Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is great to finally meet someone who has never changed their mind one time in life, you must be an amazing story teller at parties.
no, people like this genius think we should have altered 99ed orders that get wiped and have to be reordered.
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I need to get an idea of where I'm at in line. I know John says it doesn't factor in whether you get scheduled or not, but it does factor into deciding if you need to shift to a dealer with a higher allocation. That is a tough decision but I don't know that I'm going to wait until MY23 or later for a Bronco if the allocations dealt out by Ford land where we think they will. I want to stay with Stephens...its going to be tough.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need to get an idea of where I'm at in line. I know John says it doesn't factor in whether you get scheduled or not, but it does factor into deciding if you need to shift to a dealer with a higher allocation. That is a tough decision but I don't know that I'm going to wait until MY23 or later for a Bronco if the allocations dealt out by Ford land where we think they will. I want to stay with Stephens...its going to be tough.
What's your reservation timestamps? I feel good with where I am and honestly I hope they don't allow transfers or it could screw people like me that have been here the whole time. I was like mid 60s when this started but I had MIC and 99ed. I feel like I would be pretty low number.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These vehicles are actually fairly cheap given today's market. Call around and try to buy a TRD Off Road, or TRD Pro 4 Runner. Everyone is charging $5k, $10k or more over sticker. Your price has been guaranteed by Ford and you are still moaning?

Personally, I have ZERO sympathy for folks in your situation. Everyone had since July 2020 to study/ponder/analyze the different trim levels and reserved/ordered based on this. Ford cannot be expected to give discounts to people who "wanted" one trim, but actually reserved something else.
Honestly...

Some of us DID reach out and consult with John about switching over our initial trim selection.

Why should I change my original reservation/order when I'm 99'd and will have to change everything when the 22 banks open up? So that I can see a picture on my reservation page of a WT instead of a BB? It seems like something trivial to ask the Stephens team to do.

Nowhere in the original price protection announcement did it tell me that I SHOULD make the change. Sure, it stated "Equivalent,".. but what does that mean? They never gave us that answer.

That's when I reached out about this back in JUNE. John had no more information than us. We deemed that it really shouldn't matter.

If Ford gave us a clearer outlook on this, I would then agree with you about the no sympathy. I did reach out for consultation on this, however.

Instead, we get an announcement on 10/8 FINALLY giving us more clarity of what we should have done before 10/1.

Am I going to call and complain to Ford? Is this going to make me cancel my order? No. Can I be a little ticked about this? Absolutely.

Last edited:

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only way I'm switching off Stephens is if I get something that's not a Bronco. Dealers are getting hosed by the allocation formulas just as much as us. Stephens has been open and straightforward, earned a lot of business, and is getting punished for it. I'll wait for a 23 if I have to, and hopefully that means even more options and more bugs worked out.

Sponsored

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sounds like they are going to allow switching dealers, so your place in line will constantly be changing. That will add to the cluster $%^&....

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These vehicles are actually fairly cheap given today's market. Call around and try to buy a TRD Off Road, or TRD Pro 4 Runner. Everyone is charging $5k, $10k or more over sticker. Your price has been guaranteed by Ford and you are still moaning?

Personally, I have ZERO sympathy for folks in your situation. Everyone had since July 2020 to study/ponder/analyze the different trim levels and reserved/ordered based on this. Ford cannot be expected to give discounts to people who "wanted" one trim, but actually reserved something else.
lighten up francis

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Considering it was only in the past couple of months that any of us got to see one in person or drive one...yes, I'm sure that many of us have changed our minds after getting to see them in person and drive different models. I hope that you have a better day.....

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What's your reservation timestamps? I feel good with where I am and honestly I hope they don't allow transfers or it could screw people like me that have been here the whole time. I was like mid 60s when this started but I had MIC and 99ed. I feel like I would be pretty low number.
I'm 7/14 but I don't know the time. I think early afternoon. Back when production was just starting I think my place in the time stamp line at Stephens was 103-108. I knew I was always on the bubble, then the MIC issue happened. Based on the Grainger thread, I would be on the bubble there if Zach's estimated allocation ends up on the low end for that dealership.

With 85 delivered or scheduled, I'd think it would put me well within their allocation but who knows what that will be. Maybe a rash of folks switch to softtops and screw MIC folks again.

My family would rather me ditch the whole Bronco idea, so staying the course is going to get more difficult. My cross to bear.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It sounds like they are going to allow switching dealers, so your place in line will constantly be changing. That will add to the cluster $%^&....
I hear you which makes me think there are no good solutions. Maybe a high volume dealer that has committed to MSRP? I don't know. It's gone from being a source of distraction and positivity during the pandemic to the crap show it is now. This was going to be my pandemic treat to myself for busting my butt at work and saving some extra cash.

I don't want to shift from Stephens. I think a good dealership that works hard for their customers should benefit from extra sales.

My brother jumped on the bandwagon late...near the end of the reservation time period. I'll need to bring him up to speed on the issues and advise him accordingly.

Sponsored

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Considering it was only in the past couple of months that any of us got to see one in person or drive one...yes, I'm sure that many of us have changed our minds after getting to see them in person and drive different models. I hope that you have a better day.....
Speaking of test driving: If you have the opportunity, I HIGHLY recommend attending the Off-Rodeo. I was lucky and the NH location is only an hour away from me. I've never done any heavy duty off-roading and this experience was unbelievable. A lot of behind the wheel time as well as learning how to guide others over obstacles.
I may have to upgrade to a Sasquatch package now!

20210929_140641 (Medium).jpg

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 7/14 but I don't know the time. I think early afternoon. Back when production was just starting I think my place in the time stamp line at Stephens was 103-108. I knew I was always on the bubble, then the MIC issue happened. Based on the Grainger thread, I would be on the bubble there if Zach's estimated allocation ends up on the low end for that dealership.

With 85 delivered or scheduled, I'd think it would put me well within their allocation but who knows what that will be. Maybe a rash of folks switch to softtops and screw MIC folks again.

My family would rather me ditch the whole Bronco idea, so staying the course is going to get more difficult. My cross to bear.
I would think you'll be well within allocation. If you end up in first half I wouldn't switch. I'll repeat what I said though and I wish switching wasn't allowed because I'm afraid it's going to screw over folks that have been reserved here the entire time.

MZBHAVN

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor, 2016 JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We were 68 in Stephens lineup based on TS but held out for the Wildtrack with Hardtop so getting bumped to 22. Our only disappointment is AMB not being offered, we can wait for a 2022. Going through the 2022 pricing guide we are glad Ford held the MY21 prices and the $695 credit is for the change to softop as standard. The MIC top costs $695.00, we will have to pick another color otherwise all good.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We were 68 in Stephens lineup based on TS but held out for the Wildtrack with Hardtop so getting bumped to 22. Our only disappointment is AMB not being offered, we can wait for a 2022. Going through the 2022 pricing guide we are glad Ford held the MY21 prices and the $695 credit is for the change to softop as standard. The MIC top costs $695.00, we will have to pick another color otherwise all good.
I was right there with you. What was your time? I was 3am CT. I think I was 60-65 or so last time. I started at like 78 I think the they had 99s and cancellations.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would think you'll be well within allocation. If you end up in first half I wouldn't switch. I'll repeat what I said though and I wish switching wasn't allowed because I'm afraid it's going to screw over folks that have been reserved here the entire time.
My thoughts exactly. If my place in the timestamp line is half or less than their allocations, then I'm probably in a good spot. My brother who is a late reservation (near the end)...I'm not sure what to tell him. Either ride it out and get a MY23 or 24, switch and get gouged, or just drop the idea and get another brand.

I've been reserved there not since the beginning, but I switched very early.
Sponsored