First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since there are so many threads popping up with different incidents of dealers pulling this shady practice, I figured we would create a thread to list them all.
If you know of a dealer that is charging ADM on a reserved order, please list them here and we will keep a running list. The name and state, and any links to the deal in question would be helpful. I will update the first post with a list as they are posted.
Hopefully this will help potential new customers from dealing with these A-hole dealers.

1. Grand Prairie Ford https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-starts-the-dealer-games.20168/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you mean surprise dealer mark-ups on reserved and ordered vehicles? Or those sitting on the lot that are unclaimed? The second category, they would be crazy not to mark up...the former, than that would be an appropriate list of who not to order through.

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you mean surprise dealer mark-ups on reserved and ordered vehicles? Or those sitting on the lot that are unclaimed? The second category, they would be crazy not to mark up...the former, than that would be an appropriate list of who not to order through.
Yup. Of course. I’ll edit the title

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes- this should only include mark ups on customer ordered Broncos that the buyer went to purchase and the dealer adds mark up. Not the dealer stock or orders customers couldn’t finance, etc.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am confused. I have never ordered a vehicle without first agreeing on a price and then signing papers that clearly state the agreed price. A deposit is applied, that in actuality is nothing but an act of good faith since once the deposit check isn’t cashed until delivery. As a side bar to this issue,I contacted Ford yesterday in order to determine if I would be allowed to change dealers if my selected dealer tries to up charge me when I haggle the order price. I am a reservation from August 2020, and did not place an order. Ford said I can switch dealers ,however, I would have to cancel my current reservation and make another. I replied that by cancelling my 2020 reservation I would lose my mythical place in line . Reply, “ well true, but you would be first in the new line once the reservation site reopens.”. To which I replied, “ true, but if I keep my original reservation, wouldn’t I be ahead of all the new reservations?”. I added the fact there would also be a few thousand outstanding orders that failed to be built in MY 21, that would now be MY 22 and ahead of new reservations. Silence was the reply. I contacted Ford to see what leverage , if any I could apply to my dealer when I order. Will see what happens when MY 22 orders open.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone needs to do what I do. Go on Google and yelp and leave them negative reviews. Good people need to stay away from greedy scum dealers like this. Whether it be now or when things return to normal.

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A deposit is applied, that in actuality is nothing but an act of good faith since once the deposit check isn’t cashed until delivery.

A bit confused, also 🤔.
Dealers don't normally cash that deposit check? I've only actually "ordered" one other vehicle, 1989 Ford Probe and that is way too long ago to remember 🤣

8/20 reservation, converted to order 1/21.
At that time I handed over an additional $900 deposit.
As sure as all get-go they cashed that check 1/29/21.

So in my eyes, that would mean the dealership has fully accepted the terms of our agreement since they've already spent that $1000? Almost like it was a "payment" prior to delivery?

Yet they don't know about that $1000 dealer incentive? Gosh dog-it!!! I want my stuffed pony and a good bottle of Tequila to "stay pumped" now!

0001-7800955595_20210913_161527_0000.png

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A bit confused, also 🤔.
Dealers don't normally cash that deposit check? I've only actually "ordered" one other vehicle, 1989 Ford Probe and that is way too long ago to remember 🤣

8/20 reservation, converted to order 1/21.
At that time I handed over an additional $900 deposit.
As sure as all get-go they cashed that check 1/29/21.

So in my eyes, that would mean the dealership has fully accepted the terms of our agreement since they've already spent that $1000? Almost like it was a "payment" prior to delivery?

Yet they don't know about that $1000 dealer incentive? Gosh dog-it!!! I want my stuffed pony and a good bottle of Tequila to "stay pumped" now!

Ford Bronco The (reserved) Dealer Markup Call Out Thread 0001-7800955595_20210913_161527_0000
My additional $900 deposit on order is actually on a Credit Card not a check. So….let’s see how it plays out when mine gets released from dirt mountain.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am confused. I have never ordered a vehicle without first agreeing on a price and then signing papers that clearly state the agreed price. A deposit is applied, that in actuality is nothing but an act of good faith since once the deposit check isn’t cashed until delivery. As a side bar to this issue,I contacted Ford yesterday in order to determine if I would be allowed to change dealers if my selected dealer tries to up charge me when I haggle the order price. I am a reservation from August 2020, and did not place an order. Ford said I can switch dealers ,however, I would have to cancel my current reservation and make another. I replied that by cancelling my 2020 reservation I would lose my mythical place in line . Reply, “ well true, but you would be first in the new line once the reservation site reopens.”. To which I replied, “ true, but if I keep my original reservation, wouldn’t I be ahead of all the new reservations?”. I added the fact there would also be a few thousand outstanding orders that failed to be built in MY 21, that would now be MY 22 and ahead of new reservations. Silence was the reply. I contacted Ford to see what leverage , if any I could apply to my dealer when I order. Will see what happens when MY 22 orders open.
I totally agree with you. I have a signed email (MSRP no ADM), signed order agreement and a signed Addendum that I added to the order. Sorry.....but some of you that ordered blindly without agreeing to and signing a contract of an agreed upon price....well you screwed up. And...some bad Dealers will take advantage off that. I also ordered a Ranger. On that order I am trading in my F150. We already have an agreed upon price on the trade also. Otherwise...they can just low ball your trade in and screw you that way. ALWAYS GET THINGS IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY BOTH PARTIES! I wish those well that are dealing with this crap. Lessons learned (I learned the hard way over the years too)

Sponsored

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, is the signed preview order form the agreed upon price or did I need to have another form in writing to ensure that price? A bit confused but have an opportunity to make it right since MY22's have to reorder in the next month or two. Please let us know what is the correct process to ensure we get the MSRP that I originally expected.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I totally agree with you. I have a signed email (MSRP no ADM), signed order agreement and a signed Addendum that I added to the order. Sorry.....but some of you that ordered blindly without agreeing to and signing a contract of an agreed upon price....well you screwed up. And...some bad Dealers will take advantage off that. I also ordered a Ranger. On that order I am trading in my F150. We already have an agreed upon price on the trade also. Otherwise...they can just low ball your trade in and screw you that way. ALWAYS GET THINGS IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY BOTH PARTIES! I wish those well that are dealing with this crap. Lessons learned (I learned the hard way over the years too)
I specifically called my dealer and spoke with the owner (she was also to same person that reached out to me to convert my reservation to an order). She said "we are 100% committed to sell all Broncos orders at MSRP". No need to sign a purchase agreement. I have enough emails/texts back and forth that I feel comfortable they won't pull something shady.

NinjaQK

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lakewood Ford in Tacoma, WA and I'm assuming Titus Will Ford by association are now marking up all orders. I was told it would be "only" $3k to $4k. This is not just new orders. This is all orders.
Sponsored