First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74' Cherokee, 70' Bug
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, I’m a bit confused. I have a first day reservation and an looking to order in August. I have a reservation for a base, but am looking to get a base with SAS. According to the chart I would get Both column A & B, correct? Would changing to advanced 4x4 affect my PP as an early reservation holder? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, I’m a bit confused. I have a first day reservation and an looking to order in August. I have a reservation for a base, but am looking to get a base with SAS. According to the chart I would get Both column A & B, correct? Would changing to advanced 4x4 affect my PP as an early reservation holder? Thanks in advance.
Have you ever placed an order? (sounds like you just have a reservation) If not, the way I understand it, you would not get both. You may not get any. Read all the details and fine print. There were order placement cutoff dates to qualify for price protection.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have not yet placed an order yet, then none of this applies to you, as the details in post is for 2022MY only.

We do know that early reservation holders will be price protected through 2023—Ford has committed to that already—but don't have any details about how exactly that will work yet. I would assume Ford will offer a price protection certificate that is based off your reservation or pre-Oct 1st, 2021 order. BUT, that's just speculation on my part at this point.

I do plan on creating an equivalent 2023MY post once Ford releases those details though.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PSA for those who are watching this thread....

Today Ford announced the second round of price increases for 2022MY.
  • Base - $500
  • Big Bend - $500
  • Outer Banks - $500
Black Diamond, Badlands, and Wildtrak have not seen any price increases.

For the vast majority of us, these price increases will be covered under the standard retail price protection, and is nothing more than something to take note of when you go to pick up your vehicle. (Basically, check your dealer's math.)

I do not know if this invalidates PGM#38446 yet and if a new program was created cover these new prices... trying to get that info but still early in the morning and almost everyone I've talked to is either still drinking coffee or busy preparing for the 2023MY F-150 launch next week. Once I have that information I'll update my first post. First post has been updated, and is correct to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited:

Chirico

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One quick question I have.

This price protection is for DEALER or directly to the reservation holders?

My agreement with my dealer is dealer invoice and they are keeping their promise but refused to do any with the price protection.
Selling price is based on MY 22 dealer invoice. (So I am still paying for my BD modular bumper)
I am an early reservation holder and there is already certificate for MY22 price increase under my ford account.

My dealer says the certificate goes directly to them and they don’t think they need to honor it to me since they are selling it with invoice price (MY22 though).

Is that true?
The certificate goes directly to the dealer and they are not obligated to honor it to the reservation holder?

My dealer has been good and I still like them.
Just trying to understand what I deserve with the price protection from FORD.

much appreciated,
G

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One quick question I have.

This price protection is for DEALER or directly to the reservation holders?

My agreement with my dealer is dealer invoice and they are keeping their promise but refused to do any with the price protection.
Selling price is based on MY 22 dealer invoice. (So I am still paying for my BD modular bumper)
I am an early reservation holder and there is already certificate for MY22 price increase under my ford account.

My dealer says the certificate goes directly to them and they don’t think they need to honor it to me since they are selling it with invoice price (MY22 though).

Is that true?
The certificate goes directly to the dealer and they are not obligated to honor it to the reservation holder?

My dealer has been good and I still like them.
Just trying to understand what I deserve with the price protection from FORD.

much appreciated,
G
The price protection certificates that are apart of the two programs are for customers only. Dealers do not get any cut of that… the rebate gets passed directly to the customer.

Retail price protection is for both the dealer and the customer. The customer gets the difference in the MSRP and the dealer gets the difference in dealer invoice price.

For both of the price protection programs, the dealer can either reduce the purchase price of the vehicle, or they can charge the customer full price and reimburse the customer after delivery. For the price protection programs the check will come directly from Ford. For retail price protection the check will come from your dealer.

Keep in mind this is only when your dealer is charging MSRP. Ultimately the final price is whatever you agreed with the dealer on. So if you agreed upon dealer invoice, then that’s the agreement, and that’s what you get.

Last edited:

TiFi

Wildtrak
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The price protection certificates that are apart of the two programs are for customers only. Dealers do not get any cut of that… the rebate gets passed directly to the customer.

Retail price protection is for both the dealer and the customer. The customer gets the difference in the MSRP and the dealer gets the difference in dealer invoice price.

For both of the price protection programs, the dealer can either reduce the purchase price of the vehicle, or they can charge the customer full price and reimburse the customer after delivery. For the price protection programs the check will come directly from Ford. For retail price protection the check will come from your dealer.

Keep in mind this is only when your dealer is charging MSRP. Ultimately the final price is whatever you agreed with the dealer on. So if you agreed upon dealer invoice, then that’s the agreement, and that’s what you get.

TiFi

Wildtrak
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I need some help here.

reservation date 07/15/2000

wildtrak model at time of reservation
Upgrade to HOSS is the only change I ever made

picked up my bronco yesterday and only $695 price protection

Is this correct ?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need some help here.

reservation date 07/15/2000

wildtrak model at time of reservation
Upgrade to HOSS is the only change I ever made

picked up my bronco yesterday and only $695 price protection

Is this correct ?
Easiest thing to do is just build your exact configuration today on Build & Price. Your Wildtrak should have costed $2,445 less than what is listed as today.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wanted to say thank you for this thread, it was very helpful. I made my purchase this Saturday, and the dealer applied the price protection w/o any fuss or work on my end!

Sponsored

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most on here have reservations and work the flow chart easily. I do not have a reservation and placed an order December 2021. I had the dealer change only the color at the end of March. It seems like I would still be protected from mid year price increase because I kept the rest of the order the same (no change in trim, package, etc). BUT the flow chart makes it look like I don't receive price protection. Any clue if I still have price protection for the non reservation 12/21 order with color change done on 3/23/2022?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most on here have reservations and work the flow chart easily. I do not have a reservation and placed an order December 2021. I had the dealer change only the color at the end of March. It seems like I would still be protected from mid year price increase because I kept the rest of the order the same (no change in trim, package, etc). BUT the flow chart makes it look like I don't receive price protection. Any clue if I still have price protection for the non reservation 12/21 order with color change done on 3/23/2022?
Oh.... whoops!! Good catch. You do get the retail price protection, my bad.

One of my "No" lines disappeared after I edited the flow chart to include details regarding the July price increases from two weeks ago. Just fixed the flow chart, should make more sense now.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, I'm SOL on price protection. 😒 Reserved Big Bend on 8/16/2020. Then on 3/16/2021, my dealer rep asked for my build so as to meet the ordering deadline and avoid Ford canceling my reservation and essentially bopped to the back of the line; but I reiterated I wanted a modular top and was willing to wait till they're available in 2022 (didn't get available).

Since he insisted that the build will prevent Ford from canceling my reservation, I sent him an OBX build in AMB, I was gravitating towards, at the time.

Come 2022 I decided to go with the original Big Big Bend I had reserved but with Lightning Blue due to the 86ed AMB. Apparently, that is a no-no for @FordMotorCompany, according to their marketing call center rep. They offered me a $100 gift card for my troubles. 🙄

My order gets here in a couple of weeks and the whole ordering process with @FordMotorCompany and their dealers running roughshod with their communications stinking up the experience.

So, this Bronco journey is very anticlimactic for many original reservation holders for a myriad of reason, and Ford and their dealers need to shape up, or they're gonna go the way of Kodak and Blockbuster.

It's hard to recommend a product or company with these kinds of customer experiences that Bronco reservation holders and buyers have had to take from the whole disjointed execution with communication, pricing, ADMs and dealer malfeasance over the last two years
Ford Bronco The Ultimate 2022MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart Screenshot_20220802-164330
Ford Bronco The Ultimate 2022MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart Screenshot_20220802-170753

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright... so based on my daily browsing of this forum, it is clear that the price protection system Ford has created for us is confusing both for customers and for dealers. So I'm going to attempt to help the situation and give clarity to it. Keep in mind this is intended for customers in the United States. Customers in Canada have their own program(s), but I don't know those details (apologies to our northern neighbors).

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

Generally speaking there are three price protection programs in play:
  • Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there will be an updated 2023MY program at some point in the future for those who gets pushed or are holding out until 2023.
  • PGM#38446 - This program is effectively an addendum to the PGM#38406 to protect order holders from the 2022.5MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY.
IMPORTANT JULY 15th, 2022 UPDATE
On July 15th, Ford implemented their second round of price increases for the 2022MY—details here. As far as I know, PGM#38446 is still the correct program number, and covers both the March and the July price increases. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the March 2022 price increases, and Column C is the price protection money from the July 2022 price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

Ford Bronco The Ultimate 2022MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart Screenshot_20220802-170753

If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:

Thank you for preparing this, I'm still confused but you gave me hope!

I ordered on 11/05/2021 and last week got a vin number so I better pay attention to this!

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone get any help from ford on this? I mean the company not dealer. My dealer refused it.
Sponsored