Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is self inflicted
How is it self inflicted to use Ford's website to order at a price shown and not know the price shown wasn't the actually price if Ford didn't tell us on the B&P and the price was wrong?

Your saying new customers should have known to do ALL their homework regarding the incorrect price on the B&P and dig deep before using the tool that Ford provided? How is it self inflicted to order/reserve a car using their site and the information on the site at the time is incorrect self inflected?

Your saying I should have looked harder before using the B&P to verify the price I was agreeing to?

I didn't know that ordering a car took more than filling out the order form, now we have to verify the price on their tool is correct before using their tool? Wow, and people complain about dealerships.

I'd like to add, you had a choice and knew up front if you go with a Braptor you lose PP, I didn't have a choice regarding any pricing change to the B&P.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like there is no reason to believe there will be any price protection for MY23 converted orders for those who originally reserved and ordered after March 19,2021.

The best we can reasonably expect is that we can avoid 23.5MY increases if orders are placed prior to March of next year.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, this is one of the biggest messes I've ever seen.
@Ford Motor Company... can we do something to uncross the lines of communication on this issue?
It has come up MANY times and more than a few people have been cheated out of price protection funds owed them.

Bronco Marketing team (Bronco hotline) says the dealer must contact the zone rep in order to get the certificate generated and assigned to my order in Vincent. They verified that I am, indeed, eligible (July 2020 res/Feb 2021 order).
Dealer says the zone rep is saying he cannot generate certificates as the marketing team suggests, yet the certificates exist only if they create them?

I just opened a case with Ford customer support... we'll see what happens. 🤷‍♂️

It's $1750, I'm not just going to let it slide.

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, this is one of the biggest messes I've ever seen.
@Ford Motor Company... can we do something to uncross the lines of communication on this issue?
It has come up MANY times and more than a few people have been cheated out of price protection funds owed them.

Bronco Marketing team (Bronco hotline) says the dealer must contact the zone rep in order to get the certificate generated and assigned to my order in Vincent. They verified that I am, indeed, eligible (July 2020 res/Feb 2021 order).
Dealer says the zone rep is saying he cannot generate certificates as the marketing team suggests, yet the certificates exist only if they create them?

I just opened a case with Ford customer support... we'll see what happens. 🤷‍♂️

It's $1750, I'm not just going to let it slide.
Hope this helps, I was also going back and forth between Ford Cus svc and the dealer, finally got the dealer to give me the Zone Reps name and contact info. The zone rep was great, contacted my dealer directly and within a few hours I had a new signed agreement showing the full price protection I was due. I can't prove it, but I don't think my dealer ever contacted the zone rep like they said. I guarantee they are aware of the procedure, they are just playing dumb to keep the reimbursement. See if you can get the zone rep's info. Good luck.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hope this helps, I was also going back and forth between Ford Cus svc and the dealer, finally got the dealer to give me the Zone Reps name and contact info. The zone rep was great, contacted my dealer directly and within a few hours I had a new signed agreement showing the full price protection I was due. I can't prove it, but I don't think my dealer ever contacted the zone rep like they said. I guarantee they are aware of the procedure, they are just playing dumb to keep the reimbursement. See if you can get the zone rep's info. Good luck.
Yeah, the stink of it all is, I caught my dealer in a straight up lie.
He was complaining about the lack of communication from Ford and that the zone rep had told him that he can't do what needs to be done. The sales rep also said he was swamped with all of the sales and really didn't have time to keep calling. So, I said, why don't you give me the zone rep's name/number/email and I'll contact him. His reply... "I don't even have his contact info, we can't call them directly, it has to be management".
So, which is it? Did you contact the rep and he said he can't do it, or you don't have his contact info and cannot contact him?

FFS... What a joke.

@Ford Motor Company needs to address this.
Not with us individually, but at least clear the internal lines of communication and put a process in place. If it takes a Vincent certificate to ensure price protection is applied, then make sure all eligible individuals have certificates in place.

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So... update... The dealer began ignoring calls and emails. Prior to this they only took days to respond with BS excuses about how busy they were.

I took it upon myself to figure out who the zone manager was and sleuth down his contact info.
After a few hours of research, I sent a brief email asking for help. Within hours I received an email and a call from and great, down to earth individual who is also a Bronco enthusiast and has one on order (pushed to 2023) also.
He did a bit of research and will have this all corrected shortly. Not only the $695 certificate my lazy excuse for a dealer found in Vincent, but also the additional $1750 from the March increase AND the $100 which has been added to destination and delivery. I know for a fact they didn't attempt to contact the zone manager, because he wasn't aware of my situation and had a quick plan to remedy.

I sent an email to the dealer notifying them that I had taken care of it and the full $2545 would be coming off the price of the vehicle prior to sale. I really don't care if they respond.

Go ahead and ask me to fill out your f*#king survey with all 5s explaining how great of a job you did!

Thanks @Ford Motor Company, I got it.
Never mind the help request.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I finally got my price protection check, slightly less than I expected, but overall happy.

Reserved (a 2 and 4 door) with Granger in October 2020, realized I had about 0 chance to get the 2 door I wanted so placed an order on 12/7/2021 with a local dealer. Took delivery in July, expecting to pay $38765 but walked in to see $40,365 ($1500 22.5 plus $100 destination).

Pushed back and somehow they applied the $400 Big Bend 21 to 22 cert from my Granger reservation to get me to $39,965 and promised if they got the Retail Order Price Protection check that they would cut me a check. Took 2.5 months, but I got a check for $1410 to take my Bronco to $38,555 which was about MSRP of my original build at Granger.

snowman77

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm assuming tube doors are price protected as well as it looks like those increased by $500.

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting the run around on price protection as well. I got bumped from MY21 to MY22 and now it's arrived at the dealer. My sales guy at Laura Ford of Sullivan says he can't find anything in smart vincent, yet he agrees I qualify (Reservation made 7/2020, Order place Feb of 2021). He said they have other customers that have made claims by calling the Bronco support team number but are still waiting weeks with no resolution. I called the support team and was transferred 7 times, eventually getting to a "marketing team" that gave me an offer number which turns out isn't even applicable to the Bronco - clearly they just wanted to get me off the phone.

Sales guy also claims that the zone reps can't do anything yet it seems some members on here have had success. @Ford Motor Company can you help me with this? Does anyone know who the zone rep is for Laura Ford of Sullivan, MO?

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm getting the run around on price protection as well. I got bumped from MY21 to MY22 and now it's arrived at the dealer. My sales guy at Laura Ford of Sullivan says he can't find anything in smart vincent, yet he agrees I qualify (Reservation made 7/2020, Order place Feb of 2021). He said they have other customers that have made claims by calling the Bronco support team number but are still waiting weeks with no resolution. I called the support team and was transferred 7 times, eventually getting to a "marketing team" that gave me an offer number which turns out isn't even applicable to the Bronco - clearly they just wanted to get me off the phone.

Sales guy also claims that the zone reps can't do anything yet it seems some members on here have had success. @Ford Motor Company can you help me with this? Does anyone know who the zone rep is for Laura Ford of Sullivan, MO?

Same situation, same dealer. I'm having it handled by the zone rep. Look for a message.

In short, Mark and Chad are WORTHLESS.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, after 800+ days of waiting, I would like to bump down from Lux to High package. I'm keeping everything else exactly the same. Is that going to blow any type of price protection I might get having a day 2 rez?

Thanks for anyone who has some wisdom...

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok, after 800+ days of waiting, I would like to bump down from Lux to High package. I'm keeping everything else exactly the same. Is that going to blow any type of price protection I might get having a day 2 rez?

Thanks for anyone who has some wisdom...
No, you're not changing trim, number of doors or 4x4 configuration. If you were pushed to MY23 and have to reorder, get the name and contacted info for the Ford Zone Rep from your dealer when you place the reorder. It will come in handy if your dealer drags his feet about it. If you don't have it already also get the certificate from Ford Customer Svc before you go, that is the price protection for MY21, when the you take delivery and your dealer completes the COVP is when you will receive the Retail Price Protection for MY22. Keep an eye out for any announcements for MY23 price protection. Good luck!

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, you're not changing trim, number of doors or 4x4 configuration. If you were pushed to MY23 and have to reorder, get the name and contacted info for the Ford Zone Rep from your dealer when you place the reorder. It will come in handy if your dealer drags his feet about it. If you don't have it already also get the certificate from Ford Customer Svc before you go, that is the price protection for MY21, when the you take delivery and your dealer completes the COVP is when you will receive the Retail Price Protection for MY22. Keep an eye out for any announcements for MY23 price protection. Good luck!
Thank you, brother. I am going to DM you because I have a situation and don't want to start a thing on the board...

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you, brother. I am going to DM you because I have a situation and don't want to start a thing on the board...
Wait, what?? That's what this board is *for*! It's for starting things!!! ;)
Sponsored