First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you had a reservation before 3/20/21 and ordered on or after that date, Ford's clearly stated policy is that you get no price protection beyond mid year increases for 2022 and that those go away if you do not get a 2022MY, there is no 'feeling' to be had, Ford has stated explicitly that you will pay 2023 pricing if you do not get a 2022MY with your order date (again, if you did not have a reservation prior to 3/20/21)
I understand what they stated explicitly. Ford could change it when we are forced to reorder a MY23. If they don't then we're out.
Sponsored

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright... so based on my daily browsing of this forum, it is clear that the price protection system Ford has created for us is confusing both for customers and for dealers. So I'm going to attempt to help the situation and give clarity to it. Keep in mind this is intended for customers in the United States. Customers in Canada have their own program(s), but I don't know those details (apologies to our northern neighbors).

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

Generally speaking there are three price protection programs in play:
  • Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there will be an updated 2023MY program at some point in the future for those who gets pushed or are holding out until 2023.
  • PGM#38446 - This program is effectively an addendum to the PGM#38406 to protect order holders from the 2022.5MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY.
Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the 2022.5MY price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

View attachment 338484

View attachment 338491
If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
Thank you for the chart. Super helpful. I placed my order during nov 2021(no reservation) so I qualify for price protection from mid cycle price increase. My dealer is saying he will invoice me the prevailing price (after price increase)Ford will mail check to my house for the difference. He checked with his manager and he says VINCENT is not the way , but Ford is directly issuing check. Is he trying take me for a ride?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for the chart. Super helpful. I placed my order during nov 2021(no reservation) so I qualify for price protection from mid cycle price increase. My dealer is saying he will invoice me the prevailing price (after price increase)Ford will mail check to my house for the difference. He checked with his manager and he says VINCENT is not the way , but Ford is directly issuing check. Is he trying take me for a ride?
No. He is right (sort of). The Mid Year price increase will be credited back to the dealer (can take up to 45 days). It is up to them to issue a check to you. Ford will NOT be issuing a check to you. For the Mid Year price increase, there is no certificate in Smart Vincent.

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. He is right (sort of). The Mid Year price increase will be credited back to the dealer (can take up to 45 days). It is up to them to issue a check to you. Ford will NOT be issuing a check to you. For the Mid Year price increase, there is no certificate in Smart Vincent.
thank you. So I will end up paying higher taxes because invoicing is based on higher price. Now what the dealer saying said about Ford mailing a check to me is not true.
is there any reason why dealer won’t invoice me with the older price instead of making me jump through hoops?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is correct.

thank you. So I will end up paying higher taxes because invoicing is based on higher price. Now what the dealer saying said about Ford mailing a check to me is not true.
is there any reason why dealer won’t invoice me with the older price instead of making me jump through hoops?
It’s dealer preference. I will say that most dealers will give you the retail protected price up front and eat the extra cost until Ford reimburses them when they get their pricing statements, holdbacks, etc. I’ve actually never dealt with a dealer that doesn’t do retail price protection this way—as it is easier than having to track sold vehicles, track customers that need reimbursement, answering emails/phone calls from annoyed customers asking where their check is, actually sending out checks, etc.

But… there are thousands of dealerships and I’ve only directly dealt with maybe a dozen of them.

Edit: In order for Ford to reimburse the dealer for mid-year price protection the vehicle needs to be verified as sold to the original order holder. My guess is the dealer get screwed over in the past for some reason (probably a mistake on their end) so they have a new policy to only provide reimbursements after they get approval from Ford.

Last edited:

Sponsored

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is correct.

It’s dealer preference. I will say that most dealers will give you the retail protected price up front and eat the extra cost until Ford reimburses them when they get their pricing statements, holdbacks, etc. I’ve actually never dealt with a dealer that doesn’t do retail price protection this way—as it is easier than having to track sold vehicles, track customers that need reimbursement, answering emails/phone calls from annoyed customers asking where their check is, actually sending out checks, etc.

But… there are thousands of dealerships and I’ve only directly dealt with maybe a dozen of them.

Edit: In order for Ford to reimburse the dealer for mid-year price protection the vehicle needs to be verified as sold to the original order holder. My guess is the dealer get screwed over in the past for some reason (probably a mistake on their end) so they have a new policy to only provide reimbursements after they get approval from Ford.
Thank you. I will need to push him to invoice me with old price and get the reimbursement. Not sure if it will work.
So much of pain to deal with these. This happens to be one of biggest in the country- still the same.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before I made my recent changes, I pre-qualified with dealership I would only make them if price was unchanged.

The DORA populated with the MY22.5 price increase.

Sales manager signed an amended DORA at original MY21.5 price noted "Price Protected" and I was not affected by the current new order price increases.

This entire transaction has been backed by email to eliminate any misunderstanding at the closing table.

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before I made my recent changes, I pre-qualified with dealership I would only make them if price was unchanged.

The DORA populated with the MY22.5 price increase.

Sales manager signed an amended DORA at original MY21.5 price noted "Price Protected" and I was not affected by the current new order price increases.

This entire transaction has been backed by email to eliminate any misunderstanding at the closing table.
I didn’t make any changes, so there was no need for me to do. I have the Dora sheet with old price.
Vehicle is almost ready to be delivered. It is shipped from plant. I asked him out of door price for financing and then all these started.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t make any changes, so there was no need for me to do. I have the Dora sheet with old price.
Vehicle is almost ready to be delivered. It is shipped from plant. I asked him out of door price for financing and then all these started.
I got the "bottom line" MSRP ++ price in writing signed by dealership from the beginning.

Really happy that the wait is almost over for your Bronco.

It's unimaginable that you could randomly meet a gal, fall in love, get married and have a baby faster than you can order and receive a Bronco.

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the "bottom line" MSRP ++ price in writing signed by dealership from the beginning.

Really happy that the wait is almost over for your Bronco.

It's unimaginable that you could randomly meet a gal, fall in love, get married and have a baby faster than you can order and receive a Bronco.
True

Sponsored

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sure folks that converted a reservation to an order noticed that the date you converted (placed) your order is not the same date that shows as your order date on your Ford account under Reservations, Orders and Purchases.

In my instance I had an 8/29/20 reservation which I converted to (placed)an order on 10/27/21 and my Ford account is showing my order date as 2/15/21.

My question is....... on the flow chart where it says "did you place an order before Oct. 1st" do I
use the 10/27 or 2/15/21 for my answer or does it even matter?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure folks that converted a reservation to an order noticed that the date you converted (placed) your order is not the same date that shows as your order date on your Ford account under Reservations, Orders and Purchases.

In my instance I had an 8/29/20 reservation which I converted to (placed)an order on 10/27/21 and my Ford account is showing my order date as 2/15/21.

My question is....... on the flow chart where it says "did you place an order before Oct. 1st" do I
use the 10/27 or 2/15/21 for my answer or does it even matter?
Heh... interesting. The date on my account is correct and is the date I was at the dealer initially placing my order.

But if the date on Ford's website is either incorrect (wouldn't be the first time Ford's website was wrong) then you would use the 10/27 date. If it's correct and your dealer placed an order anyway without your input, then you would use the 2/15 date.

Obviously the big question is if your dealer placed an order or not. But assuming they placed an order that matches what you reserved, and the order you placed on 10/27 also matches the trim / number of doors you reserved... then all of this is a mute point.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where is this Bronco Temple? It beckons!

Screenshot_20220613-123313_Chrome.jpg

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

here’s a short video that explains it as well

Shark1247

Badlands
First Name
Kelly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright... so based on my daily browsing of this forum, it is clear that the price protection system Ford has created for us is confusing both for customers and for dealers. So I'm going to attempt to help the situation and give clarity to it. Keep in mind this is intended for customers in the United States. Customers in Canada have their own program(s), but I don't know those details (apologies to our northern neighbors).

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

Generally speaking there are three price protection programs in play:
  • Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there will be an updated 2023MY program at some point in the future for those who gets pushed or are holding out until 2023.
  • PGM#38446 - This program is effectively an addendum to the PGM#38406 to protect order holders from the 2022.5MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY.
Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the 2022.5MY price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

View attachment 338484

View attachment 338491
If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
Is the very first Yes /No directions reversed. Order should mean price protection. No means no price protection. ??
Sponsored