Sponsored

The rear camera recall 22C27 is a "Compliance Recall". What does "Compliance Recall" mean?

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it mandatory to be done? I don't use 4WD-LOW very often, even less chance in backing.
Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because the issue causes the affected vehicles to no longer comply with NHTSA regulations. The fix is just a software update which you can download over-the-air. If you have automatic updates turned on it probably already did it for you. No need to go to the dealer for this.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"compliance" means it is being done to comply with NTHSA standards...as opposed to safety or emissions. I had it done, it's just a software update

OP
OP
tongsun3717

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because the issue causes the affected vehicles to no longer comply with NHTSA regulations. The fix is just a software update which you can download over-the-air. If you have automatic updates turned on it probably already did it for you. No need to go to the dealer for this.
A dealer said that it would need 4 hours to do this recall. I guess that is to update the entire software. I will figure out if I have auto update on. How? Thanks!

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just had the windshield recall done- it took over a week that they had it. So difficult to bring it in for this other recall. I'd have to take PTO from work so it's not going to happen any time soon.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A dealer said that it would need 4 hours to do this recall. I guess that is to update the entire software. I will figure out if I have auto update on. How? Thanks!
It's buried in the Bronco Owners Manual with an obscure chapter titled "Vehicle Software Updates", subsection "Software Update Settings". Deliberate obfuscation of important information on Ford's part!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had this issue and have gotten the notice. I have made sure my auto updates are on. How can I be sure the needed update has been done? Is it 3.5.2 or .3? My Ford Pass shows the last update June 27, 2022.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have had this issue and have gotten the notice. I have made sure my auto updates are on. How can I be sure the needed update has been done? Is it 3.5.2 or .3? My Ford Pass shows the last update June 27, 2022.
Yeah, love the lack of clarity about updates. My Ford Pass shows nothing about version, where are you seeing that?

Must be related to Ford unCommunication in general....we ain't telling no one nuttin', ever.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The OTA update was released December 2022 from Ford. So if your last update was June 2022, you haven’t got it yet.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, love the lack of clarity about updates. My Ford Pass shows nothing about version, where are you seeing that?

Must be related to Ford unCommunication in general....we ain't telling no one nuttin', ever.
Others have spoken of 3.5.3 relative to Carplay or Android Auto, and I swear I saw 3.5.2 mentioned somewhere but damned if I can remember where.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Others have spoken of 3.5.3 relative to Carplay or Android Auto, and I swear I saw 3.5.2 mentioned somewhere but damned if I can remember where.
I did find it, but only on the Bronco screen....says no more than that.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What humorous is the Ford App shows I have the update from June 2022. But when I check the message center - also in the Ford App - it has a message that reads I was updated to the January 7, 2023 Power-Up Software Update. So...which is it?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What humorous is the Ford App shows I have the update from June 2022. But when I check the message center - also in the Ford App - it has a message that reads I was updated to the January 7, 2023 Power-Up Software Update. So...which is it?
Mine shows Oct 14. . .

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did find it, but only on the Bronco screen....says no more than that.
Yep, that's where I saw 3.5.2. It says it has to do with Alexa and gives no date so idk if I got back ul cam update

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone get this update installed at the dealer (before they put a halt to it due to bad programming?).

BTW - this TSB cannot be done OTA. It has to be done at the dealer.

I got it done January 12 and I’m having some issues I’m trying to solve - perhaps unrelated - but, I’d like to rule this out.

There has since been an advanced notice that there will be a new update - but, the programming isn’t available yet.
Sponsored