Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to this video:
HOW TO COMPLETE THE PRICE PROTECTION ON AN ORDERED VEHICLE
from @FordVideoGuy, the dealer needs to enter the protection date into the smart vincent system. For my order, the key dates would be:
July 28, 2020 - Reservation date
Mar 19, 2021 - Must reserve or order by this date to get price protection.
Mar 1, 2022 - Order date

Is July 28, 2020 the protection date? What happens if the dealer enters the sale date? Does that suppress some of the certificates? If the certificates don't look correct, who do I contact?

Note: I tried calling Bronco support to verify what certificates I had, the rep had never heard of the Smart Vincent system.
Sponsored

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to this video:
from @FordVideoGuy, the dealer needs to enter the protection date into the smart vincent system. For my order, the key dates would be:
Mar 1, 2022 - Order date

Is July 28, 2020 the protection date? What happens if the dealer enters the sale date? Does that suppress some of the certificates? If the certificates don't look correct, who do I contact?

Note: I tried calling Bronco support to verify what certificates I had, the rep had never heard of the Smart Vincent system.
Reps definitely wont have much of an idea about all internal company systems. Problem is- a lot of internal systems and policy (esp. price protection and kind) information gets passed here. When those people call up customer service reps, it is normal to face that difference in knowledge. Guys in this forum has a higher level understanding about ford processes. As I understand, Ford is a process dependent company not a people dependent. So knowledge of process can only answer some of those questions...
Some of the questions posed here can only be answered by company SME's or dealer people who has a good understanding of Ford systems. Will Ford SMEs look at these questions in this forum and answer- i highly doubt it..

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the same question. how will I even know, when he got paid back. if that fellow says- he didnt get or make me wait endlessly- then what is the recourse. Customer service is not going to know if dealer got it or not. Customer Service wont have visibility to dealer payment systems
I finally agreed to pay the extra up front on the condition that I got that check when they received it, but it was days of headache, rude messages from the dealer and Ford customer service, and the dealer denying that standard retail protection exists (also fought me on whether or not I could get a Sasquatch with a manual for 22MY). My plan is if I don’t see my $1600 check within 2 months I’m going to shake every tree I possibly can until someone faces some repercussions.

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally agreed to pay the extra up front on the condition that I got that check when they received it, but it was days of headache, rude messages from the dealer and Ford customer service, and the dealer denying that standard retail protection exists (also fought me on whether or not I could get a Sasquatch with a manual for 22MY). My plan is if I don’t see my $1600 check within 2 months I’m going to shake every tree I possibly can until someone faces some repercussions.
Oh No. I dont like the way it is going to go. Irritating. Thank you for the info

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my dealer pull the certificates from Smart Vincent. I have two reservations/orders. It showed both certs for PGM#38406. However, it didn't show any certs for PGM#38446. Who should I contact to get this figured out? My dealer doesn't seem to know much about this. He said this was the first time he had a Bronco sale that was price protected. I'd like to get this figured out before I take delivery.

Note that I already tried calling the Bronco marketing help number. The rep I spoke with had never even heard of Smart Vincent and was zero help.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my dealer pull the certificates from Smart Vincent. I have two reservations/orders. It showed both certs for PGM#38406. However, it didn't show any certs for PGM#38446. Who should I contact to get this figured out? My dealer doesn't seem to know much about this. He said this was the first time he had a Bronco sale that was price protected. I'd like to get this figured out before I take delivery.

Note that I already tried calling the Bronco marketing help number. The rep I spoke with had never even heard of Smart Vincent and was zero help.
PGM#38446 only applies to you if you changed your order after March 11th, 2022.

If you have not changed your order, you simply get the usual Retail Price Protection. Retail Price Protection applies to all retail ordered Ford vehicles that undergo a mid-year price increases, so there isn’t any special price protection program certificate attached to it.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PGM#38446 only applies to you if you changed your order after March 11th, 2022.

If you have not changed your order, you simply get the usual Retail Price Protection. Retail Price Protection applies to all retail ordered Ford vehicles that undergo a mid-year price increases, so there isn’t any special price protection program certificate attached to it.
The dealer has said I will need to pay what is on the window sticker, which is MY22.5 pricing, and then I will get a price protection refund from the dealer after Ford sends it to the dealer. Does that sound correct? Trying to make sure I understand how the MY22 to MY22.5 portion of the price protection works.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer has said I will need to pay what is on the window sticker, which is MY22.5 pricing, and then I will get a price protection refund from the dealer after Ford sends it to the dealer. Does that sound correct? Trying to make sure I understand how the MY22 to MY22.5 portion of the price protection works.
There is two ways to do it.
  • The dealer will give you the protected price up-front. They eat the cost and get reimbursed from Ford later.
  • Basically how you described it. You pay sticker, Ford reimburses the dealer after 30-45 days, and you will receive a check from the dealer once they receive the refund from Ford.
It’s basically dealer’s choice on how that is handled. Every dealer I’ve personally dealt with will give you the refund up front and eat the cost until they get the money back from Ford. But obviously I’ve only dealt maybe 5-6 dealers and there are thousands of dealers across the country.

Once the vehicle is verified as sold, it should take 30-45 days for Ford to refund the dealer. So if you don’t get your refund back after ~60 days… start bugging them.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is two ways to do it.
  • The dealer will give you the protected price up-front. They eat the cost and get reimbursed from Ford later.
  • Basically how you described it. You pay sticker, Ford reimburses the dealer after 30-45 days, and you will receive a check from the dealer once they receive the refund from Ford.
It’s basically dealer’s choice on how that is handled. Every dealer I’ve personally dealt with will give you the refund up front and eat the cost until they get the money back from Ford. But obviously I’ve only dealt maybe 5-6 dealers and there are thousands of dealers across the country.

Once the vehicle is verified as sold, it should take 30-45 days for Ford to refund the dealer. So if you don’t get your refund back after ~60 days… start bugging them.
Thanks. This is very helpful. The dealer has said their process is to charge sticker and refund the money when Ford sends it. This is their process for the cert and the price protection. Sounds like they have encountered instances when they didn't get the expected refund. Seems like Ford ought to have a way to at least get final confirmation on what the final price will be after price protection adjustments otherwise you are buying a vehicle without having confirmed the final price. Plus, I'll have to pay tax on the refunded amounts. Oh well.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. This is very helpful. The dealer has said their process is to charge sticker and refund the money when Ford sends it. This is their process for the cert and the price protection. Sounds like they have encountered instances when they didn't get the expected refund. Seems like Ford ought to have a way to at least get final confirmation on what the final price will be after price protection adjustments otherwise you are buying a vehicle without having confirmed the final price. Plus, I'll have to pay tax on the refunded amounts. Oh well.
Yeah to recieve their refund the sale has to be verified by Ford as sold to the original order holder. If it isn’t verified… then no certificate or refund.

I’m sure several dealers have been burned by that in the past. So rather than risk it, they just changed their policy to avoid the issue altogether.

Sponsored

Jayhawker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
According to this video:
Mar 1, 2022 - Order date

Price protection date is the date the dealership ordered your 2022.

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Price protection date is the date the dealership ordered your 2022.
I placed my order with the dealer on 10/27/21 but my order date on my e-mail confirmation from Ford shows my order date as 2/15/21 because my reservation date was 8/29/20. So which date will the Price Protection use, 10/27 or 2/15?

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The current certificates expire and are only valid for MY'22. When J1 for MY'23 begins, then the old certs will expire (purged from Smart Vincent) and new certs will be issued.

What makes the current PP so confusing is the MY'22--MY'22.5 and how it is redeemed. There is no certificate in the Smart Vincent system. It is handled by Ford once the sale is completed and credited back to the dealer if applicable. At which time the dealer should credit the buyer. That process can take up to 45 days. But some dealers are applying the credit at the time of sale and trusting Ford to balance their books later. This discrepancy is why there is so much confusion.

I presume for MY'23, the new certs will have one amount reflective of the value that each order holder is entitled to. That will then be applied to MY'23 sales with a simple name search. But of course, I'm sure it will be further compounded by a MY'23 --> MY'23.5 price protection.

The best course of action is for Ford to undue this pile of yarn that they made by committing to build original early reservation orders to get them off the books and not constrain themselves with adhering to their allocation system.

This is exactly how it was explained to me at the dealer, after the mid-year price increases came out.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So in my case; receiving a Bronco about July 19th....early reservation holder, Black Diamond.... MY22.5 price protection total would be $1,500.00 that matches my original MSRP price...EXCEPT...HAVE YOU NOTICED THEY ARE CHARGING $100.00 MORE FOR SHIPPING? (was $1495 now it's $1595). Any ideas or statements on how we get price protection on that $100 bucks? THANKS!!!

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is exactly how it was explained to me at the dealer, after the mid-year price increases came out.
How did the Dealer handle the extra $100.00 in shipping charges? Thanks
Sponsored