Sponsored

The questions that don’t deserve their own questions thread (2021 Ford Bronco)

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since OBX comes with running boards, what happens if you order it with the incompatible rock rail? Did they discount the rockrail price to offset the fact you won't get running boards?
On the build site you can order the outer banks with rock rails and running board.
Sponsored

Greg Helmick

Big Bend
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I tried searching the threads, but had no luck. Has anyone seen anything about painting the MIC top? I am thinking of getting Shadow Black because Area 51 is just to baby blue. What about just painting the MIC top? Thinking i can paint it and make a blacked out Bronco, especially since i am looking at an OBX with fenders, mirrors and handles being shadow black.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried searching the threads, but had no luck. Has anyone seen anything about painting the MIC top? I am thinking of getting Shadow Black because Area 51 is just to baby blue. What about just painting the MIC top? Thinking i can paint it and make a blacked out Bronco, especially since i am looking at an OBX with fenders, mirrors and handles being shadow black.
It has been discussed a ton... keep searching for references, but basically the consensus is: anything is possible... but the amount of sanding it may take (because of the texture), and to some degree the material the outer skin of the MIC top is made out of, may dissuade an Autobody shop from wanting to do it.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh wow you're right. It looks like it's possible to have both running boards and rock rails. That's kinda nuts if true.
If you open the information page on the OBX for the rock rails, it states that they can not go on a model which has running boards.

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adding my own random question.. thoughts on the standard 33 badlands tire in the snow, same question for the Sasquatches 35?
Good for mud/dirt/gravel and snow?
obviously there’s chains if needed, but can’t imagine people are going to have a spare set of winter tires after buying a 50k+ vehicle

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Four Door w/ SAS allows the liner; when you then click to upgrade to the 2.7 engine, it deletes the liner. At least that is how it worked for me last night.
BUT - with the Wildtrak, which has the SAS pkg, you can add it with no issue . . . just a bug I have to imagine. I hope so because if I don't go with the WT - which I have reserved - I do want the sound deadening.

Sponsored

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With no hardtop available for my 4 door, do you think Ford will discount the high package as it comes with additional sound deadening that I can't use?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ksm

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Adding my own random question.. thoughts on the standard 33 badlands tire in the snow, same question for the Sasquatches 35?
Good for mud/dirt/gravel and snow?
obviously there’s chains if needed, but can’t imagine people are going to have a spare set of winter tires after buying a 50k+ vehicle
I actually plan on getting a set of winter tires. It also extends the life of your original tires. You can probably score a deal on takeoffs from someone going aftermarket and put snow tires. I’m thinking of getting four snow tires and then a spare tire delete for the winter time.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With no hardtop available for my 4 door, do you think Ford will discount the high package as it comes with additional sound deadening that I can't use?
MIC top is available. Which trim are you getting?

I think sound deadening is different than the headliner.

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
MIC top is available. Which trim are you getting?

I think sound deadening is different than the headliner.
Either OBX or WT. But I live in Vegas and have limited space to store a hard top. So I might just let it slide for a year and see how I like the soft only.
Sponsored