EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would welcome some clarification from those who understand this.

reservation august 8/28/2020
1st order 1/28/21
2nd order 11/2/21
took delivery in may 22

I never had any major changes. Engine, trim, or package… I basically just dropped tow.

what price protection should I have received? Thanks.
I believe, don't know for sure, and I'm probably wrong, but...

Your dealer would have needed click to "protection date" on smart vincent and entered the order date, not the date of the actual sale/delivery date.

I ordered 11/05/21 and today took delivery. My dealer used "protection date" and we'll see what happens!!

They didn't seem to know about the protection date option on the smart vincent but seemed genuine about it. Smaller dealership, maybe bigger dealer would see more of that?
Sponsored

Ghiaguy0

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f150 Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer just informed me that they will not be giving me my price protection based on I sold the vehicle. However I traded it in for another Bronco. Has anyone had luck with getting dealers to honor price protections. What alternatives do I have. Some have said small claims court since I have it in writing that they would honor the price

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer just informed me that they will not be giving me my price protection based on I sold the vehicle. However I traded it in for another Bronco. Has anyone had luck with getting dealers to honor price protections. What alternatives do I have. Some have said small claims court since I have it in writing that they would honor the price
So you bought a Bronco and immediately flipped it via trade in? Or was it registered/insured in your name for a few months?

Ghiaguy0

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f150 Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Base
So you bought a Bronco and immediately flipped it via trade in? Or was it registered/insured in your name for a few months?
[/QUOTE
Had it a few months. Registered, licenced and insured. Took it on several trips. Just had the opportunity to get one that had lane assist and more options.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone had luck with getting dealers to honor price protections.
Ordered mine 3/7/22. Last month I was notified that I'd be getting a 2023MY and they sent me over a new purchase order - with an updated higher price.

Told the sales guy "where's my price protection?" He tells me, "I don't think you qualify but let me talk to the boss" (they always gotta "talk to the boss"). Told him "you better do some good talkin' or I'm walkin'. You promised me price protection when I ordered this and that's the most I'm paying"

Don't know what was discussed but he called me the next day and said my price protection would hold for the 2023. Sent me over a new purchase order for a 2023 with the exact same price as the 2022 I originally signed.

Still don't have my vehicle (current build week is 12/5 - fingers crossed) - so we'll see what happens when the day finally comes and I go to pick it up.

But near as I can tell - I'm still price protected.

Sponsored

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The price protection certificates that are apart of the two programs are for customers only. Dealers do not get any cut of that… the rebate gets passed directly to the customer.

Retail price protection is for both the dealer and the customer. The customer gets the difference in the MSRP and the dealer gets the difference in dealer invoice price.

For both of the price protection programs, the dealer can either reduce the purchase price of the vehicle, or they can charge the customer full price and reimburse the customer after delivery. For the price protection programs the check will come directly from Ford. For retail price protection the check will come from your dealer.

Keep in mind this is only when your dealer is charging MSRP. Ultimately the final price is whatever you agreed with the dealer on. So if you agreed upon dealer invoice, then that’s the agreement, and that’s what you get.
@Rob1135ny

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reservation 2/21
Ordered 3/21
Verified order again 10/21
Reordered early 22
Just got 2022 BD 10/20/22
Only got the 975. Dealership says that's all that showed up on the computer. Even showed me . So, the paperwork meant nothing when they hold the Bronco ...

mtnbiker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bike Commuter - twin six
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question on price protection. Sadly, I cancelled my 7/15/20 reservation (concerned about MIC top issues), but placed another reservation on 8/6/21. Went into dealer to convert to order. Order was placed on 8/13/21, and it has priority code 19 with an order code. However, when I login to ford.com, my reservation does not have an order associated with it. Plus I'm getting emails from ford to convert my reservation to an order. I believe the dealer may have simply placed an order without taking my reservation into consideration. In the last couple weeks I asked the dealer to align the order with the reservation, but they don't know how. So, to qualify for price protection, do I need to have a reservation and an order before the pre-determined date? If I continue status quo, my order will remain intact, but I expect my reservation will just get cancelled.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It seems like a mix between credit at purchase and check in the mail later.
No. The first part is a credit in SmartVincent. The 2nd part is simply that Ford will invoice the dealer based on your original (pre March MY22 DORA)

I.e. you are supposed to pay the price when you ordered it, plus $100 increase in delivery fee, minus the SmartVincent certificate. The Dealership is NOT paying the new price to Ford, Ford invoices them the old price.

Reservation 2/21
Ordered 3/21
Verified order again 10/21
Reordered early 22
Just got 2022 BD 10/20/22
Only got the 975. Dealership says that's all that showed up on the computer. Even showed me . So, the paperwork meant nothing when they hold the Bronco ...
That's correct. The only thing that shows up in the computer is the $975 for having a pre March 20th 2021 order. Your mid-year price protection is that the dealer is supposed to charge you the price when you ordered, not the new sticker. Once the dealer reports that they sold it to you, Ford re-invoices them.

No checks, no discounts, just magic retroactive accounting.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finalized my 11/2020 reservation by taking it off PC 99 yesterday. Only added dual tops (which costs $2545 instead of $695 for just MIC). My dealer couldn’t clarify whether adding Sasquatch would change the 4x4 package - but, the rear gearing would change to the 4.7 from the 4.46 (which I was aware of). Does that change the transfer case? I would assume so.

Either way, my order code on the Preview Order didn’t change - so, adding the dual tops does not require a re-invoice.

That said - Black Diamond with Advanced 4x4 is $2,395 more than my Jan 2021 order and now $43,330 + $575 for the Modular Bumper. Totaling my expected price protection at $2970. That’s pretty significant.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone have the cost of Dual Tops from 2020/21? Was it $1800? I wonder if that will be taken into consideration. It was on my original reservation.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dang. I guess I have a buildable combination. I put my order on PC 99 back in July of 2021 after I landed the Silver 7MT. Not much looking back - but, I moved my order on Monday to PC 19 so that I didn’t lose my original reservation and everything that goes along with it. I even added dual tops and kept tow package and got a build date today for December 5.

onthelookout

Raptor
First Name
C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well, I can officially say I have no idea how dealers are calculating PP for a Day 1 reservation. I had a portion applied at time of purchase which was in line with column A of the flowchart, and then I received a check 60+ days after purchase from the dealer. Between the two amounts, the PP is $500+ more than adding all columns in the charts for my model. Think this goes to show the process is not seemingly straightforward for some dealers, or I have no idea what's going on (plausible)....

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I am holding off giving my dealership review questionairesurvey until I feel that I have actually been treated correctly.
I don't assume that I should get the difference in shipping as that part is life as it's happening.
But my 100 dollar deposit from 2021 and my 2nd price protection adds up for a Black Diamond.
Salesman keeps asking me to fill out the survey, but I keep replying where's the rest of price protection.

MichiganMichael

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport, '22 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any word on '23 MY Price Protection?