Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is exactly how it was explained to me at the dealer, after the mid-year price increases came out.
How did the Dealer handle the extra $100.00 in shipping charges? Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So in my case; receiving a Bronco about July 19th....early reservation holder, Black Diamond.... MY22.5 price protection total would be $1,500.00 that matches my original MSRP price...EXCEPT...HAVE YOU NOTICED THEY ARE CHARGING $100.00 MORE FOR SHIPPING? (was $1495 now it's $1595). Any ideas or statements on how we get price protection on that $100 bucks? THANKS!!!
Ford is not offering price protection on destination & delivery costs.

Butā€¦ Iā€™m not too upset about it honestly. Cost of diesel fuel has increased by 42% yet the destination & delivery cost only went up 6%. Iā€™ll take it.

StephLuna0211

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alright... so based on my daily browsing of this forum, it is clear that the price protection system Ford has created for us is confusing both for customers and for dealers. So I'm going to attempt to help the situation and give clarity to it. Keep in mind this is intended for customers in the United States. Customers in Canada have their own program(s), but I don't know those details (apologies to our northern neighbors).

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

Generally speaking there are three price protection programs in play:
  • Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there will be an updated 2023MY program at some point in the future for those who gets pushed or are holding out until 2023.
  • PGM#38446 - This program is effectively an addendum to the PGM#38406 to protect order holders from the 2022.5MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY.
Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the 2022.5MY price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

View attachment 338484

View attachment 338491
If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
This great! According to the chart I am in column B but a Ford rep told me an amount that would make me Column A. Iā€™ll def have to ask again to make sure! Thank you for this, I think itā€™s definitely helpful!

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This great! According to the chart I am in column B but a Ford rep told me an amount that would make me Column A. Iā€™ll def have to ask again to make sure! Thank you for this, I think itā€™s definitely helpful!
Don't forget you could be both. Most of the early reservation people qualify for both. (The flowchart can help yo figure that out.)

StephLuna0211

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't forget you could be both. Most of the early reservation people qualify for both. (The flowchart can help yo figure that out.)
Thanks that makes more sense!! This is great stuff thank you for posting!!

Sponsored

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did the Dealer handle the extra $100.00 in shipping charges? Thanks
All I know, is that she said to keep the order form printout after ordering that we both signed and that price will be honored. She said that Ford will send (refund) the difference to the dealer for the mid-year price increase.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So in my case; receiving a Bronco about July 19th....early reservation holder, Black Diamond.... MY22.5 price protection total would be $1,500.00 that matches my original MSRP price...EXCEPT...HAVE YOU NOTICED THEY ARE CHARGING $100.00 MORE FOR SHIPPING? (was $1495 now it's $1595). Any ideas or statements on how we get price protection on that $100 bucks? THANKS!!!
I can't respond to this without being a smarta$$. Tried really hard though. Have a nice day.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't respond to this without being a smarta$$. Tried really hard though. Have a nice day.
It's a fair question is it not? Price protection is price protection. Since I have a signed contract with my Dealer I presume they will eat the extra $100.00 They already charge more to ship a Bronco than an F150, now and extra $100 has been added.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a fair question is it not? Price protection is price protection. Since I have a signed contract with my Dealer I presume they will eat the extra $100.00 They already charge more to ship a Bronco than an F150, now and extra $100 has been added.
Final pricing is ultimately between you and your dealer, so If you got a signed contract with your dealer then the terms of that contract will determine what you pay, and it is on them to sell that vehicle at the price in that contract. It ultimately has nothing to do Ford... Ford is simply providing protection against their MSRP increases, but they don't determine final selling cost.

I personally entered a pricing agreement with my dealer as well, but my original pricing agreement was only good for a 2021 model year Bronco. When I submitted my 2022 model year Bronco order I had to sign a new pricing agreement, and that included the increased destination and delivery cost.

deezbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a second day reservation. My first order was 3/5/21 and the second one was 11/1/21. If there are two price increases since I originally ordered, then why wouldn't I get both columns? I went to my dealership just last month because the salesman is awful at any sort of communication. The GM gave me the build sheet with the pricing which is exactly the same price on the Ford website if I build it with todays pricing. So it seems that the pricing from the original time I ordered has increased twice. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a second day reservation. My first order was 3/5/21 and the second one was 11/1/21. If there are two price increases since I originally ordered, then why wouldn't I get both columns? I went to my dealership just last month because the salesman is awful at any sort of communication. The GM gave me the build sheet with the pricing which is exactly the same price on the Ford website if I build it with todays pricing. So it seems that the pricing from the original time I ordered has increased twice. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
You do (or should) get both columns.

The build sheet will give you the pricing at the time the sheet was printed. It does not take into account any discounts or price protections since those are attached to your name/addressā€¦ not the order itself. (This is done in case you turn down your Bronco and your order is sold to someone other than yourself.)

deezbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You do (or should) get both columns.

The build sheet will give you the pricing at the time the sheet was printed. It does not take into account any discounts or price protections since those are attached to your name/addressā€¦ not the order itself. (This is done in case you turn down your Bronco and your order is sold to someone other than yourself.)
Thank you! :)

J-Dubya

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I received my price protection check directly from Ford after my purchase.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is two ways to do it.
  • The dealer will give you the protected price up-front. They eat the cost and get reimbursed from Ford later.
  • Basically how you described it. You pay sticker, Ford reimburses the dealer after 30-45 days, and you will receive a check from the dealer once they receive the refund from Ford.
Itā€™s basically dealerā€™s choice on how that is handled. Every dealer Iā€™ve personally dealt with will give you the refund up front and eat the cost until they get the money back from Ford. But obviously Iā€™ve only dealt maybe 5-6 dealers and there are thousands of dealers across the country.

Once the vehicle is verified as sold, it should take 30-45 days for Ford to refund the dealer. So if you donā€™t get your refund back after ~60 daysā€¦ start bugging them.
When I got my $975 applied at delivery, there was a Certification Number (CN) associated with it. I took delivery of my Badlands on 4/5 and have been hassling my dealership regularly for an update, but they continue to play dumb.

Flat outā€¦ I donā€™t trust them at all.

So, I asked for a Certification Number (CN) for the remaining $2,000 ā€œrebate.ā€ They claim to only be aware of the one CN for the $975. Does this mean they didnā€™t even submit for the Dealership Retail Price Protection Program associated with my VIN?

My problem is, they attached a 120-Day deadline on it, though I donā€™t believe itā€™s enforceable. Regardless, I donā€™t want to deal with this shady dealership anymore and want to verify that they evenstarted the process. Would you happen to have an ideas?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alright... so based on my daily browsing of this forum, it is clear that the price protection system Ford has created for us is confusing both for customers and for dealers. So I'm going to attempt to help the situation and give clarity to it. Keep in mind this is intended for customers in the United States. Customers in Canada have their own program(s), but I don't know those details (apologies to our northern neighbors).

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

Generally speaking there are three price protection programs in play:
  • Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there will be an updated 2023MY program at some point in the future for those who gets pushed or are holding out until 2023.
  • PGM#38446 - This program is effectively an addendum to the PGM#38406 to protect order holders from the 2022.5MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY.
Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the 2022.5MY price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

View attachment 338484

View attachment 338491
If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
I pick up my 2 door Black Diamond in 2 weeks and I am going through all the pricing and documents. I am an early reservation holder and ordered early in all cases. I of course was pushed to MY22. In order for me to have price protection back to my original order it appears I get BOTH 975.00 in column A which protects my MY22 order back to the MY21 order...AND...the 1,500.00 in Column B to cover the MY22.5 price increase. A total of $2,475.00 in price protection. That is the only amount that balances out from the Window sticker back to the 22 order and back to the original 21 order. IS THIS CORRECT? IMO, it has to be in order to be price protected back to my original 2021 MY order. ????? Thank you
Sponsored