Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone here seen any movement on their Built units? Mine has been built since early last week and has been waiting transportation. Seems like this trucking shortage is really hurting delivery timelines at the moment.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The "formula" has leaked, however, I don't believe that tells us the final allocation. If I ran the numbers, there's still a missing piece I believe.

Let's look at it like this....

Let's say over the past 3 years, a dealer has sold 400 Fords, had an allocation of 50 Broncos and sold 50 Bronco Sports. If the formula was taken at face value, that would indicate an allocation of 500 Broncos and that's not going to happen. Why? Because there's other factors involved. How much is that dealer charging for the Broncos vs. how many people are really going to flock to that dealer and buy at a higher price? If the Broncos won't sell at the dealer, why go the extra mile to provide them with inventory? That doesn't make sense and the bottom line is, Ford exec's are worried about the bottom line.

I believe there's another static factor involved in the decision.

Historically speaking, the previous MY21 "formula" would have given us a lot more allocation than what we originally received, probably 100x the original 70, if it were to use similar numbers (there was a part of the MY21 formula I heard about that's not been mentioned and I cannot divulge). Therefore, I must assume, there's another factor involved. While the "leaked" info is *part* of the formula, I don't believe it tells the entire tale.

Let's wait and see what Ford says before we throw out a huge number, only to find out the number is much smaller (or vice-versa).

/john

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

John , I am really late to the game on this one. I am looking to put an order in. Will you be accepting any new orders soon?

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

John , I am really late to the game on this one. I am looking to put an order in. Will you be accepting any new orders soon?

If you don't have a reservation, Ford has stated that any plain order
would be put at the end of the line in respect to the dealer's
allocation vs. pre reservation holders. Meaning, reservations come
first. We can put in an order for anyone, you will however not receive
your Bronco until all of the MY22 reservations are fulfilled by Ford
and then, only if we have left over allocations available. We do not
yet know our allocation and won't know how many of those Ford will be
able to fulfill until nearing the end of MY22.

As for pricing, our offer is for reservation holders ONLY. While we will be discounting (charging below MSRP), standard customer orders not in the reservation system will not be below invoice.

You can PM me your name, phone and email address and I will put you on my "Potentials" list and I will contact you once I have placed all of the reservation holder's orders into the system.

/john

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The "formula" has leaked, however, I don't believe that tells us the final allocation. If I ran the numbers, there's still a missing piece I believe.

Let's say over the past 3 years, a dealer has sold 400 Fords, had an allocation of 50 Broncos and sold 50 Bronco Sports. If the formula was taken at face value, that would indicate an allocation of 500 Broncos and that's not going to happen. Why? Because there's other factors involved. How much is that dealer charging for the Broncos vs. how many people are really going to flock to that dealer and buy at a higher price? If the Broncos won't sell at the dealer, why go the extra mile to provide them with inventory? That doesn't make sense and the bottom line is, Ford exec's are worried about the bottom line.

Historically speaking, the previous MY21 "formula" would have given us a lot more allocation than what we originally received, probably 100x the original 70, if it were to use similar numbers (there was a part of the MY21 formula I heard about that's not been mentioned and I cannot divulge). Therefore, I must assume, there's another factor involved. While the "leaked" info is *part* of the formula, I don't believe it tells the entire tale.

Let's wait and see what Ford says before we throw out a huge number, only to find out the number is much smaller (or vice-versa).

/john
Well John, I just hope you and your team at Stephens get rewarded as far as 2022 allocations for the excellent deals and service you have provided.
The leaked 2022 allocation doesn't appear to be commensurate to your efforts.
Best of luck to you and your team.

Last edited:

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

/john
Yeah, obviously it's not a raw number but more a weight factor. For example, say Ford could produce 90,000 MY22 Broncos. Now, if each dealer was equal and assuming 3000 dealers, each dealer would get 30 Broncos in their allocation (ie. weight factor equals 1).

I assume the leaked formula is used to calculate the weight factor, and I'm guessing probably compared to the national average. So take 50% of all Ford sales history + 25% all MY21 Bronco allocation + 25% all Bronco Sports sales and divide by the number of Ford dealers. Then take your dealer info (50% sale history + 25% MY21 Bronco allocation + 25% Bronco sport sales) and divide by the national average to calculate your weight factor. For example, say your weight factor is 3.0 and Ford could produce 90K MY22 Broncos, then your allocation would be 90.

Basically, if you are above the national average number then your weight factor is greater than 1 and you get more than 'every dealer is equal' allocation. I won't mention the opposite.....

70Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco; 11 Jetta TDI; 03 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well John, I just hope you and your team at Grainger STEPHENS AUTO CENTER get rewarded as far as 2022 allocations for the excellent deals and service you have provided.
The leaked 2022 allocation doesn't appear to be commensurate to your efforts.
Best of luck to you and your team.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like that '22 allocation formula was specifically cooked up in response to bigger Ford dealers whining about losing reservations to Grainger/Stephens/etc. Otherwise Ford wouldn't be deliberately punishing dealers that were successful at earning Bronco reservations.

I'm worried that Ford will give Stephens a '22 allocation that's like a quarter their remaining reservation #. That would effectively put some of us a year or more behind someone that has a similar reservation timestamp at a larger dealer.

@StephensAutoCenter , roughly how many unfulfilled reservations do you have remaining? Thanks

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It looks like that '22 allocation formula was specifically cooked up in response to bigger Ford dealers whining about losing reservations to Grainger/Stephens/etc. Otherwise Ford wouldn't be deliberately punishing dealers that were successful at earning Bronco reservations.

I'm worried that Ford will give Stephens a '22 allocation that's like a quarter their remaining reservation #. That would effectively put some of us a year or more behind someone that has a similar reservation timestamp at a larger dealer.

@StephensAutoCenter , roughly how many unfulfilled reservations do you have remaining? Thanks

Until we know the allocation number, I don't want to add fuel to a fire that may not even yet be a spark. Once the allocation is known, we'll put everything on the table for our customers.

/john

Sponsored

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would like to thank @StephensAutoCenter for offering this deal and providing the best dealership experience I've ever had. Everything was completed and sent prior to arrival. I just had to sign a couple documents and I was on my way. Everything was beyond what I expected and no surprises. :) To those of you still waiting.... it's totally worth it. From the website crashing on reveal night, the many delays, setbacks & disappointments.... You'll forget about all of it when you take delivery! Stay strong! 💪💪🐎🤠
Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection bronco

Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection 20211002_122752

Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection 20211002_122824

Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection 20211002_122809

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't have a reservation, Ford has stated that any plain order
would be put at the end of the line in respect to the dealer's
allocation vs. pre reservation holders. Meaning, reservations come
first. We can put in an order for anyone, you will however not receive
your Bronco until all of the MY22 reservations are fulfilled by Ford
and then, only if we have left over allocations available. We do not
yet know our allocation and won't know how many of those Ford will be
able to fulfill until nearing the end of MY22.

As for pricing, our offer is for reservation holders ONLY. While we will be discounting (charging below MSRP), standard customer orders not in the reservation system will not be below invoice.

You can PM me your name, phone and email address and I will put you on my "Potentials" list and I will contact you once I have placed all of the reservation holder's orders into the system.

/john
I'm just here to post how awesome you guys are that you're staying below MSRP for even new orders that aren't reservations. Even though this doesn't affect me personally things like this is exactly why I'm glad I switched to SAC.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@StephensAutoCenter can you update us on if you are seeing any trucks en route or that are scheduled for pickup? Curious to know how many are waiting at Ford right now on transportation. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@StephensAutoCenter can you update us on if you are seeing any trucks en route or that are scheduled for pickup? Curious to know how many are waiting at Ford right now on transportation. Thanks in advance!

There's 17 currently parked up there waiting on something.... either transport or possibly the replacement MIC parts/tops or other issues. Nothing further is listed in our view. There's another 35 or 36 scheduled to day/week or sent to the plant.

/john

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

John,

What are your thoughts on this?

Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection 1633706227952

If I'm reading this correctly.. maybe I'm not. I'm potentially getting screwed.

I initially reserved a Big Bend; however, will all the delays and me ultimately getting what I really want I decided a while back to switch to a WT.. with a $20k difference in cost. I didn't think there would be any reason to switch my reservation trim as Ford didn't communicate to you nor us about the specifics of the "Price Protection" and honestly that's a low blow. If I'm reading this correctly.
Sponsored