Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ended up filing a complaint with Ford Customer Service against the dealer as they agreed I have retail price protection. Will update if this is an effective way as my Bronco comes by end of the week
My dealer told me they will provide the sale price based on my order sheet. I am getting the retail order price protection. I ordered Jan 22.
Sponsored

Scomi21

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru Forester, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer told me they will provide the sale price based on my order sheet. I am getting the retail order price protection. I ordered Jan 22.
Yeah I’ve escalated my heart out. The complaint appears to be working as everyone magically understands now. I.e. GM and Zone Rep

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I’ve escalated my heart out. The complaint appears to be working as everyone magically understands now. I.e. GM and Zone Rep
If you watch @FordVideoGuy he says this is a typical Ford thing they have been doing for years for when prices go up after customer places an order, not just for Broncos. They know. They’re just playing dumb, it’s so sad. Is $2k worth burning a customer and all the stories he’ll tell? I just don’t understand how this works for them in the end. It would be better if they just were honest and told you they are keeping the rebate from FoMoCo.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you watch @FordVideoGuy he says this is a typical Ford thing they have been doing for years for when prices go up after customer places an order, not just for Broncos. They know. They’re just playing dumb, it’s so sad. Is $2k worth burning a customer and all the stories he’ll tell? I just don’t understand how this works for them in the end. It would be better if they just were honest and told you they are keeping the rebate from FoMoCo.
Yeah, it's honestly dumb. In my opinion, Ford needs to have dealers go through mandatory training or something before they're allowed to sell retail vehicles. Many dealers are great, but there are tons of dealers out there that just reek of ineptitude. The fact that I even had to make this post should tell Ford that they have a problem they need to address.

In my experience there is one or two people at any particular dealer that know—they've worked at the dealer forever and the know Ford inside and out. Those are usually the sales managers.

The "rank and file" salespeople... for whatever stupid reason... often don't know. It made sense earlier this spring—mid-year price increases are not that common, so I could see someone who is relatively new to selling Ford vehicles having no idea about retail price protection. But Ford raised prices on just about every single vehicle late winter in Jan/Feb/Mar, and it's now nearly 6 months later. If they STILL don't know at this point, they're just playing dumb and keeping the rebate, or they haven't sold any retail vehicles in the past 6 months and they're (probably) on the verge of bankruptcy.

Scomi21

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru Forester, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, it's honestly dumb. In my opinion, Ford needs to have dealers go through mandatory training or something before they're allowed to sell retail vehicles. Many dealers are great, but there are tons of dealers out there that just reek of ineptitude. The fact that I even had to make this post should tell Ford that they have a problem they need to address.

In my experience there is one or two people at any particular dealer that know—they've worked at the dealer forever and the know Ford inside and out. Those are usually the sales managers.

The "rank and file" salespeople... for whatever stupid reason... often don't know. It made sense earlier this spring—mid-year price increases are not that common, so I could see someone who is relatively new to selling Ford vehicles having no idea about retail price protection. But Ford raised prices on just about every single vehicle late winter in Jan/Feb/Mar, and it's now nearly 6 months later. If they STILL don't know at this point, they're just playing dumb and keeping the rebate, or they haven't sold any retail vehicles in the past 6 months and they're (probably) on the verge of bankruptcy.
My dealer has been playing dumb or just doesn’t know. They claim the zone rep said I’m ineligible and I sat them down and showed them the ford bronco order faq page and made them send screenshots back to the zone rep. I also filed a complaint and that day I received a call back from the GM saying the zone rep changed their stance etc

Sponsored

solarbound27

Badlands
First Name
Taj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (Non-Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know - if we pull our order from the "production wait list" and add a few small items (i.e., roof rack, SS, change color, etc.), would we lose our price protection?
I've been waiting since Sept of 2020...and changed my order (emitted the roof rack, SS) in hopes of getting a build date sooner, but no luck. I've been bumped each week for two months now...and I've become numb to it. So, now I just want to "re-add" all the items I pulled...but don't want to lose the price protection by doing so. Any insight would be appreciated.

BobB728

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@fordmotorcompany
Maybe to simple? Don’t change price till after NOV 21 COVP ENDS!

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update on my wait for retail protection…(ordered base April 2021, changed to base SAS when available Oct 2021, delivered 6/29/22) After a couple months of fighting, my dealer finally admitted I get some retail protection. They are saying it is only $574 rather than the $1600 base increase from MY22-MY22.5 and I was just wondering if anyone can explain where that number might have come from.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it was posted somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it at the moment.
On the Ford Bronco FAQ page it says:
  • Providing up to $1,100 worth of FordPass® Rewards points (eligibility based on customer’s order as of March 19, 2021) to use towards accessory purchases, like the fold-out tray table, door bags, roof racks, or some off-road lights. The full Bronco accessory catalog can be viewed on the Ford Accessories website.
Well, I contacted a Rewards agent and you won't believe it! I'm not 'eligible' for any extra rewards points even though I'm an early order holder...

So no price protection for me and also no extra rewards points, either.

Ford is really pissing me off at this point.

Last edited:

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it was posted somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it at the moment.
  • Providing up to $1,100 worth of FordPass® Rewards points (eligibility based on customer’s order as of March 19, 2021) to use towards accessory purchases, like the fold-out tray table, door bags, roof racks, or some off-road lights. The full Bronco accessory catalog can be viewed on the Ford Accessories website.
Well, I contacted a Rewards agent and you won't believe it! I'm not 'eligible' for any extra rewards points even though I'm an early order holder...

This whole thing has been handled horribly by the dealers. And Ford doesn’t have anyone you can really escalate to because each dealer is “independently owned and operated”. I’m actually surprised no one has called an attorney about making dealers and Ford keep promises by legal means.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-pass-rewards.31948/#post-1072736

In case you are curious about who is eligible for the points.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For one person to sue would be pricey but there’s so many waiting that I was thinking more class action lawsuit which some lawyer I’m sure could find a loophole. Those guys have sued for less of a reason.

I can barely remember what I read previous day much less what I read when I placed the order but like I said some lawyer can find a loophole. Ford did take deposit no matter the amount even though there’s no guarantee of delivery the deposit was taken in good faith for a reason.
This may have been addressed.

I think what we would need is an attorney's office that wanted to take the work for publicity sake, maybe they got burned too, one that is really good at social media and negative PR. The idea would be to get enough buyers together that their testimonies sway the "courts of public opinion" and puts pressure on Ford to do the right thing regarding building all '20 reservations first and regarding prices on all of '21 reservations that ordered on the MY21 B&P, before they retro active the PP cutoff date.

The lawsuit would only have to last as long in the courts, as it takes to get the poor PR and social media pressure going; than let bad press and public opinion be how the fight is taken to Ford.

But unfortunately no real chance in the courts, not a big enough issue to be swayed legally, but social media and bad PR... Err, maybe? But I doubt it, $2,000 plus times a few thousand of us is millions and it would take a lot of bad press for a corp to give up millions because of some bad social media.

Last edited:

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, we would need that X-mas lawyer I saw on a documentary once. That guy was a real A-hole and would not let it go.

I think what we would need is an attorney's office that wanted to take the work for publicity sake, maybe they got burned too, one that is really good at social media and negative PR. The idea would be to get enough buyers together that their testimonies sway the "courts of public opinion" and puts pressure on Ford to do the right thing regarding building all '20 reservations first and regarding prices on all of '21 reservations that ordered on the MY21 B&P, before they retro active the PP cutoff date.

The lawsuit would only have to last as long in the courts, as it takes to get the poor PR and social media pressure going; than let bad press and public opinion be how the fight is taken to Ford.

But unfortunately no real chance in the courts, not a big enough issue to be swayed legally, but social media and bad PR... Err, maybe? But I doubt it, $2,000 plus times a few thousand of us is millions and it would take a lot of bad press for a corp to give up millions because of some bad social media.

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base

Definitely not worth the time and money to go that route, but people do dumb things all the time. I’m still waiting to see if my dealer and zone rep will honor what I was originally promised or if I’ll need to make good use of all the review requests I keep getting from my dealer…

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes you have retail price protection (columns B and C on my original post) as long as you are delivered a model year 2022 Bronco.

If you get bumped to a 2023MY Bronco... we don't know yet. Ford hasn't said.
Well I got my window sticker and I asked my dealer about price protection, now waiting for reply, but I find it very unsettling not knowing.

My friend who ordered a jeep was treated very nicely, no surprises. I wish for same from my Ford dealer on my bronco order!
Sponsored