Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I referred mine out to the Better Business Bureau pop probably pissing’ the wind, but I don’t know what else to do other than the hire a lawyer, and spend more on it than I would get back if I won. It’s not like a piss. Poor dealer is a surprise to me haven’t really met a good one yet.
Sponsored

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad my price protection is $0 for my Badlands 2 door in column C... 🙃

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I referred mine out to the Better Business Bureau pop probably pissing’ the wind, but I don’t know what else to do other than the hire a lawyer, and spend more on it than I would get back if I won. It’s not like a piss. Poor dealer is a surprise to me haven’t really met a good one yet.
Don’t even mention lawyer, it’s a stupid idea. No offense, I paid enough to lawyers to know it’s stupid idea!

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don’t even mention lawyer, it’s a stupid idea. No offense, I paid enough to lawyers to know it’s stupid idea!
Agree. Just one of those things you can’t do anything about. 😞

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, if things get bad enough, take to social media and all those review sites they sent links to. Cancel culture is real (it sucks but it’s real), and nothing makes a company work harder to make things right than an avalanche of bad press. I’d only go that route as an absolute last resort though.

Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly, if things get bad enough, take to social media and all those review sites they sent links to. Cancel culture is real (it sucks but it’s real), and nothing makes a company work harder to make things right than an avalanche of bad press. I’d only go that route as an absolute last resort though.
Yep. I will let y’all know what comes of the BBB complaint. I may be surprised and they could do the right thing. Who knows.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would think an up and coming journalist who knows their way around social media could make a hell of a story out of all of our complaints regarding policy changes, retro active pricing changes and lack communication, placement in line and etc.

Do you guys think that a thread of information, not the usual feedback and back and forth, but rather one that has some of the spreadsheets some of the members have put together, and some of the PR and information posted in one place. Those could be linked to their threads for more information. But this would mainly be "notes", data and information for the press to work with.

Two things: One, get enough info and data together and a news magazine could pick it up; 60 minutes have done shorts on lesser automobile stories, or a interweb writer, like Yahoo.

And two, Ford does watch these boards and may feel some heat as they see us gathering info and organizing it.

What do you guys think? I've been impressed with some of your guys knowledge about the "behind the scenes", spread sheets and data mining, so why not take that info and make a "cheat sheet" with info for a Social Media Journalist.

Last edited:

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would think an up and coming journalist who knows their way around social media could make a hell of a story out of all of our complaints regarding policy changes, retro active pricing changes and lack communication, placement in line ant etc.

Do you guys think that a tread of information, not the usual feedback and back and forth, but rather one that has some of the spreadsheet some of the members have put together, and some of the PR and information posted in one place. Those could be linked to their threads for more information. But this would mainly be "notes, data and information for the press to work with.

Two things: One, get enough info and data together and a news magazine could pick it up; 60 minutes done shorts on lesser automobile stories, or a interweb writer, like Yahoo.

And two, Ford does watch these boards and may feel some heat as they see us gathering info and organizing it.

What do you guys think? I've been impressed with some of your guys knowledge about the "behind the scenes", spread sheets and data mining, so why not take that info and make a "cheat sheet" with info for a Social Media Journalist.
Not a bad idea. I’d certainly send in my info. It’s frustrating that an experience that should have been such a great thing for so many of us has turned into a nightmare with how dealers have chosen to handle things.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think an up and coming journalist who knows their way around social media could make a hell of a story out of all of our complaints regarding policy changes, retro active pricing changes and lack communication, placement in line and etc.

Do you guys think that a thread of information, not the usual feedback and back and forth, but rather one that has some of the spreadsheets some of the members have put together, and some of the PR and information posted in one place. Those could be linked to their threads for more information. But this would mainly be "notes", data and information for the press to work with.

Two things: One, get enough info and data together and a news magazine could pick it up; 60 minutes have done shorts on lesser automobile stories, or a interweb writer, like Yahoo.

Yeah it's a good idea, I don't know how far the press will take it though. It's already been reported a few times (for multiple manufactures, not just Ford) and Ford's answer is going to be a generic "dealers are independent businesses and Ford cannot dictate final pricing," which is... honestly... 100% true.

It just really comes down to your dealer. My dealer, for example, was absolutely fantastic. Provided ever piece of price protection Ford offered, and the general sales manager even took a phone call on his day off to resolve an issue they encountered. Other people obviously get stuck with horrific dealers who have no business selling vehicles in my opinion.

The only thing you could really pin Ford on is not being completely up-front to customers about exactly how the allocation system works and how it impacts when you get scheduled. Ford didn't retro-actively change pricing, the didn't make any out-of-the-ordinary policy changes, and other than not being up-front about vehicles stranded at dirt mountain—they communicated everything that needed to be communicated.

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah it's a good idea, I don't know how far the press will take it though. It's already been reported a few times (for multiple manufactures, not just Ford) and Ford's answer is going to be a generic "dealers are independent businesses and Ford cannot dictate final pricing," which is... honestly... 100% true.

It just really comes down to your dealer. My dealer, for example, was absolutely fantastic. Provided ever piece of price protection Ford offered, and the general sales manager even took a phone call on his day off to resolve an issue they encountered. Other people obviously get stuck with horrific dealers who have no business selling vehicles in my opinion.

The only thing you could really pin Ford on is not being completely up-front to customers about exactly how the allocation system works and how it impacts when you get scheduled. Ford didn't retro-actively change pricing, the didn't make any out-of-the-ordinary policy changes, and other than not being up-front about vehicles stranded at dirt mountain—they communicated everything that needed to be communicated.
I think the problem a lot of people have in terms of price protection (both the bronco and standard retail programs) is that those are Ford policies and can be found on the corporate site. If they can’t enforce their own policies then it’s a terrible look, and in my opinion is worse than some dealers going rogue and being shady. If they can’t do anything about it, they should have left it to the dealers to make their own policies on an individual basis.

Sponsored

ingsy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for this thread, saved me 2k on my Bronco. I even sent the link to my dealer. Best of luck to all those waiting to hear back on price protection.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford didn't retro-actively change pricing, the didn't make any out-of-the-ordinary policy changes
What are you talking about? MY 2021 B&P was up for months before PP was announced and it was retro active back to March 19th, 2021. When we ordered and placed our deposits it was still MY21, then retro actively going back to March 19th, 2021 in July, months after. They took our reservation and deposit for MY21 and then months later said only reservations from before March 19 are price protected. Than saying a 2nd group of us are getting MY22.5 price protection if no changes made, but we was told that and read it after I added something so I lost that PP too.

I had a conversation with customer service wanting clarification on when and what changes effect PP for the second group and was told "any changes that costs more, then you lose your 2nd group PP". Did the dealer mention this when I made the changes? NO! He basically says later that he didn't know, it was confusing and Ford kept changing things.

I ask if I can change back to original order and get MY22.5 PP back? NO!

So, if you wanted to spend more money on your Bronco because Ford's marketing worked, you learn more about what you were buying by going to the Bronco Off Roadeo, KOH base camp, and other events you lose PP.

That seems extreme to me and just an excuse to say no to PP and to raise prices because they decided to build walk-in orders from Jan & Feb of 2022 instead of orders from reservations that aren't PP because they can raise prices on them, again.

But walk-ins from 2022 are posting Bandlands and Wildtrak with LUX and Tow builds being built this Oct. Yet, my reservation (May 21), ordered (Oct 21) has been pushed to MY23 and my price is going up again!

My dealer says "Ford decides the order of builds and there is no line, I've seen similar orders that were dated after get built before same orders dated before, and I don't know why, we have no say in it."

Yea, Right! Some ADM and priority codes manipulation?

They delivered two similar builds as mine, the reservations were made just after mine and He said, "[minor] changes including color put me behind them."

Really Ford, any excuse to get more money from non PP orders.

I don't understand how you think dating PP back to March 19ths month later while B&P was still accepting MY21 builds for months after March 19th is not retro price increases?

Last edited:
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand how you think dating PP back to March 19ths month later while B&P was still accepting MY21 builds for months after March 19th is not retro price increases?
None of the price protections were retroactive. Maybe you didn't read about them until months later, but all of the price protections were announced shortly before or immediately after their cutoff dates.

The early reservation price protection, for example, Ford announced price protection for early reservation holders on the week of March 22nd, 2021... the Monday after their cutoff date of March 19th, 2021.

Obviously can't speak for everyone, but that's not retroactive in my book. If they announced price protection in October 2021 and arbitrarily made the cutoff March 19th, 2021... then yeah, I would be pissed about that. But it was literally the next business day after the cutoff date.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

None of the price protections were retroactive. Maybe you didn't read about them until months later, but all of the price protections were announced shortly before or immediately after their cutoff dates.

The early reservation price protection, for example, Ford announced price protection for early reservation holders on the week of March 22nd, 2021... the Monday after their cutoff date of March 19th, 2021.

Obviously can't speak for everyone, but that's not retroactive in my book. If they announced price protection in October 2021 and arbitrarily made the cutoff March 19th, 2021... then yeah, I would be pissed about that. But it was literally the next business day after the cutoff date.
I didn't join this board until a month after my reservation, so any announcement Ford made regarding PP wasn't known; we hadn't even heard of price protection or had any knowledge of it since it wasn't up front when you entered the B&P.

My argument is pretty simple, the B&P should have been updated to show the actual prices we were agreeing to, not wait until July or sometime to announce new prices to those us that didn't know anything about PP.

If your saying Ford has been crystal clear in their communications to all customers than I would understand, But I know you know Ford hasn't been good at all regarding clear communications on what's happening.

So, can't you see where a person can look at a Bronco for the first time in May 21 and decide to reserve on the B&P at $28,500 would say, since the B&P showed that price we should have PP?

Are you saying those of us outside of the Bronco community before March 19th should have known the B&P was incorrect and that while we were agreeing to buy a Bronco at $28,500, the fact that now it's $31,300 and going up again is OK because of info NOT on the B&P?

If they announced the PP on March 22, why couldn't Ford either change the price on the B&P?
Or.
Put up a disclaimer box like they have now when you start the B&P regarding supply chain and availability, couldn't they have put that up before we used the B&P regarding no PP for new reservations?
Or.
Better yet, due to too many reservations, stop taking reservations until the B&P was updated. They should have shut the reservations down well before they did, too many, and I may not have been able to order. That would have been better than to get both financially and (admittedly emotionally) invested in the Bronco.

I don't need a Bronco as many ask when someone is unhappy waiting, but after attending so many events and buying collecting swag and clothing it sucks to be treated like this and basically told so what. This (hopefully no accidents or anything) will be my last new car purchase and is the right truck/suv for my desired lifestyle during retirement. Trying to live healthier and enjoying the type of lifestyle a Bronco can bring with it.

Bottom line, even if I'm wrong about the details of PP, can we agree that Ford could have handled this and many other things better along with communicating them to potential buyers not in the club and not in the know?

A simple pop up (like they have now) before using the B&P would have stopped me from thinking I was buying a base for $28,500.

Add the problems regarding scheduling or lack of fairness in walk-ins from '22 getting loaded builds scheduled before '20& '22 reservations and the frustration continues.

It would suck after all this time, with multiple events attended and support given to Ford (we all talk them up) to not be able to buy one or to have to pay $5,000 more; I could have offered that to the dealer to jump the line. Probably would have gotten roasted on this site for paying it, though, but I'd have my Bronco as ordered.

It just doesn't feel right to wear all the Bronco clothing and hats I have when I don't even own one; I got a lot of nice stuff too.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It would suck after all this time, multiple events attended and support given to Ford (we all talk them up) to not be able to buy one or to have to pay $5,000 more; I could have offered that to the dealer to jump the line. Probably would have gotten roasted on this site for paying it, though, but I'd have my Bronco as ordered.

It just doesn't feel right to wear all the Bronco clothing and hats I have when I don't even own one; I got a lot of nice stuff too.
This is self inflicted, but Its even worse for some, I was price protected at invoice from my MY21 order, but then Ford gave me an option that would guarantee me an upgrade jump to a we will build it sooner line, well boy did Ford screw me on that deal (Brapator). It was my choice but it will cost me over 18k more and climbing. I still dont have one should of never taken the deal if I knew what I know today oh well. Now there is a new price protection program for MY23 conversions, cant wait to see that one, but it doesnt help or offset if interest rates blow up another 2%. I also have all the ridiculous Bronco collection stuff including some RC stuff.
Sponsored