Sponsored

The Sams Club tire guy said... bigger tires will tear up my transfer case, transmission, engine, suspension, brakes

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Research your tires and wheels on Tirerack.com. They have great reviews, break each tire down into categories, compare them against similar tires. They show you the exact specs of each size.

They you can either buy them from Tirerack or Discounttiredirect.com Both companies will mount and balance and ship them for free. They you can put them on your car yourself.
Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you for all your support and business. As well for the positive stories, I am glad to hear our store is taking care of you all.

@Gnomad Unfortunately that is correct, our closest location would be down in Gaylord. If you are willing to make the trip, we would love to earn your business. Otherwise as it was mentioned we do offer free shipping and can send the product directly to you or a local shop.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No Discount tire locally here in the tip o' the mitt. We do have Belle Tire, but I've never used them so not sure how they are. The local shop I use is pretty good as long as the tire combo isn't actually dangerous or utterly stupid.
Belle Tire is good, or road trip to Traverse City

OP
OP
Gnomad

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you for all your support and business. As well for the positive stories, I am glad to hear our store is taking care of you all.

@Gnomad Unfortunately that is correct, our closest location would be down in Gaylord. If you are willing to make the trip, we would love to earn your business. Otherwise as it was mentioned we do offer free shipping and can send the product directly to you or a local shop.
Actually Gaylord isn't that far, we drive there for shopping and sometimes dinner at the Iron Pig.

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Corporate tire sellers don’t like aftermarket tire size changes. To much liability I guess. Costco told me the same thing for my wife’s Subaru when I wanted to go wider to help to avoid curb rash by the Mrs. I gave him a “comon, give me a break” he said sorry, that’s policy.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was a Walmart Auto Care Center Manager for years. We have certain things we will and won’t do. The tire size had to be on the vehicle or on the door sticker. We didn’t do anything sidewall 40 or less. Lastly, I wouldn’t touch military HMMWV tires. They are run-flat and don’t bead easily.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Tell them it's a Sasquatch.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My base is scheduled for production so now I'm earnestly working on the new tire situation. I love the look of the steelies but not the tires Ford puts on them. Since I'm already in Sams that day I head to the tire department to see what they have, the guy looks up the Bronco, tells me the stock tire size. I tell him I need 265's and of course he isn't going to put them on, but then he proceeds to tell me that going to a bigger tire will tear up my transfer case and transmission, my engine, the suspension, brakes, and render the vehicle unable to be driven safely.

I tell him not to bother any further with looking things up, and he keeps going. You'll never find a shop that will install those tires, the whole industry is going that way, and all the time he has my membership card and seems reluctant to give it back. I had to ask him directly for its return.

It's one thing to be told "we don't do that" I expected it TBH. But the hard sell put me off.
One last thing-I looked at the tire decal in the door jamb of the Wrangler and it lists 3 different tire sizes. Can someone with a base look at theirs and see what it lists? I'm thinking that any tire on that sticker should be a go at any tire shop, even a consumer grade Karen shop like Sams.
Costco will not put tires larger than what it shipped with due to their legal rules. I am sure Sams club is probably the same.

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My base is scheduled for production so now I'm earnestly working on the new tire situation. I love the look of the steelies but not the tires Ford puts on them. Since I'm already in Sams that day I head to the tire department to see what they have, the guy looks up the Bronco, tells me the stock tire size. I tell him I need 265's and of course he isn't going to put them on, but then he proceeds to tell me that going to a bigger tire will tear up my transfer case and transmission, my engine, the suspension, brakes, and render the vehicle unable to be driven safely.

I tell him not to bother any further with looking things up, and he keeps going. You'll never find a shop that will install those tires, the whole industry is going that way, and all the time he has my membership card and seems reluctant to give it back. I had to ask him directly for its return.

It's one thing to be told "we don't do that" I expected it TBH. But the hard sell put me off.
One last thing-I looked at the tire decal in the door jamb of the Wrangler and it lists 3 different tire sizes. Can someone with a base look at theirs and see what it lists? I'm thinking that any tire on that sticker should be a go at any tire shop, even a consumer grade Karen shop like Sams.
He doesn't know what he is talking about.........

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why is anyone going to Costco or Sam’s? @Discount Tire is on the forum with fantastic customer service, they price match like crazy and they install what you want without being a pain in the ass.

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The guy works at sams club is problem number 1. Problem number 2 is they don’t even sell 35s or similar tire sizes so I’m sure he will tell you whatever he thinks will get you to buy from him. Also since the bronco comes with 35s with the Sasquatch package, you can bet he is full of shit

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have some Aluminum BD take offs with general grabber tires for sale... ( south Florida)
I upgraded to SAS wheels and 35
I’m doing to same, can I use the same lug nuts and do I have to remove the crash bars?

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

It won't do any of those things. The Base Bronco has the same engine, transmission and transfer case as the other models. Sasquatch has the advanced transfer case which is more complicated and probably less robust. The problem is the effing lawyers, if they install tires that are not specified they can be liable in an accident. I wanted a body shop to pull out a bumper, they wouldn't do it for the same reason. The salesman shouldn't have been a jerk, he should have just said we can't do it. Don't blame the shop however, they are just protecting themselves from the scumbag money grabbers. I have a Base Bronco, and really dig the base wheels. I'm staying with the base tires for now, they are actually pretty big, just looks small compared to the giant tire you you usually see on Broncos.

Ford Bronco The Sams Club tire guy said... bigger tires will tear up my transfer case, transmission, engine, suspension, brakes IMG_20220711_092405261_HDR

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably wouldn’t have had an issue if you went to Costco. Jk
I would be very surprised if Costco will install anything other than specified tires. Lawyers Suck.
Sponsored