Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I got my $975 applied at delivery, there was a Certification Number (CN) associated with it. I took delivery of my Badlands on 4/5 and have been hassling my dealership regularly for an update, but they continue to play dumb.

Flat out… I don’t trust them at all.

So, I asked for a Certification Number (CN) for the remaining $2,000 “rebate.” They claim to only be aware of the one CN for the $975. Does this mean they didn’t even submit for the Dealership Retail Price Protection Program associated with my VIN?

My problem is, they attached a 120-Day deadline on it, though I don’t believe it’s enforceable. Regardless, I don’t want to deal with this shady dealership anymore and want to verify that they evenstarted the process. Would you happen to have an ideas?
There is no certificate for the retail price protection, as it is not part of some special price protection program. It is not Bronco-specific either... it is just Ford's standard policy for mid-year price increases on retail orders.

MSRP pricing for the vehicle will be the MSRP price at receipt date (when the order was submitted and received by Ford). As long as the vehicle is reported sold to the same person that originally placed the order, Ford will reimburse the dealer the difference within 60 days.

I pick up my 2 door Black Diamond in 2 weeks and I am going through all the pricing and documents. I am an early reservation holder and ordered early in all cases. I of course was pushed to MY22. In order for me to have price protection back to my original order it appears I get BOTH 975.00 in column A which protects my MY22 order back to the MY21 order...AND...the 1,500.00 in Column B to cover the MY22.5 price increase. A total of $2,475.00 in price protection. That is the only amount that balances out from the Window sticker back to the 22 order and back to the original 21 order. IS THIS CORRECT? IMO, it has to be in order to be price protected back to my original 2021 MY order. ????? Thank you
Assuming you reserved prior to March 19th, 2021... yes, you are correct.
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no certificate for the retail price protection, as it is not part of some special price protection program. It is not Bronco-specific either... it is just Ford's standard policy for mid-year price increases on retail orders.

MSRP pricing for the vehicle will be the MSRP price at receipt date (when the order was submitted and received by Ford). As long as the vehicle is reported sold to the same person that originally placed the order, Ford will reimburse the dealer the difference within 60 days.

Assuming you reserved prior to March 19th, 2021... yes, you are correct.
Thank you very much.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I read correctly, an order without any reservation placed before the Mar 22 deadline would get the $1500 protection I suppose if it slips into MY22.5?

I am a bit confused. I had a BD reservation then ordered early 21, went into MY22 roll over, does that mean I should get a MY2021 price protection of $975 for 2021 then an additional $1,500 for standard retail price protection when it gets built in 22.5? Or is it just a total of $1,500 at the end?

But I also ordered a base in November 22, which I recently took delivery on. The dealer noted that I have the price protection certification of $975 and applied to get me that. I am slightly concerned that maybe this will interfere with the one I reserved.

On the other hand, the dealer I have the BD ordered with makes weird noises about price protection like they know nothing and that if there is, it would be an after-sale refund. I have other concerns about them honoring the price at MSRP and have no doubt they will as a minimum hit me with MSRP of whatever is on the sticker and not what it was when ordered and try and get ADM. I feel this dealer will try and keep any price protection for themselves. So the dealer where I got the base from getting that $975 for me is perhaps $975 I might not see otherwise.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I read correctly, an order without any reservation placed before the Mar 22 deadline would get the $1500 protection I suppose if it slips into MY22.5?

I am a bit confused. I had a BD reservation then ordered early 21, went into MY22 roll over, does that mean I should get a MY2021 price protection of $975 for 2021 then an additional $1,500 for standard retail price protection when it gets built in 22.5? Or is it just a total of $1,500 at the end?

But I also ordered a base in November 22, which I recently took delivery on. The dealer noted that I have the price protection certification of $975 and applied to get me that. I am slightly concerned that maybe this will interfere with the one I reserved.

On the other hand, the dealer I have the BD ordered with makes weird noises about price protection like they know nothing and that if there is, it would be an after-sale refund. I have other concerns about them honoring the price at MSRP and have no doubt they will as a minimum hit me with MSRP of whatever is on the sticker and not what it was when ordered and try and get ADM. I feel this dealer will try and keep any price protection for themselves. So the dealer where I got the base from getting that $975 for me is perhaps $975 I might not see otherwise.
The price protection certificates for the two special programs are attached to your name/address, NOT a specific order—they can be applied to any Bronco purchase. In your case, it seems like you applied it to your Base Bronco.

Retail price protection is attached to your name and a specific order. Therefore, you should still get the $1,500 off through retail price protection. But you won't get the $975 since that was already applied to the Base Bronco.

EDIT— If your Black Diamond gets bumped to 2023, you likely will get a new price protection certificate. But that's just speculation on my part since Ford hasn't announced the 2023 program details yet.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Retail price protection is attached to your name and a specific order. Therefore, you should still get the $1,500 off through retail price protection. But you won't get the $975 since that was already applied to the Base Bronco.

EDIT— If your Black Diamond gets bumped to 2023, you likely will get a new price protection certificate. But that's just speculation on my part since Ford hasn't announced the 2023 program details yet.
I have no complaints about the $975 as long as it doesn't affect the other.

So one question, my base order sheet when ordered Nov 2021 priced out at $32,390 but when built in March 22 the sticker came up as $33,890. The dealer didn't charge more than the agreed upon price on the sales order despite the sticker being higher. I note the difference is $1,500 is that the retail price protection for MY22 because I ordered in MY21 even though no reservation? If so, that was completely transparent to me.

My BD has a 8/15 scheduled build week so it likely won't slip to MY23.

So, if I am getting this the $975 is the correction for increased prices between when originally ordered as a MY21 and the higher price when ordering for MY22. And when it gets built, like my base, I will likely see sticker $1,500 higher than the pricing sheet I got in 21 so that when I take delivery, the retail order price protection will bring it back to what it was when I ordered?

If that is true, and it is as transparent as it was on the base, I expect this dealer to represent the actual sticker as the MSRP and pocket the extra $1,500. Note, this dealer has refused to write a sale order, refused to take any more down payment with the order beyond the $100 I paid when I reserved.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So one question, my base order sheet when ordered Nov 2021 priced out at $32,390 but when built in March 22 the sticker came up as $33,890. The dealer didn't charge more than the agreed upon price on the sales order despite the sticker being higher. I note the difference is $1,500 is that the retail price protection for MY22 because I ordered in MY21 even though no reservation? If so, that was completely transparent to me.
That $1500 is retail price protection, and you got it because you ordered your Base Bronco prior to the mid-year price increases that went into effect March, 2022.

So, if I am getting this the $975 is the correction for increased prices between when originally ordered as a MY21 and the higher price when ordering for MY22. And when it gets built, like my base, I will likely see sticker $1,500 higher than the pricing sheet I got in 21 so that when I take delivery, the retail order price protection will bring it back to what it was when I ordered?
Yes, your sticker will be $1500 higher than when you reordered your Black Diamond for model year 2022. Not your original model year 2021 order (assuming you had one), but the model year 2022 order you placed after your Black Diamond got bumped to 2022.

Here is what you should pay for each. This is assuming your dealer redeemed your early reservation price protection certificate when you took delivery of your Base.
  • Base
    • Retail Price Protection: $1500
    • Bronco Early Reservation Price Protection Program: $975
    • Total: (Today’s MSRP) - $1500 - $975
  • Black Diamond
    • Retail Price Protection: $1500
    • Total: (Today’s MSRP) - $1500

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also have a BD on order. Early reservation and all orders were placed early. On the BD you are correct....you get both the 975 and the 1500. In looking back at my original order vs. increases and the increase on the window sticker (mine is due here within 10 days or so)...that is the only way the MSRP comes out correct to the original 2021 MSRP. On your other issues and concerns with the Dealer...it is imperative to have a signed contract with the Dealer on pricing. Screen capture the Smart Vincent/Information on page 1 of this post and show it to the Dealer. If they do not understand how price protection works...educate them.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I also have a BD on order. Early reservation and all orders were placed early. On the BD you are correct....you get both the 975 and the 1500. In looking back at my original order vs. increases and the increase on the window sticker (mine is due here within 10 days or so)...that is the only way the MSRP comes out correct to the original 2021 MSRP. On your other issues and concerns with the Dealer...it is imperative to have a signed contract with the Dealer on pricing. Screen capture the Smart Vincent/Information on page 1 of this post and show it to the Dealer. If they do not understand how price protection works...educate them.
I think the $975 is way under as an adjustment on a BD. I am sure, like you found it works out if you look at price change for the base price of a BD, but between MY21 and MY22 the Modular Bumper which was standard on the MY21 BD became a $600 (approx) option for the MY22 BD. As the Modular Bumper was one reason I went for the BD, if I add that back in, the price difference is more like $1,575.

And yes, I understand how important it is to have a signed contract. This dealer has steadfastly refused. Claims it isn't even possible without a VIN despite my pointing out hey I got this other on order and have a signed contract.

The only thing they gave me was a signed (by both of us) pricing sheet that showed MSRP but they also stuck $850 of crap items which I never would buy. I can't object to those items really because up front when I placed the order they said cost would be $850 higher than the MSRP on the build sheet. The only real twist is that from that pricing sheet I did drop tow and added in Modular Bumper so it is strictly not the identical build.

I just discovered something chilling. On the backdoor link which runs down the details there is a $500 order deposit. I know they never took anything from me as far as additional deposit. Now I recall something about Ford saying with MY22 roll over that dealers were supposed to get signed agreement and deposits. It all bugs the heck out of me.

codyeoram

Outer Banks
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 1977 Chevy K20
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all, my dealer is claiming I’ll get a rebate check directly from Ford for this. He was willing to notate that on our sales contract so it’s documented and he even broke down the amounts. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen, and also wondering if that passes the sniff test for ya’ll? My salesman has been great and transparent through the entire process. its just that a rebate check directly from Ford seems to contradict the info shared here.
Week 1 reservation and placed order early as well. 2022 4 door Outer Banks, picking it up tomorrow. Thinking I should see $1500.

Update: I should do more reading before I reply. 🤦‍♂️ Seems like this is pretty standard now after reading around a bit on here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all, my dealer is claiming I’ll get a rebate check directly from Ford for this. He was willing to notate that on our sales contract so it’s documented and he even broke down the amounts. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen, and also wondering if that passes the sniff test for ya’ll? My salesman has been great and transparent through the entire process. its just that a rebate check directly from Ford seems to contradict the info shared here.
Week 1 reservation and placed order early as well. 2022 4 door Outer Banks, picking it up tomorrow. Thinking I should see $1500.

Update: I should do more reading before I reply. 🤦‍♂️ Seems like this is pretty standard now after reading around a bit on here.
Sounds like you figured it out… but yeah, it’s dealer’s choice.

Obviously getting the discount up front is preferred if you happen to live in a state that charges sales tax on vehicles.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the $975 is way under as an adjustment on a BD. I am sure, like you found it works out if you look at price change for the base price of a BD, but between MY21 and MY22 the Modular Bumper which was standard on the MY21 BD became a $600 (approx) option for the MY22 BD. As the Modular Bumper was one reason I went for the BD, if I add that back in, the price difference is more like $1,575.

And yes, I understand how important it is to have a signed contract. This dealer has steadfastly refused. Claims it isn't even possible without a VIN despite my pointing out hey I got this other on order and have a signed contract.

The only thing they gave me was a signed (by both of us) pricing sheet that showed MSRP but they also stuck $850 of crap items which I never would buy. I can't object to those items really because up front when I placed the order they said cost would be $850 higher than the MSRP on the build sheet. The only real twist is that from that pricing sheet I did drop tow and added in Modular Bumper so it is strictly not the identical build.

I just discovered something chilling. On the backdoor link which runs down the details there is a $500 order deposit. I know they never took anything from me as far as additional deposit. Now I recall something about Ford saying with MY22 roll over that dealers were supposed to get signed agreement and deposits. It all bugs the heck out of me.
So far my Dealer has been great and I also bought a Ranger from them last November. The bad dealers make this experience sour for many. I hope it all works out for you.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like you figured it out… but yeah, it’s dealer’s choice.

Obviously getting the discount up front is preferred if you happen to live in a state that charges sales tax on vehicles.
Good point on the sales tax.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah What sucks is you sales tax AND yearly DMV reg is based on sales price.. not after the fact rebates. (At least in California).