Ricart wants to go with MSRP. I would obviously save money with you.

thanks, Lewis

Doesn't hurt anything that I know of.... we have hundreds of reservations from across the country.

/john

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the fast response!
Sponsored