EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh.... whoops!! Good catch. You do get the retail price protection, my bad.

One of my "No" lines disappeared after I edited the flow chart to include details regarding the July price increases from two weeks ago. Just fixed the flow chart, should make more sense now.
Hi, you must be getting a million questions about this and I'm hoping you can handle 1 more?

I ordered on 11/05/2021, base model, 2 door, manual, with aux switches, and then changed color at no cost increase, do I qualify for price protection?

Thanks!!
Sponsored

nielsens2001

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone get any help from ford on this? I mean the company not dealer. My dealer refused it.
Nope….dealer refused, making excuses I wasn’t eligible. Reached out to Ford and they confirmed my eligibility but said it was with dealer to honor it, they would not get involved.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope….dealer refused, making excuses I wasn’t eligible. Reached out to Ford and they confirmed my eligibility but said it was with dealer to honor it, they would not get involved.
Same situation here. Dealers are scum as a rule. Hope the get rid of them.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, you must be getting a million questions about this and I'm hoping you can handle 1 more?

I ordered on 11/05/2021, base model, 2 door, manual, with aux switches, and then changed color at no cost increase, do I qualify for price protection?

Thanks!!
Yes you have retail price protection (columns B and C on my original post) as long as you are delivered a model year 2022 Bronco.

If you get bumped to a 2023MY Bronco... we don't know yet. Ford hasn't said.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes you have retail price protection (columns B and C on my original post) as long as you are delivered a model year 2022 Bronco.

If you get bumped to a 2023MY Bronco... we don't know yet. Ford hasn't said.
Thank you!!

Sponsored

mediaMark

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX8, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's my experience...
- No reservation...
- 12/06/2021 - Ordered 2-door base model
- 04/19/2022 - Received build completed email
- 05/30/2022 - Took delivery

Difference in MSRP from order date to delivery was $1500, dealer indicated I'd be getting a check refund in 45 - 60 days
- 07/28/2022 - Received 'price protection refund' of $462
- 08/03/2022 - Dealer shows me the INVOICE difference of $462, but from an invoice dated 04/06/2022 and the 'corrected' one dated late July.

So yeah, dealer is washing their hands saying it's all from Ford Corporate. Once I saw the April 6 invoice date I realized that dealer was invoiced after the vehicle started production, and had nothing to do with the order date. When I asked them how I had control over their invoicing date, and my point of reference is an ORDER date/pricing, they were quick to point out the order sheet says 'not an invoice'. Okay, but still, I had ordered 3 months prior to the March 2022 increase... and if it's based on an April invoice date (which is after March) then why am I getting anything back? No answer to that questions, but Dealer is going to call Ford to inquire, but honestly, they don't care.

Clutch22

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Alright... so based on my daily browsing of this forum, it is clear that the price protection system Ford has created for us is confusing both for customers and for dealers. So I'm going to attempt to help the situation and give clarity to it. Keep in mind this is intended for customers in the United States. Customers in Canada have their own program(s), but I don't know those details (apologies to our northern neighbors).

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

Generally speaking there are three price protection programs in play:
  • Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there will be an updated 2023MY program at some point in the future for those who gets pushed or are holding out until 2023.
  • PGM#38446 - This program is effectively an addendum to the PGM#38406 to protect order holders from the 2022.5MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY.
IMPORTANT JULY 15th, 2022 UPDATE
On July 15th, Ford implemented their second round of price increases for the 2022MY—details here. As far as I know, PGM#38446 is still the correct program number, and covers both the March and the July price increases. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the March 2022 price increases, and Column C is the price protection money from the July 2022 price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

MY2022-PriceProtectionChart.jpg

MY2022_Price_Protection_Flowchart.png

If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
I need help guys. So my bronco BD I ordered on 3/4/22 finally arrived and the dealership says the MSRP had increased since I signed the order sheet, by $1300 to be exact. Now they are charging me the adjusted amount of the new MSRP, aside from an ADM of $2500 that I agreed to pay upon placing the order. Now I know that other places had no ADM on orders placed but whatever. Anyway my question is: is there price protection for orders made in march 2022 before the window closed? Because the dealership is unwilling to stick to the MSRP I agreed to, the salesman shows me a price protection paper that he wants me to sign but says there’s “no guarantee“ that Ford will reimburse. Am I getting fleeced out of more money or is it legit. I’m already giving them an ADM. Any advise would be greatly appreciate.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need help guys. So my bronco BD I ordered on 3/4/22 finally arrived and the dealership says the MSRP had increased since I signed the order sheet, by $1300 to be exact. Now they are charging me the adjusted amount of the new MSRP, aside from an ADM of $2500 that I agreed to pay upon placing the order. Now I know that other places had no ADM on orders placed but whatever. Anyway my question is: is there price protection for orders made in march 2022 before the window closed? Because the dealership is unwilling to stick to the MSRP I agreed to, the salesman shows me a price protection paper that he wants me to sign but says there’s “no guarantee“ that Ford will reimburse. Am I getting fleeced out of more money or is it legit. I’m already giving them an ADM. Any advise would be greatly appreciate.
You have retail price protection, standard for all Ford vehicles. Should be $1250 for the Bronco BD 4-door.

Clutch22

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So is retail price protection generated by dealership or do I have to take it up with ford after the sale?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is retail price protection generated by dealership or do I have to take it up with ford after the sale?
Dealer should be providing it. Then Ford will reimburse the dealer the difference in invoice pricing 30-45 days after the reported sale of the vehicle as long as the vehicle is sold to the original order holder.

Some dealers get nervous and are hesitant to provide the protected price because they afraid Ford won't reimburse them. Because of that, some dealers won't provide you the original price up front. Instead those dealers will opt to send you a check after they've received their reimbursement from Ford. But, in my opinion, you as the customer should have to worry about that. (Especially since many dealers conveniently "forget" to send you the check afterwards.)

@FordVideoGuy made an excellent video on this topic awhile ago that you can reference and share with your dealer. Why this topic is hard for so many dealers I have no idea... they're just bad at their jobs I guess. But if they have any questions they should be talking to their zone rep.

Sponsored

Clutch22

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealer should be providing it. Then Ford will reimburse the dealer the difference in invoice pricing 30-45 days after the reported sale of the vehicle as long as the vehicle is sold to the original order holder.

Some dealers get nervous and are hesitant to provide the protected price because they afraid Ford won't reimburse them. Because of that, some dealers won't provide you the original price up front. Instead those dealers will opt to send you a check after they've received their reimbursement from Ford. But, in my opinion, you as the customer should have to worry about that. (Especially since many dealers conveniently "forget" to send you the check afterwards.)

@FordVideoGuy made an excellent video on this topic awhile ago that you can reference and share with your dealer. Why this topic is hard for so many dealers I have no idea... they're just bad at their jobs I guess. But if they have any questions they should be talking to their zone rep.

Thank you for the info you shared. It definitely is educational. My salesman was dodgy at best, and until I asked why the discrepancy, he didn’t even bring up the price protection paper. Made me seriously think twice

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Question for whoever can help ...

Background - Currently have a BD, mid, SAS 99'd waiting out the white hardtop, early second day reservation and all dates for orders are before the deadlines.

Today I spoke with my dealer about possibly switching over to "unlimited" Heritage so I could get my white top if it's not offered a la carte. They said I'd lose all price protection, is that correct? The first increase was only based on the order you had in at the time which was BD so that should be $975 and should reflect in Vincent correct?

The other two confuse me a bit but are based on keeping the exact same model, no changes across the trims right?

So, if I switch to the Heritage should I qualify for at least the first protection increase but not 2nd and 3rd?

Hopefully Ford will release whatever protection offer for '23 soon, I'd prefer not to lose all my price protection just to get a mod top that was supposed to be out for MY21.

Thanks!

TX_Hoss_3.0

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 4X4 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Background - Currently have a BD, mid, SAS 99'd waiting out the white hardtop, early second day reservation and all dates for orders are before the deadlines.

Today I spoke with my dealer about possibly switching over to "unlimited" Heritage so I could get my white top if it's not offered a la carte. They said I'd lose all price protection, is that correct? The first increase was only based on the order you had in at the time which was BD so that should be $975 and should reflect in Vincent correct?

The other two confuse me a bit but are based on keeping the exact same model, no changes across the trims right?

So, if I switch to the Heritage should I qualify for at least the first protection increase but not 2nd and 3rd?

Hopefully Ford will release whatever protection offer for '23 soon, I'd prefer not to lose all my price protection just to get a mod top that was supposed to be out for MY21.

Thanks!
Ask your dealer to show you every revision of your “Preview Order Summary”. There will be a “Price Level” 3-digit code on each revision if you have more revisions than your original. If the code has changed then your price has probably changed and it should show the MSRP and the Invoiced price of each line item of your order.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks!
Truthfully we don't know because Ford hasn't released all the information on 2023 price protection yet.

BUT, those who switched to a Bronco Raptor or the Everglades trim this past year lost all of their price protection. Those trims weren't even available when you initially ordered your vehicle, and therefore Ford isn't under any obligation to price protect it. I would assume the same will be true for both the Heritage and Heritage Limited trims in 2023, and you will not have any price protection available to you if you switch to those trims.

BUT, just a guess. We don't know yet.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Truthfully we don't know because Ford hasn't released all the information on 2023 price protection yet.

BUT, those who switched to a Bronco Raptor or the Everglades trim this past year lost all of their price protection. Those trims weren't even available when you initially ordered your vehicle, and therefore Ford isn't under any obligation to price protect it. I would assume the same will be true for both the Heritage and Heritage Limited trims in 2023, and you will not have any price protection available to you if you switch to those trims.

BUT, just a guess. We don't know yet.
I think it's more than a guess... it's an educated guess. One thing Ford has not wavered on is that changing a trim will cost you price protection.
Sponsored