Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright... so based on my daily browsing of this forum, it is clear that the price protection system Ford has created for us is confusing both for customers and for dealers. So I'm going to attempt to help the situation and give clarity to it. Keep in mind this is intended for customers in the United States. Customers in Canada have their own program(s), but I don't know those details (apologies to our northern neighbors).

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

EDIT — A NOTE TO REGARDING 2023MY
As of today (Nov 4th, 2022) we are about a 1-2 weeks away from the beginning of 2023MY production. I want to stress that the information in this post is only valid for those taking delivery on a 2022MY Bronco, and is NOT valid for 2023MY Broncos. For details regarding the 2023MY Price Protection, check out this thread.

Generally speaking there are three price protection programs in play:
  • Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date (specifically the DORA date) and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there is a seperate program for those who get pushed to 2023MY (see the 2023MY Price Protection thread).
  • PGM#38446 - This program is effectively an addendum to the PGM#38406 to protect order holders from the 2022.5MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY.
IMPORTANT JULY 15th, 2022 UPDATE
On July 15th, Ford implemented their second round of price increases for the 2022MY—details here. As far as I know, PGM#38446 is still the correct program number, and covers both the March and the July price increases. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the March 2022 price increases, and Column C is the price protection money from the July 2022 price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. It will appear as a "private offer certificate". If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

Retail price protection is just Ford's standard for decades now and applies to all Ford vehicles with mid-year price increases—it is not specific to the Bronco. Your dealer will (or is supposed to) sell you the vehicle at the price the vehicle was listed at when the order was submitted and confirmed by Ford (in other words, the price on the DORA). Once Ford confirms the vehicle was sold to the original order holder, the dealer will be reimbursed by Ford with 30-60 days and the adjustment will appear on their Dealer Payment Statement.

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

Ford Bronco The Ultimate 2022MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart MY2022-PriceProtectionChart

Ford Bronco The Ultimate 2022MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart MY2022_Price_Protection_Flowchart

If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice effort, but there is a loop hole in the MY'21-->MY'22 PP for early reservation holders. Your first step (Everglades/Braptor) indicates that PP doesn't apply. And Ford has communicated such. But the restrictions on the Smart Vincent rebate for early reservation holders is that the buyer must take delivery of a MY'22 Bronco and the name of the buyer matches the name of the early reservation holder in which the certificate is listed under. That's it. So yes, while Ford publicly has stated that PP is eliminated for Everglades/Braptor, there is no such restriction on the use of the certificate. If the certificate exists (simple name search in Smart Vincent), then it can be applied to a MY'22 Bronco.

Note going forward for MY'23, I presume Ford will reissue the certificates in Smart Vincent that reflects the combined PP for MY'21-->MY'22 and PP for MY'22-->MY'22.5 for early reservation holders. They may or may not update the restrictions on the application of the certificate.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.
de-niro-very-good.gif

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice effort, but there is a loop hole in the MY'21-->MY'22 PP for early reservation holders. Your first step (Everglades/Braptor) indicates that PP doesn't apply. And Ford has communicated such. But the restrictions on the Smart Vincent rebate for early reservation holders is that the buyer must take delivery of a MY'22 Bronco and the name of the buyer matches the name of the early reservation holder in which the certificate is listed under. That's it. So yes, while Ford publicly has stated that PP is eliminated for Everglades/Braptor, there is no such restriction on the use of the certificate. If the certificate exists (simple name search in Smart Vincent), then it can be applied to a MY'22 Bronco.

Note going forward for MY'23, I presume Ford will reissue the certificates in Smart Vincent that reflects the combined PP for MY'21-->MY'22 and PP for MY'22-->MY'22.5 for early reservation holders. They may or may not update the restrictions on the application of the certificate.
The program was updated on Jan 12th, 2022 to specifically exclude the Braptor and Everglades.

So if they are still able to claim that certificate... that would be a loophole in Smart VINCENT, and the dealer is applying the certificate incorrectly, since the incentive program for MY'21 -> MY'22 PP clearly states that those vehicles are ineligible.

Ford Bronco The Ultimate 2022MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart 1654948895247

I don't think they would be able to claim the certificate on the Braptor anyway, since Braptors are entirely new orders not attached to the original reservation (the original order is 99'ed until the customer agrees to place the Braptor order I believe). But yeah... theoretically Everglades orders are still attached to that reservation, so if there is a loophole then there is a loophole. But that doesn't mean the dealers should walk through that loophole ;)

Sponsored

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright... so based on my daily browsing of this forum and Bronco Nation's forum, it is clear that the price protection system Ford has created for us is confusing both for customers and for dealers. So I'm going to attempt to help the situation and give clarity to it. Keep in mind this is intended for customers in the United States. Customers in Canada have their own program(s), but I don't know those details (apologies to our northern neighbors).

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

• Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there will be an updated 2023MY program at some point in the future for those who gets pushed or are holding out until 2023.
  • PGM#38446 - This program is effectively an addendum to the PGM#38406 to protect order holders from the 2022.5MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY.
Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the 2022.5MY price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

View attachment 338484

View attachment 338491
This is so easy to understand Im sure Ford Dealers wont understand it!!!!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The program was updated on Jan 12th, 2022 to specifically exclude the Braptor and Everglades.

So if they are still able to claim that certificate... that would be a loophole in Smart VINCENT, and the dealer is applying the certificate incorrectly, since the incentive program for MY'21 -> MY'22 PP clearly states that those vehicles are ineligible.

Ford Bronco The Ultimate 2022MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart 1654948895247

I don't think they would be able to claim the certificate on the Braptor anyway, since Braptors are entirely new orders not attached to the original reservation (the original order is 99'ed until the customer agrees to place the Braptor order I believe). But yeah... theoretically Everglades orders are still attached to that reservation, so if there is a loophole then there is a loophole. But that doesn't mean the dealers should walk through that loophole ;)
I agree that dealers shouldn't necessarily walk through that loophole. But the loophole exists and not just applied to the Everglades/Braptor. As long as the name matches and the Bronco is a MY'22, then the certificate can be applied. For example, my current Bronco shouldn't have qualified for PP as it was a brand new order for MY'22. But only because my original reservation is in allocation purgatory with Granger, the certificate exists in the system and will continue to trigger a certificate as long as Ford extends PP for future MY(s).

An early reservation holder where a certificate exists can apply that certificate to a MY'22 Bronco even if it isn't ordered.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that dealers shouldn't necessarily walk through that loophole. But the loophole exists and not just applied to the Everglades/Braptor. As long as the name matches and the Bronco is a MY'22, then the certificate can be applied. For example, my current Bronco shouldn't have qualified for PP as it was a brand new order for MY'22. But only because my original reservation is in allocation purgatory with Granger, the certificate exists in the system and will continue to trigger a certificate as long as Ford extends PP for future MY(s).

An early reservation holder where a certificate exists can apply that certificate to a MY'22 Bronco even if it isn't ordered.
Actually this brings up a good point which needs to be explained…

The early reservation price protection program is applied to your name as a reservation holder and NOT a specific order. So if you found a brand new Bronco on the lot and you were tired of waiting for your order, you could apply that early reservation price protection to that on-lot vehicle, which is perfectly valid within the constraints of the program. May be hard to find a dealer who is willing to do that, but it can be done obviously. You can’t double-dip though, once you use that certificate you can’t use it again with your original order.

The retail price protection, however, is attached to your name and that specific order.

Last edited:

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for putting this together. Very much appreciated.

I hope when MY21 & MY22 folks have to reorder a MY23 that it's simply an additional dollar column you add of price protection. I have a feeling that those of us who didn't order by March 19, 2021 aren't going to keep price protection. I hope I'm wrong. We will be cancelling if we have to pay MY23 prices.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for putting this together. Very much appreciated.

I hope when MY21 & MY22 folks have to reorder a MY23 that it's simply an additional dollar column you add of price protection. I have a feeling that those of us who didn't order by March 19, 2021 aren't going to keep price protection. I hope I'm wrong. We will be cancelling if we have to pay MY23 prices.
Unless you had a reservation before 3/20/21 and ordered on or after that date, Ford's clearly stated policy is that you get no price protection beyond mid year increases for 2022 and that those go away if you do not get a 2022MY, there is no 'feeling' to be had, Ford has stated explicitly that you will pay 2023 pricing if you do not get a 2022MY with your order date (again, if you did not have a reservation prior to 3/20/21)

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actually this brings up a good point which needs to be explained…

The early reservation price protection program is applied to your name as a reservation holder and NOT a specific order. So if you found a brand new Bronco on the lot and you were tired of waiting for your order, you could apply that early reservation price protection to that on-lot vehicle, which is perfectly valid within the constraints of the program. May be hard to find a dealer who is willing to do that, but it can be done obviously. You can’t double-dip though, once you use that certificate you can’t use it again with your original order.

The retail price protection, however, is attached to your name and that specific order.
Once the certificate is used, it can't be used again for that given MY. Ford doesn't purge your original reservation/order. If PP is extended for future MY(s), Ford will look at the original reservation/order and determine the appropriate value to attach to future certificates. So long as Ford is unable to build/deliver the original reservation/order, that order will continue to remain on the books triggering future PP certificates so long as Ford extends PP.

For those early reservations holders who are in allocation purgatory, they are placed in that purgatory as a result of Ford's actions not the fault of the buyer. They can continue to use PP for new orders and/or sales as long as restrictions aren't placed on the certificate use beyond the name match and MY Bronco for the given MY. When Ford does get around to fulfilling the original reservation/order, as long as there is a new certificate for the given year, it can be used no matter if the buyer bought a Bronco a year before with a prior certificate.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you're the man @RagnarKon. Even as many times as I've looked at price protection I was wrong and you corrected me the other day. I'm actually saving $500 more than I thought I was.

@Administrator this thread needs to be stickied. It's so easy to understand.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once the certificate is used, it can't be used again for that given MY. Ford doesn't purge your original reservation/order. If PP is extended for future MY(s), Ford will look at the original reservation/order and determine the appropriate value to attach to future certificates. So long as Ford is unable to build/deliver the original reservation/order, that order will continue to remain on the books triggering future PP certificates so long as Ford extends PP.

For those early reservations holders who are in allocation purgatory, they are placed in that purgatory as a result of Ford's actions not the fault of the buyer. They can continue to use PP for new orders and/or sales as long as restrictions aren't placed on the certificate use beyond the name match and MY Bronco for the given MY. When Ford does get around to fulfilling the original reservation/order, as long as there is a new certificate for the given year, it can be used no matter if the buyer bought a Bronco a year before with a prior certificate.
Yup.

Could always change if Ford decides to take a different approach (which they may), but I doubt it. I think the worst that could happen is you’ll lose that first 2021MY price protection since it’s already been utilized, but you will retain any future protections. I don’t know if they’ve said if they are going to outright cancel the current certificates and reissue new ones, or if they are just going to pile on top.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright... so based on my daily browsing of this forum, it is clear that the price protection system Ford has created for us is confusing both for customers and for dealers. So I'm going to attempt to help the situation and give clarity to it. Keep in mind this is intended for customers in the United States. Customers in Canada have their own program(s), but I don't know those details (apologies to our northern neighbors).

• Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there will be an updated 2023MY program at some point in the future for those who gets pushed or are holding out until 2023.
Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the 2022.5MY price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

View attachment 338484

View attachment 338491
Wow, that must have taken hours to compile.

Placed my original "No Reservation" order 10-31-21

I went the K.I.S.S. route, before placing my order I confirmed in writing the bottom line price I would be paying and that my dealer had allocation available.

It is MSRP at what was the current FoMoCo pricing at the time of order. "Price Level 215" (21.5 MY)

I recently made a couple of changes to my order and pre-qualified the changes would not change my pricing from PL215 in writing with a new DORA signed by the sales manager.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup.

Could always change if Ford decides to take a different approach (which they may), but I doubt it. I think the worst that could happen is you’ll lose that first 2021MY price protection since it’s already been utilized, but you will retain any future protections. I don’t know if they’ve said if they are going to outright cancel the current certificates and reissue new ones, or if they are just going to pile on top.
The current certificates expire and are only valid for MY'22. When J1 for MY'23 begins, then the old certs will expire (purged from Smart Vincent) and new certs will be issued.

What makes the current PP so confusing is the MY'22--MY'22.5 and how it is redeemed. There is no certificate in the Smart Vincent system. It is handled by Ford once the sale is completed and credited back to the dealer if applicable. At which time the dealer should credit the buyer. That process can take up to 45 days. But some dealers are applying the credit at the time of sale and trusting Ford to balance their books later. This discrepancy is why there is so much confusion.

I presume for MY'23, the new certs will have one amount reflective of the value that each order holder is entitled to. That will then be applied to MY'23 sales with a simple name search. But of course, I'm sure it will be further compounded by a MY'23 --> MY'23.5 price protection.

The best course of action is for Ford to undue this pile of yarn that they made by committing to build original early reservation orders to get them off the books and not constrain themselves with adhering to their allocation system.
Sponsored