Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

you used the wrong shapes for decisions j/k any visual representation of the spaghetti model Ford is using is good.
Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So for most of us that have had early reservations and fall under the PP, I assume we would claim column A and column B amounts at purchasing time? Meaning, I am a Wildtrak reservation/order holder, I should expect the $695 (column A) and $1750 (column B), for a total of $2445?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you used the wrong shapes for decisions j/k any visual representation of the spaghetti model Ford is using is good.
Won’t lie… had to grit my teeth while using the wrong shapes. No Microsoft Visio on macOS, and OmniGraffle—which used to be fantastic—hasn’t been good or worth the cost in a very long time.

If anyone has recommendations for good flowchart software, lemme know.

So for most of us that have had early reservations and fall under the PP, I assume we would claim column A and column B amounts at purchasing time? Meaning, I am a Wildtrak reservation/order holder, I should expect the $695 (column A) and $1750 (column B), for a total of $2445?
Yes.

Most of us early reservation holders will receive the payout from both columns… we get the price protection from the price protection program for 2021MY… and then we get standard retail price protection for 2022MY.

The dealer has discretion on how they handle it. Most dealers will probably just take the price protection money off on the selling price of the vehicle when you go to pick it up, and Ford will in-turn reimburse the dealer. Other dealers will charge you full cost for the vehicle, and you will receive a check from the dealer/Ford ~45-60 days after purchase of the vehicle

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I have a 3/19/21 order for a 4-door badlands, which I changed to an Everglades on 3/8/22 - knowing I'd loose price protection. "My dealer said" that I could switch back to a badlands, if I wanted, and still get my '21 PP. Does this make sense with what you know? Obviously, getting assigned a VIN would kill my ability to switch but might consider it when I have to go in and re-order an MY23.

Sponsored

denimird

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Base
Won’t lie… had to grit my teeth while using the wrong shapes. No Microsoft Visio on macOS, and OmniGraffle—which used to be fantastic—hasn’t been good or worth the cost in a very long time.

If anyone has recommendations for good flowchart software, lemme know.

Yes.

Most of us early reservation holders will receive the payout from both columns… we get the price protection from the price protection program for 2021MY… and then we get standard retail price protection for 2022MY.

The dealer has discretion on how they handle it. Most dealers will probably just take the price protection money off on the selling price of the vehicle when you go to pick it up, and Ford will in-turn reimburse the dealer. Other dealers will charge you full cost for the vehicle, and you will receive a check from the dealer/Ford ~45-60 days after purchase of the vehicle
Here is a link to what I use for flowcharts on my Mac: https://app.diagrams.net/

Also, wanted to thank you for putting all this documentation together. I was able to direct my sales rep to it after he told me we were not protected from the mid-year increase. He just came back today with a new cost sheet showing our original pricing. So thankful!!

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is very helpful, thank you. One thing I'm still not clear on: is the price protection for the modular bumper "upgrade" ($575) on the Black Diamond part of the 21>22 rebate amount of $825? Or something entirely separate?

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once the certificate is used, it can't be used again for that given MY. Ford doesn't purge your original reservation/order. If PP is extended for future MY(s), Ford will look at the original reservation/order and determine the appropriate value to attach to future certificates. So long as Ford is unable to build/deliver the original reservation/order, that order will continue to remain on the books triggering future PP certificates so long as Ford extends PP.

For those early reservations holders who are in allocation purgatory, they are placed in that purgatory as a result of Ford's actions not the fault of the buyer. They can continue to use PP for new orders and/or sales as long as restrictions aren't placed on the certificate use beyond the name match and MY Bronco for the given MY. When Ford does get around to fulfilling the original reservation/order, as long as there is a new certificate for the given year, it can be used no matter if the buyer bought a Bronco a year before with a prior certificate.
I have 2 orders, both with pre March 19, 2021 reservations. The order with the higher price protection amount is stuck in allocation purgatory. Does this mean I can use either certificate with the first order to be delivered? If so, I presume I can only use that certificate once, but can use the remaining certificate with the second order. Am I understanding correctly? The certificate does not need to match up with the reservation? They can be swapped if I have two?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have 2 orders, both with pre March 19, 2021 reservations. The order with the higher price protection amount is stuck in allocation purgatory. Does this mean I can use either certificate with the first order to be delivered? If so, I presume I can only use that certificate once, but can use the remaining certificate with the second order. Am I understanding correctly? The certificate does not need to match up with the reservation? They can be swapped if I have two?
The certificate in the Smart Vincent system (MY'21-->MY'22 PP) is not tied to a specific reservation for redemption. The only restriction is that the certificate is only valid on a MY'22 Bronco and the buyer's name matches the certificate.

In your case, you should have 2 certificates in Smart Vincent for your 2 early reservation orders. The redemption values will be tied to the trim that was on order as of October 2021. Now, I'm not sure you would be able to redeem both certificates on a single MY'22 Bronco though there is no restriction that I know of. They will have 2 different certificate numbers that in theory can be applied to a single purchase. The dealer shouldn't give a damn. It is a rebate applied to a purchase. They aren't losing a cent.

If/when your allocation purgatory order is rolled over to MY'23, then new certificates will be issued as the current ones will expire. At this point, we are only guessing how MY'23 PP is handled. But it is my supposition that it will follow closely to how the MY'21--MY'22 PP was handled. Based on that supposition, the MY'23 PP Smart Vincent certificate should be the total of the MY'21--MY'22 PP + MY'22-->MY'22.5 PP for early reservation holders. They will also follow the same redemption restrictions where the buyer's name matches and the sale of a MY'23 Bronco.

At some point, I presume PP will go away once Ford feels they have honored their commitment to the majority of early reservation holders. For those that our left waiting for MY'24 or later, I feel Ford will just shrug.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The certificate in the Smart Vincent system (MY'21-->MY'22 PP) is not tied to a specific reservation for redemption. The only restriction is that the certificate is only valid on a MY'22 Bronco and the buyer's name matches the certificate.

In your case, you should have 2 certificates in Smart Vincent for your 2 early reservation orders. The redemption values will be tied to the trim that was on order as of October 2021. Now, I'm not sure you would be able to redeem both certificates on a single MY'22 Bronco though there is no restriction that I know of. They will have 2 different certificate numbers that in theory can be applied to a single purchase. The dealer shouldn't give a damn. It is a rebate applied to a purchase. They aren't losing a cent.

If/when your allocation purgatory order is rolled over to MY'23, then new certificates will be issued as the current ones will expire. At this point, we are only guessing how MY'23 PP is handled. But it is my supposition that it will follow closely to how the MY'21--MY'22 PP was handled. Based on that supposition, the MY'23 PP Smart Vincent certificate should be the total of the MY'21--MY'22 PP + MY'22-->MY'22.5 PP for early reservation holders. They will also follow the same redemption restrictions where the buyer's name matches and the sale of a MY'23 Bronco.

At some point, I presume PP will go away once Ford feels they have honored their commitment to the majority of early reservation holders. For those that our left waiting for MY'24 or later, I feel Ford will just shrug.
Wow. You are saying I can probably apply the certificates for both orders to the first one I purchase? I am expecting the first one to be MY22. Who knows when the one in allocation purgatory will arrive. If I can apply both to the first order, I will be stoked because there is a good chance I will cancel the second one before it gets built.

Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would there be a valid reason for lawsuit if orders after 03-19-21 but before 22.5 price increase are in allocation hell and might not make the cut till 23 or 24 model years therfore being stuck with price increase?

The way I figure order was placed but product was not delivered in timely manner even though other buyers were able to have their later placed order delivered. Seems proof of deliberate price gouging if my order placed in 2021 was held further knowing there would be price increase. For example if I arrive at a restaurant and sit at table say at 2pm before 3pm dinner price increase but my food is held till 4pm even though customers that sat at 2:45 get their food at 3 and they pay lunch price but then I’m charged dinner price even though I arrived an hour before price increase but restaurant purposely held my food.

What say you Bronco fans are we going to raise HELL?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is very helpful, thank you. One thing I'm still not clear on: is the price protection for the modular bumper "upgrade" ($575) on the Black Diamond part of the 21>22 rebate amount of $825? Or something entirely separate?
It is included in the $825 amount.

The reason why price protection for 2021MY is so much higher on the Black Diamond and Badlands trims compared to the other trims is because it includes the price protection for the modular bumper change.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is included in the $825 amount.

The reason why price protection for 2021MY is so much higher on the Black Diamond and Badlands trims compared to the other trims is because it includes the price protection for the modular bumper change.
Thanks. The dealer did credit me the $825 at time of purchase (2 weeks ago). But as a day-2 reservation and no major order changes at the MY22 rollover it appears I may be in store for an additional rebate check (MY22.5 increase) from Ford via the dealership?

It really is absurd that so many customers are twisting in the wind with these price protection policies. I assume some dealerships are pocketing some extra cash at the customers' expense via rebates that are not passed along, despite my dealership assuring me it would be illegal for them to keep that money. (Um, yeah, it's illegal for me to drive 10 over the limit too, that doesn't mean I don't do it.)

King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So does anyone know of the price protection check comes from Ford or the Dealer if they don't deduct at time of purchase?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. The dealer did credit me the $825 at time of purchase (2 weeks ago). But as a day-2 reservation and no major order changes at the MY22 rollover it appears I may be in store for an additional rebate check (MY22.5 increase) from Ford via the dealership?

It really is absurd that so many customers are twisting in the wind with these price protection policies. I assume some dealerships are pocketing some extra cash at the customers' expense via rebates that are not passed along, despite my dealership assuring me it would be illegal for them to keep that money. (Um, yeah, it's illegal for me to drive 10 over the limit too, that doesn't mean I don't do it.)
You are correct on both accounts.

If your dealer charged you current MSRP pricing and only credited you back the $825, you should be getting additional money back in the form of retail price protection. And yes, I suspect dealers are pocketing extra cash... but to be perfectly honest I think some dealers are pocketing extra cash without even realizing it. They too are extremely confused.

I generally trust my dealer, but out of the three sales managers at my dealer, only one of them actually fully understood how it was supposed to work.
So does anyone know of the price protection check comes from Ford or the Dealer if they don't deduct at time of purchase?
The Smart Vincent certificate for the price protection programs I THINK comes from Ford directly—maybe @Beach_Bum knows one way or another for sure.

Retail price protection definitely should come from your dealer.
Sponsored