Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great post OP.

Bronco6g has an obvious influence on the development of things, to the point where it is referenced in articles or posts explaining changes or improvements being made. Even if the representation of the total reservation base is 10%, that is still a very good sample size worthy of representation. Considering that, someone in charge [reputable] of bronco6g should have some direct line of communication to someone on the Ford team, like they do over at Bronco Nation. It only makes sense that bronco6g should be allowed a Q&A or review of some sort.
Except that Ford pays Bronco Nation as their marketing company. Bronco6g is not a related entity and we don't have a conflict of interest, thus we can post content that's negative (if warranted) without reprisal.
Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its really hard to separate emotion from things sometimes, but if you can, you are listened to more often. I signed up on Bronco Nation, just to see if the general tone of the posts was better and more constructive in their approach. They were, but the population appears much smaller by a magnitude, and less informed possibly.

This forum has less name calling than many forums I peruse, but it does devolve into that at times among members, and certainly what I consider misplaced anger at Ford or its representatives that are trying to pass on info.

It is likely, they want hear from us, and are trying to adjust on the fly, those things they can. That being said, anyone is less likely to listen to someone, who spends their time calling them idiots, morons, slow, clueless, etc.

If you want more polished and far less info, log onto Ford Authority. Much more polished presentation. That being said, it also seems like less info.

I certainly was hoping for my Bronco before late summer, so I could ride off into retirement with it, but shit happens, and I will be riding off in the JKU until the Bronco arrives. I'm pretty sure, that problem is barely worth mentioning considering the hardships of so many right now.

Happy Holidays, keep it positive and they will listen.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me Bronco6G has been one of the high points for 2020 and I anticipate it will be for 2021 too.
I am a blueoval fan and am aggravated by some of the issues but I am also an optimist and think the issues will get worked out. I do think this forum is an important barometer for Ford and we have seen this fact in some of the communications that have come out. Happy new year

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you're being overly generous with a 25% drop rate. Any reservation from the first week was done with emotion (or passion if you prefer). This group is more likely to have an element that will flee to the next shiny thing because they are upset about one of the many changes since the reveal or they just got tired of waiting. We've seen a microcosm of this on B6G with the "I'm out" posts. I don't know what that final number will be, but I just can't see it being that low. The elephant in the room are people with multiple reservations or people who intended to sell their reservation. Those are just fluff waisting everyone's time.

Last edited:

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, here is a non complaining post:

Can Ford have their attorneys draw up a waiver of liability for us big boys and girls who are competent enough to operate a vehicle with both a manual transmission and a remote start?

Sponsored

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Happy New Year everyone! I joined the forum shortly after my 7/19 order and I have enjoyed following the forum. Some good advice and points made and I have asked a couple of questions that received helpful responses to help me shape my final rig. Hoping for a mid-year Bronco delivery and will continue to enjoy the forum. Stay safe everyone.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no way Ford planned for anything over 65-70% conversion rate. This is their business, they have at least a feeling for how this will go from start to finish.

Dealerships absolutely should be requiring a $1,000 deposit AT MINIMUM to hold an allocation, especially as Ford has not-so-subtly hinted that dealership-hate for those who aren't converting orders will be direct and substantial. Ford can't have even 5% of produced Broncos circumventing the reservation process and selling off the lot to a walk-in with those extra $10,000 on the hood in ADM. It would massively impact customer service and reputation.

FWIW, we had to put a $1,000 deposit down for our pre-order Ranger, and that was just to use one of their allocations, there wasn't even a back-log of orders as there will be with Bronco!
so much for trying to shift to a new sales model

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good post! But I'm going to have to get the Websters out for a couple of them words.:unsure:
Didn't you hear... you can only get that electronically now?!? (Sorry... couldn't pass that one up)

On the real note.. imagine what influence we could have if we focused on the actual info, features, and issues and stopped tearing apart every little aspect. I've been on the other side and there is a damned if you do, damned if you don't level that people reach and just stop providing info.

We complain about lack of info, and when we are given it, we get pages of complaints about the camera quality, the presenters age, or what they are wearing.

Maybe the reason Ford is delayed is because they have to spend so much wasted time reading 40 pages of posts that are moot.

Here's to 2021 .... the year we WILL see Broncos on the road!

Sponsored

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All of the following are rough estimates, they may not be exact, but they get the point across:
  • 200,000 Reservations, give or take, depending on the article you read.
  • 25% Initial fallout due to loss of interest, change of financial situation, etc. (my guesstimate)
  • 150,000 remaining active Reservations
  • 15,000 Bronco6g Members, approximately 10% of the active reservations.

From everything I've read, I like your numbers above as a guessimate.
Just spit balling here:
If you take into account how many B6G members & others have 2 reservations (1 waiting to drop out)
and
fallout could turnout to be higher among non B6G members (being a B6G member shows more commitment to Bronco than nonB6G reservation holders)
B6G might represent closer to 20% of active reservations.

If Ford isn't listening to our group they are missing the best representation of their Bronco customer base.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

On the real note.. imagine what influence we could have if we focused on the actual info, features, and issues and stopped tearing apart every little aspect. I've been on the other side and there is a damned if you do, damned if you don't level that people reach and just stop providing info.

Maybe the reason Ford is delayed is because they have to spend so much wasted time reading 40 pages of posts that are moot.
Good points, the challenge is that what may be a little aspect point to one person could be a major issue to someone else, and vice versa. Therein lies the crux of the problem, people complain about others because that item is not important to them.

Ford has been woefully lacking in communication ever since the reveal, to both customers and dealers, so it is difficult to comprehend them "and just stop providing info." Take this weeks B&P update video Bronco Nation released, it is LIMITED DISTRIBUTION ONLY, it can only be found on Bronco Nation and their Facebook account, not You Tube, not Twitter, not Instagram and certainly not in a mass email from Ford to all reservation holders.

And since we know Ford is a multi billion dollar company, we know they have many people and can do more than one thing at a time. They may have low level staff perusing the forums and to give a summary to their bosses. Maybe some of their marketing or project management types look as well. Regardless, they don't just grab every idea and say we have to slow production for this great new idea, clearly none of this is causing Ford's delays.

Last edited:

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would say this is my mid-life crisis, but I bought a Wrangler in early 2017, and traded it in on a challenger in late 2018. I guess you can never really know when you are going to die, so i decided to have a continuous mid-life crisis.
When my best friend turned 50, I said, "Welcome to middle age." She replied, "I won't turn middle age until I'm 62 and a half."

No one knows when the end will be, so continue to have as many mid-life crises as you want. I am. My Escape was my first mid-life crisis mobile. The Bronco, I hope, will be the next one.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this forum might be more responsible for altering the perception of pineapple pizza than actually influencing Ford to make any changes or decisions on the Bronco...
Sponsored