John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi John. I've got about 1,000 miles between you and my driveway. I expect lots of salt and snow along the way. I was wondering, do you have a recommendation for a shop near you to get underbody coating? I'd like to pretty much make an appointment and go straight there after taking delivery. Rust kills frames up this way very quickly. I've replaced a rotted rotor off a 2019 with only 24k miles on it, two weeks ago. I've kicked wheel Wells to bust off snow and ice, and saw pieces of the body and rocker panels fall off.

I am not aware of any businesses in the area that does rust prevention. If I hear of something, I will post it.

/john

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey John, how's it been going with Ford reimbursement for the cash they were alotting? I know that was an initial concern, they'd make it too hard for the dealers to get the money back.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not aware of any businesses in the area that does rust prevention. If I hear of something, I will post it.

/john
Thank you John. My dad used to spray old motor oil up on everything and then tear ass up and down the local dirt roads. id much rather get a professional coating done

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey John, how's it been going with Ford reimbursement for the cash they were alotting? I know that was an initial concern, they'd make it too hard for the dealers to get the money back.

We didn't receive any guidance on how the reimbursement would go,
Thank you John. My dad used to spray old motor oil up on everything and then tear ass up and down the local dirt roads. id much rather get a professional coating done

I don't think there's much difference in how things are done currently.

Every time I think about how they're doing this, I wonder what kind of EPA rules are being broken when someone does it.

/john

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi John - it appears it’s been since 10/28 since you last received any Broncos From MAP. Can you share if you all have received any Rangers since 10/28? We know there are a bunch of Broncos sitting there with ‘built’ status but haven’t shipped yet so trying to determine if no Broncos since 10/28 is a Bronco specific thing (hope not) or if it’s related to the truck driver shortage or a more general MAP issue.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think there's much difference in how things are done currently.

Every time I think about how they're doing this, I wonder what kind of EPA rules are being broken when someone does it.

/john
[/QUOTE]
i did it myself to my 4runner a couple years ago. I crawled underneath and slapped POR-15 on with a paint brush. It was a terrible job. I thought i had every speck of skin covered but i did not. Got a little on my forehead and under my eyes, all around my goggles. I had to scrub my skin with paint thinner to get it off. i had wicked red rashes for a week all over my face. Had to buy a gas mask filter so i can breathe without huffing that stuff in, but it was really difficult to draw in any air through it.

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i did it myself to my 4runner a couple years ago. I crawled underneath and slapped POR-15 on with a paint brush. It was a terrible job. I thought i had every speck of skin covered but i did not. Got a little on my forehead and under my eyes, all around my goggles. I had to scrub my skin with paint thinner to get it off. i had wicked red rashes for a week all over my face. Had to buy a gas mask filter so i can breathe without huffing that stuff in, but it was really difficult to draw in any air through it.
There is a Line-X franchise in Nitro, WV that does underbody coating. I called them about my MX-5, but they said their lift wasn't low enough for it. So, I can't comment on their product, quality or price.. but it's the closest one that I know of off the top of my head.

There may be closer options in Charleston.

https://www.truckaccessoriesnitrowv.com

It's about 32 miles or so from Stephens.

..or you could always buy some fluid film cans and spray under your Bronco to get you home? Not sure if that is enough for you.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Mike5681 @Bogeybekk

looks like I won’t be coming in with you guys, fuck I’m pissed.

So it’s been 16 days since I got the built email so I call Tanis, who is great by the way, to check what they know as all my sources (trackers, Aem link, etc) show awaiting shipment and I have no airbag recall, my modules are all updated, my 2.7 engine was built in June (not April as those are the bad valve ones) so nothing appears a reason to hold this up. I ask him to pull the vehicle visibility report and he looks and tells me “hmm, looks like your Bronco is built. But um, it shows that your Bronco is not “released for shipment“. I appreciate his transparency but if I didn’t ask I’d still be thinking I could get shipped any day.

Very mad at Ford as why send me a built email, lead me on and give me a ’track your Bronco’ link that says “Your Bronco has been built and we are arranging shipme to to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week“ when both are straight up lies. I don’t understand why they just can’t tell us the truth. It’s one thing if I knew they were working on it but I know it’s just parked with zero urgency to get it completed, if there was any urgency whatever it was could get corrected overnight. All the while cranking out hundred of new Broncos with all the parts my Bronco might need while mine sits. Not looking for sympathy, just sharing my frustration.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Mike5681 @Bogeybekk

So it’s been 16 days since I got the built email so I call Tanis, who is great by the way, to check what they know as all my sources (trackers, Aem link, etc) show awaiting shipment and I have no airbag recall, my modules are all updated, my 2.7 engine was built in June (not April as those are the bad valve ones) so nothing appears a reason to hold this up. I ask him to pull the vehicle visibility report and he looks and tells me “hmm, looks like your Bronco is built. But um, it shows that your Bronco is not “released for shipment“. I appreciate his transparency but if I didn’t ask I’d still be thinking I could get shipped any day.

Very mad at Ford as why send me a built email, lead me on and give me a ’track your Bronco’ link that says “Your Bronco has been built and we are arranging shipme to to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week“ when both are straight up lies. I don’t understand why they just can’t tell us the truth. It’s one thing if I knew they were working on it but I know it’s just parked with zero urgency to get it completed, if there was any urgency whatever it was could get corrected overnight. All the while cranking out hundred of new Broncos with all the parts my Bronco might need while mine sits. Not looking for sympathy, just sharing my frustration.
That sucks man. Seems like the hits just keep coming. Wonder if it’s possible they’re just waiting for transportation to be lined up before marking it released for shipment? 16 days seems like a long time to wait though

Sponsored

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Mike5681 @Bogeybekk

I checked my shipping status earlier today and my estimated delivery date is now 11/22. Mine was built on 10/28 and originally was scheduled for delivery 11/11-11/17, then 11/19 and now 11/22.

@StephensAutoCenter John, can you check to see if there is anything holding up my shipment like what @Rubisquatch mentioned above?

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok folks, I can see what they've previewed.

2.3 auto and manual, 2.7 autos, 4 doors and 2 doors, Base through Wildtraks, no Big Bends, all colors, with and without Sasquatch, with and without Towing, all different bumpers including Modular, hard and softtops on 4 doors, leather trim and no leather trim, lux and no lux,
I checked my shipping status earlier today and my estimated delivery date is now 11/22. Mine was built on 10/28 and originally was scheduled for delivery 11/11-11/17, then 11/19 and now 11/22.

@StephensAutoCenter John, can you check to see if there is anything holding up my shipment like what @Rubisquatch mentioned above?

We have no way of accessing that info that I know of....

/john

ztg123

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok folks, I can see what they've previewed.

2.3 auto and manual, 2.7 autos, 4 doors and 2 doors, Base through Wildtraks, no Big Bends, all colors, with and without Sasquatch, with and without Towing, all different bumpers including Modular, hard and softtops on 4 doors, leather trim and no leather trim, lux and no lux,

/john
So will tomorrow be the day to see if we got the lucky draw of being scheduled for production? Am I understanding how this works correctly?

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So will tomorrow be the day to see if we got the lucky draw of being scheduled for production? Am I understanding how this works correctly?

Correct.

We can expect emails to start going out tomorrow, perhaps tomorrow afternoon and some may be sent on Friday.

/john

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct.

We can expect emails to start going out tomorrow, perhaps tomorrow afternoon and some may be sent on Friday.

/john
I think you stated there were 11 previewed last week. Were there additional ones this week? Or I guess, what was the total previewed for this round of scheduling?

Thanks.
Sponsored