Sponsored

The sold my truck from underneath me. Now what?!

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's nothing they will do, other than ask him for the VIN and let him experience the tech support Off-Roadeo. That is a waste of time.

He would be far ahead of the game to find a Bronco with either the right configuration (or better) at MSRP (or lower) to purchase.

They are out there... If not, consider a Heritage Edition, as these are the best bang for the buck as far as features go.

I don’t think Ford can even do the $2,500. Ford cannot fix my $2,500 issue for canceling my order AND Ford has said that I am eligible for it.

Good luck buddy. I agree with trying to find a Bronco at MSRP that you can live with if you are hell bent on getting a Bronco.
EDIT: Seeing that it was a Badlands order, dump the sasquatch package, order with the high package and soft top (or find a similar build).

The one thing that Ford could do is to get your price protection and the $2500 non-sasquatch, non-hardtop, non-lux build credit. Between the cost of the sasquatch package on the Badlands and the $2500, along with the price protection, that could save you nearly $10k+.

You don't need 4.7's to run 35's and the factory wheels and tires certainly aren't worth $4k. The 4.46 is only a 5% difference in ratio compared to the 4.7. The lux package is over-rated other than the adaptive cruise control, but even that can be worked around.

BTW, I can understand if you don't want to compromise on the hardtop or lux package, but the sasquatch package on the Badlands is low value.
Sponsored

lukebach

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Summer 2020- I was stoked when the bronco was announced. I wasn’t a day 1 reservation guy, but after some time to mull it over, put on in late august or early September.
it was rad- just what a wanted. A hardtop badlands with the 2.7, Sasquatch and luxes out for the comforts of long trips.

Fast forward to 2023 after 3 total orders (2 to change year) I get the text. My truck is delivered and I can come pick it up. To my misfortune, I just left the country for work, 2 days before the text came through. I let the sales guy know I was out of the country and the exact day I would be back and at the dealership to get my bronco. He said he would have management call about the bronco “policy” to which I was ready for. The call didn’t happen because they were “too busy”. I was told they would reach out later, but never heard another word.

Fast forward one more time to today- I get to the dealer ship and am informed that my bronco was sold because I didn’t put down a deposit and that it’s a “misunderstanding”.

I’m pretty aggravated at the lack of communication. I could have made arrangements. What do I do now?

Here’s the text convo the salesman and I had about it.

65EA443D-C26D-4DDE-B3A5-6553533BB1DE.jpeg

5A76C357-BBA6-4DC0-A38D-E3D5E26148AB.jpeg

97CBACE7-FCE0-48CF-BF1A-5A8369944A81.jpeg

[/QUO
Summer 2020- I was stoked when the bronco was announced. I wasn’t a day 1 reservation guy, but after some time to mull it over, put on in late august or early September.
it was rad- just what a wanted. A hardtop badlands with the 2.7, Sasquatch and luxes out for the comforts of long trips.

Fast forward to 2023 after 3 total orders (2 to change year) I get the text. My truck is delivered and I can come pick it up. To my misfortune, I just left the country for work, 2 days before the text came through. I let the sales guy know I was out of the country and the exact day I would be back and at the dealership to get my bronco. He said he would have management call about the bronco “policy” to which I was ready for. The call didn’t happen because they were “too busy”. I was told they would reach out later, but never heard another word.

Fast forward one more time to today- I get to the dealer ship and am informed that my bronco was sold because I didn’t put down a deposit and that it’s a “misunderstanding”.

I’m pretty aggravated at the lack of communication. I could have made arrangements. What do I do now?

65EA443D-C26D-4DDE-B3A5-6553533BB1DE.jpeg

5A76C357-BBA6-4DC0-A38D-E3D5E26148AB.jpeg

97CBACE7-FCE0-48CF-BF1A-5A8369944A81.jpeg

They did the exact same thing to me just this week!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable. Can someone direct us to a contact at Ford to ensure this stops happening????!!!

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
They did the exact same thing to me just this week!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable. Can someone direct us to a contact at Ford to ensure this stops happening????!!!
It's been happening since the beginning, maybe 100 threads on something similar, Ford doesn't care.

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow...just wow. I am so sorry this happened. When my Bronco showed up, I was out of pocket for 3 days and told my sales rep I wouldn't be able to pick up until the end of the week. I started thinking, "what if they went ahead and sold it to someone that walks in the door?" I literally was losing sleep over it, but they didn't pull a fast one. Honored our deal and paid MSRP. Done deal.

I cannot believe you stated the dealer sold it to someone else because you didn't have a deposit made. WTF? You appeared to have been a reservation order, meaning you had to put at least $100 down. My dealership actually asked me to deposit another $900 (to make it an equal $1000) in order for them to better vet out customers that were truly interested in getting a Bronco, not just putting $100 on day 1 because they thought the launch was cool.

Did you get the $100 back, or any additional $$ you deposited? Assuming this is a 2023 Bronco that was built, did you reorder a few months ago and sign a COVP? Its a sheet of paper with your Bronco build, I had to put my full name, address and my dealership scanned a picture of my ID. To my understanding, that better locks in your order with them and makes it harder to go and flip it to someone else other than you. If you didn't do any paperwork, I am worried you might have been screwed here. Really sorry :(

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow...just wow. I am so sorry this happened. When my Bronco showed up, I was out of pocket for 3 days and told my sales rep I wouldn't be able to pick up until the end of the week. I started thinking, "what if they went ahead and sold it to someone that walks in the door?" I literally was losing sleep over it, but they didn't pull a fast one. Honored our deal and paid MSRP. Done deal.

I cannot believe you stated the dealer sold it to someone else because you didn't have a deposit made. WTF? You appeared to have been a reservation order, meaning you had to put at least $100 down. My dealership actually asked me to deposit another $900 (to make it an equal $1000) in order for them to better vet out customers that were truly interested in getting a Bronco, not just putting $100 on day 1 because they thought the launch was cool.

Did you get the $100 back, or any additional $$ you deposited? Assuming this is a 2023 Bronco that was built, did you reorder a few months ago and sign a COVP? Its a sheet of paper with your Bronco build, I had to put my full name, address and my dealership scanned a picture of my ID. To my understanding, that better locks in your order with them and makes it harder to go and flip it to someone else other than you. If you didn't do any paperwork, I am worried you might have been screwed here. Really sorry :(
Yep they way the OP was treated sucks. My dealer said they would want an additional $900 when it was "sent to the plant for build". The day I got a VIN I called them and paid the nine hundred, almost had to force them to take it, but slept well for the 7 more months until it showed up.

Sponsored

GeoBig

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 1974 MG Midget
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received an email from Ford saying that the Bronco was built and would be arriving at my dealership the first week of April. Wife and I go on vacation out-of-state. Next thing I know, I'm getting calls from the dealership (last Tuesday, day 2 of our trip) that the Bronco has arrived and I have 48 hours to come get it. I explain that we're in another state. He'll "see what he can do". After scrambling, we get them to agree to a March 25th pick up. Ok, we'll get everything done and head up there after my business trip this week (ending on Wednesday night the 22nd).

And then the punchline: After reading this thread and a couple others I go to their website on a hunch -- sure enough, there is my VIN, green window sticker and all, for sale.

I've been waiting for five days for them to send me my invoice/purchase agreement so that I can sign for my loan -- guessing now that they are playing games, and I'm going up there when they open tomorrow morning and then burning rubber down to the bank.

I'm guessing it's about a 50/50 I get the truck at this point. We'll see.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And then the punchline: After reading this thread and a couple others I go to their website on a hunch -- sure enough, there is my VIN, green window sticker and all, for sale.
I think the majority show on dealer sites even if ordered by a customer. Mine was on my dealer's site but if anyone called they were told it's pre-sold (had a buddy try just to be sure).

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Omg i wouldve lost my mind. Sorry,dealers are all scum. I dont care if somebody here had a good experience,there is somebody who that same salesman screwed over. Scum of earth.

GeoBig

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 1974 MG Midget
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the majority show on dealer sites even if ordered by a customer. Mine was on my dealer's site but if anyone called they were told it's pre-sold (had a buddy try just to be sure).
Wow, thanks for the information! We'll see what happens after talking with them tomorrow.

OP
OP

randyharlan

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla model 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received an email from Ford saying that the Bronco was built and would be arriving at my dealership the first week of April. Wife and I go on vacation out-of-state. Next thing I know, I'm getting calls from the dealership (last Tuesday, day 2 of our trip) that the Bronco has arrived and I have 48 hours to come get it. I explain that we're in another state. He'll "see what he can do". After scrambling, we get them to agree to a March 25th pick up. Ok, we'll get everything done and head up there after my business trip this week (ending on Wednesday night the 22nd).

I've been waiting for five days for them to send me my invoice/purchase agreement so that I can sign for my loan -- guessing now that they are playing games, and I'm going up there when they open tomorrow morning and then burning rubber down to the bank.

I'm guessing it's about a 50/50 I get the truck at this point. We'll see.
Hope your story ends up better than mine did.

Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Stealership sold my FE out from under me. Called Ford twice about it. Worth doing I guess, but won’t get you too much. Sorry it happened. I sympathize.

Bought a used one a year later. Loving it so far.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco The sold my truck from underneath me. Now what?! 3633E35A-8C0B-4FAF-90B6-1098AEAAFFC0

Ford Bronco The sold my truck from underneath me. Now what?! 3633E35A-8C0B-4FAF-90B6-1098AEAAFFC0

Ford Bronco The sold my truck from underneath me. Now what?! IMG_9004

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow dealership screws over customer. Shady dealership, customer shocked about treatment from dealer. Good grief this isn’t anything new. Find a honest place to do business with and move on.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would be talking to an attorney and get some severe compensation. I am so sorry to hear that. You can be guaranteed that they sold it out from under you!
No contract = ZERO
Sponsored