First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I am a non reservation holder. I walked in and ordered a 22 MY on 12/21/21. My broncos blend date is next week and I just got my window sticker and it shows an increase from the paperwork I signed at the dealership when I ordered.
I haven't made any changes and the price base price is increased 1750.00
Sponsored

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you ordered after March 21, you won’t get the first certificate. If you don’t get a 2022, the next two certificates don’t matter. You should wait and see what is announced for a 2022 to 2023 conversion. I don’t know what else you are reading that would help your 2023 order.
Ford's own FAQ on MY2023 states you have some form of price protection if ordered prior to 3/11/2022. I would imagine it will be a new certificate per order. It looks like we will have to wait 2 months to see it actually in action.

quico_c

Badlands
First Name
Quico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
July 21, 2020 reserved
Feb 2nd, 2021 ordered
October XX, 2021 re-ordered the 2022

Taking delivery today and they could only find the 825. I changed my tech package to a HIGH after the March date. Was hoping to get the $1750 but the dealer is saying that Ford should’ve mailed me a certificate. Keeping up with this forum I have never read about Ford mailing I a cert for the 22.5 addendum. Is this true?

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
July 21, 2020 reserved
Feb 2nd, 2021 ordered
October XX, 2021 re-ordered the 2022

Taking delivery today and they could only find the 825. I changed my tech package to a HIGH after the March date. Was hoping to get the $1750 but the dealer is saying that Ford should’ve mailed me a certificate. Keeping up with this forum I have never read about Ford mailing I a cert for the 22.5 addendum. Is this true?
No, the dealerships are supposed to receive a reimbursement check from Ford 30-60 days after the sale. The dealership should either be giving it to customers upfront or some are waiting until they receive after the sale, then cutting a check to the customer. That's how its been explained to me by a couple of folks at Ford corporate. I have never hear anyone receiving something in the mail DIRECTLY from Ford. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong here...

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just heard that ALL existing orders or those with reservations that were pushed to MY 2023 qualify for special pricing which is essentially the price of the vehicle at the order date/reservation date.
To get this pricing you MUST TALK TO YOUR DEALER, make your 2023 selections, and ford will give you a private offer based on the cost of that configuration at your order date. This is big news as it implies you may be able to change your configuration, say go from Badlands to Wildtrack, and pay the Wildtrack price based on your order date, rather than the current MSRP.
IF YOU HAVE AN ORDER AND HAVE BEEN PUSHED TO MY23, GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR DEALER.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just heard that ALL existing orders or those with reservations that were pushed to MY 2023 qualify for special pricing
This isn't exactly breaking news, Ford stated early this year that price protection will extend into MY23 and there is more info available on the Ford faq with more coming.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This isn't exactly breaking news, Ford stated early this year that price protection will extend into MY23 and there is more info available on the Ford faq with more coming.
What's different here and I hadn't heard before is that it isn't actually priced protection. Price protection is a standard mechanism within the ford system. This sounds more like guaranteed policy decisions that Ford is willing to make. Also, past ford price protection had limits on changes you could make. According to the dealer in that video, you can order whatever you want and you will pay the price of that configuration from your order date. That could be big for some.

His example was you ordered a badlands in 2021, are now stuck in 2023, you could change your order to a wildtrack and you would get the wildtrack price from 2021.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I am a non reservation holder. I walked in and ordered a 22 MY on 12/21/21. My broncos blend date is next week and I just got my window sticker and it shows an increase from the paperwork I signed at the dealership when I ordered.
My understanding is that is what the price protection is for. Mine came in showing the current MSRP on the sticker. Price protection knocked $2000 off putting it back to the MSRP at the time of order.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright... so based on my daily browsing of this forum, it is clear that the price protection system Ford has created for us is confusing both for customers and for dealers. So I'm going to attempt to help the situation and give clarity to it. Keep in mind this is intended for customers in the United States. Customers in Canada have their own program(s), but I don't know those details (apologies to our northern neighbors).

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

Generally speaking there are three price protection programs in play:
  • Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there will be an updated 2023MY program at some point in the future for those who gets pushed or are holding out until 2023.
  • PGM#38446 - This program is effectively an addendum to the PGM#38406 to protect order holders from the 2022.5MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY.
IMPORTANT JULY 15th, 2022 UPDATE
On July 15th, Ford implemented their second round of price increases for the 2022MY—details here. As far as I know, PGM#38446 is still the correct program number, and covers both the March and the July price increases. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the March 2022 price increases, and Column C is the price protection money from the July 2022 price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. It will appear as a "private offer certificate". If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

Retail price protection is just Ford's standard for decades now and applies to all Ford vehicles with mid-year price increases—it is not specific to the Bronco. Your dealer will (or is supposed to) sell you the vehicle at the price the vehicle was listed at when the order was submitted and confirmed by Ford. Once Ford confirms the vehicle was sold to the original order holder, the dealer will be reimbursed by Ford with 30-60 days and the adjustment will appear on their Dealer Payment Statement.

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

MY2022-PriceProtectionChart.jpg

MY2022_Price_Protection_Flowchart.png

If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
@RagnarKon ,

Can not thank you enough for this!
Walked into the dealership yesterday armed with your tables, flow chart, and explanations of the process.

Guy just looked at me and blinked when we got to that part of the conversation while talking price, “I’ll be right back.”
Ten minutes later I’ve got the original MSRP when ordered with no ADM. No deposit, no signed agreement. Granted, credit goes to the dealer as well for standing by their original word but I believe having this info handy made it easy for them to do it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

His example was you ordered a badlands in 2021, are now stuck in 2023, you could change your order to a wildtrack and you would get the wildtrack price from 2021.

I find this example hard to believe as the
Wildtrak has added Hoss 3.0. If they give me a Wildtrak with Hoss 3.0 for the 2021 price, I will switch from the Badlands.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I find this example hard to believe as the
Wildtrak has added Hoss 3.0. If they give me a Wildtrak with Hoss 3.0 for the 2021 price, I will switch from the Badlands.
What they would do is give you the same MSRP price for the 2021 Wildtrack. Then they may add extra things added to that series. I.e. there may be an added price for the Hoss 3.0, but that alone would be added to the price.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to add, they will not give you a certificate and $$ amount until your VIN is generated because changes can be made up until that point. It is all based on the final build.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is awesome news! I was not happy about missing out on full PP due to being just after Marc 19, 2021. Now, it reads that my May 2021 order should be the price at the time of order which was $28,500, however since they changed to MY22 pricing in July after but announced the PP as march 19th I it looks like I'll be paying MY22 price which was an $800 increase $29,300 (chart above says this), still a lot better than $33,000!

A lot better, we'll see, my dealer did say we'd get a "private offer".

Sasquatch wasn't an option on manuals until MY22, what was the cost then to add?

Last edited:

RichardB

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My understanding is that is what the price protection is for. Mine came in showing the current MSRP on the sticker. Price protection knocked $2000 off putting it back to the MSRP at the time of order.
Thank you. My dealer is being super shady. Claims they havnt heard anything from Ford concerning "Price Protection" for 2022 yet.... 🙄

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you. My dealer is being super shady. Claims they havnt heard anything from Ford concerning "Price Protection" for 2022 yet.... 🙄
If Ford follows through on this, you should be able to contact them after VIN creation to get your $$ amount and cert number so the dealer can't pull a fast one on you. Unfortunately, an unknowing customer not following any of this can still get hosed by a shady dealer.

All of this recent info in this thread is sort of posted in the wrong section as this is for '22 PP.
Sponsored