DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, was wondering if punting to 2022 for green would be an option even though a VIN has been issued. Or for those with VIN's is the only change being allowed is to a soft top?
What I did could have been a fluke TBH. Our Ford rep said it wasn't possible but I tried it anyway and I believe it worked. It was a risky move but I actually need a vehicle now and don't want to buy something else.

Also if the VIN is issued they will build it as a 2021 to my knowledge. Not sure if you can push it to a 2022.
Sponsored

OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you missed either of these posts by the man keeping the beat for B6G, the end of September is when we should expect the action to start.

Assuming a total of 8,000 to 9,000 hard top Broncos need tops replaced and/or are FE's to be built, the earliest those of us in the Run Around group could expect to get Bronco's built is the end of October or first of November.

Big question in my mind is haw many Non-FE MIC top Run Arounds are there? I'm guessing another 8,000 to 9,000. That wild ass guess is based on MIC top production being stopped somewhere around July 22nd and Ford having released the August production VIN's back on July 1st. Does anyone have a better number of how many Non-FE MIC Run Arounds there are?

If the Webasto version 2 MIC top production can maintain an output of 300 to 500 tops per day then all scheduled VIN's should get built in 2021. But there's not any wiggle room in the schedule.
Numbers seem reasonable to me but I also know there are folks on here that have access to numbers I don't. I'm sure you can back into that math further. What, yet again, will get frustrating is if Team Run Around starts getting dates prior to October, thinks they're real (which some may) and then they get pushed out again. Close down all of the dealer/customer facing systems until October and just tell this group that you won't get your next update until then. Instead it seems like there are still a few of us getting September dates, confirming them with the dealer and su
Same boat as everyone here. 4dr, Badlands, 2.7, Sasquatch, MIC. Original build date Juy 26, then Aug 16, currently Aug 30th.

Contacted dealer to see if I can switch to a soft top and they supposedly contacted the regional rep and he said because a VIN # was already assigned, no changes could be made. Dealer shows build week of sept 27 but I have yet to receive that email.

We are at the back of the line but what brings me comfort is knowing my bronco is not sitting somewhere on a dirt lot with rodents everywhere, tires rotting away, maybe getting flat spots, and with grueling weather on its way. My bronco will be built and shipped.
Good optimism and good points. I think it's fair to say that the statement of: If you have a VIN, you can't change, is relatively accurate. I tried and couldn't and have seen most unsuccessful. The few exceptions I wonder if there was a inside string pulled or connection (good for them). Ultimately I'm glad I didn't change but when I inquired I was told the same thing.

aherried

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BB, MIC, 2.7, Tow package, Mid interior. Vin but not built.

Bought a 2018 5 series to bring me through as I've been vehicless since July.

hellonickmiller

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I belong here... 1st day res, I have a VIN, build date of 8/30. Let's see what happens!

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That build date hit today actually. It was showing scheduled to week 9/13 yesterday but now shows the build date of 9/16.

BL.JPG
I just messaged my dealer, it's showing a build week of 9/13 and a build date of 9/17 for me. Weird. Why would the assign a build date like that? I'm not sure I've ever had a build date (had like 5 build weeks).

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 Door Black Diamond
Reservation Day: Who cares? It doesnā€™t matter.
Current build date: Week of Sept 27

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just messaged my dealer, it's showing a build week of 9/13 and a build date of 9/17 for me. Weird. Why would the assign a build date like that? I'm not sure I've ever had a build date (had like 5 build weeks).
My order has had like 4 different build dates at this point.

XxGearheadxX

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So usually you schedule to a build week... and then it schedules to a build Day.... but I have already been scheduled to a day and then had it slide a month. I think mid-September build weeks are super optimistic based on comments on here.... mine slid last week from 9/27 to 10/25..... and I think 10/25 might be the most realistic week I have gotten all along. But Ford could finally be trying to underpromise and overdeliver.... I guess time will tell.

Sponsored

onetong8r

Base
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, VW Beetle, Jeep TJ, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im in this group too. I have a VIN for a 2 door Base Sas 2.3 AMB. I think ive had 5 build weeks so far and my current is 9/13 but I know that will change. On the bright side, my wife and I were in a nearby town over the weekend and the Ford dealer up there had my exact build and options except the color as their loaner so I pulled a quick u turn and got to take a test drive. I love it šŸ˜Š It renewed my faith. The MIC top looked great on this one. I would have been happy with it.
Ford Bronco The Run Arounders (MIC, VIN, no date) 8CFC67CB-AABC-4405-A07E-2BEBBC4EAE97

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
read my sig. says it all for me.

Reactions: RHW

JoJowick

Black Diamond
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FollowingšŸ˜‰
This is my group! 6 schedule changes, current 9/13 production. Planning on a hella - end of November birthday present or some keys under the treešŸŽ„
Much luck to all!! 4 door BD 2.7 MIC

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 DR BD MT with a VIN.

pushed from July >August>September build dates.

No option but to wait. I would probably take a soft top if given the option, but that option is available.

Still excited and glad they are working to fix these issues. I plan on keeping this Bronco for a long time, so a few extra months on the front end isn't a big deal to me.

Bronco71

Badlands
First Name
Scottie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1979 F250 Ranger Lariat, 1980 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m a member of this group. Iā€™m not going to check with with dealer on new build date. Tired of FORD and their date run a round. First and second dates they gave me I got excited for. Just donā€™t believe anything they say anymore. Iā€™m first few hour res holder referred friends to make reservation months later. They got swag and no hammock for me. They canā€™t even get that right.
Sponsored