First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The sport is a cool crossover but no matter what badging says if two vehicles do not share the same frame/chassis they can't be birds of a feather.

rlwoody

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban, Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!

And there you have it...I have done the unthinkable. Yesterday I marched into my local Ford dealer and ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands (no way I wasn't getting a Badlands!). Fully loaded, $40.1K out the door! (Dealer gave me a $750 discount --- maybe he felt sorry for me).

Funny thing is, I have never felt better about my Bronco choice. I know there are a lot of way more important things going on, but in the little Bronco universe that I have been swirling in of late, it felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. Black and white turned to color. I swear I saw a Munchkin yesterday hopping over my backyard fence.

Anyway, I put this out there to help any others that may know what the right choice should be, but think they are alone.

It is still a Bronco, after all.
At least your interior will make sense. And not come with that epilepsy warning that the Bronco interior has.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess the point is he's a marketing victim. He's been baited and switched based on nothing but a marketing gimmick - giving another vehicle a name to associate it with something it really isn't to generate sales of a product inferior to that that which it is associated.
He was not baited and switched, he knew exactly what these two veh
I guess the point is he's a marketing victim. He's been baited and switched based on nothing but a marketing gimmick - giving another vehicle a name to associate it with something it really isn't to generate sales of a product inferior to that that which it is associated.
We will have to agree to disagree -- no bait and switch here it was his decission and he knew what it was and what it isn't. Like I said, if you really want to get technical you and I are victims of a marketing gimmick for getting a regular Bronco. I'm not a victim however! I'm responsible for my own actions and decissions. BLM and JB supports are Victims -- I'm not in that camp!!

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The sport is a cool crossover but no matter what badging says if two vehicles do not share the same frame/chassis they can't be birds of a feather.
Man, don't tell that to Jeep...

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If only they named the sport something else (maybe ranchero, courier, or territory) seeing these posts wouldn’t be so painful or cause worries that Ford marketing hoodwinked someone.

So as long as OP and others chiming in they are thinking of doing the same know that the two Broncos have nothing in common other than 7 letters, good for them. But these are not going to be on any serious trails, if you took one to a 4x4 shop to get lifted you will get LOLd at,etc. But I admit is better looking than the escape and if my wife wanted one I wouldn’t disagree (except after modest options these are a rounding error from a Model Y so doubt she would).

MotownSpartan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape XLT 6cyl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From a few reviews I've seen looks like a pretty Bomb Cool ride! Like to get my GF in one of these.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!

And there you have it...I have done the unthinkable. Yesterday I marched into my local Ford dealer and ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands (no way I wasn't getting a Badlands!). Fully loaded, $40.1K out the door! (Dealer gave me a $750 discount --- maybe he felt sorry for me).

Funny thing is, I have never felt better about my Bronco choice. I know there are a lot of way more important things going on, but in the little Bronco universe that I have been swirling in of late, it felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. Black and white turned to color. I swear I saw a Munchkin yesterday hopping over my backyard fence.

Anyway, I put this out there to help any others that may know what the right choice should be, but think they are alone.

It is still a Bronco, after all.
Were you able to order your Badlands with the Badlands package? I’ve been trying to order for 3 weeks and the system won’t accept the order due to commodity issues. Orders with packages that are already in the queue are having their build dates delayed and no more new orders til further notice.

I’m bummed. I could try to find one already at a dealer but I want rapid red and there aren't any (and I want a few more upgrades). So I’ll have to wait a while to order what I want.

At this rate, I may receive my 2DR Badlands before my I get my Sport Badlands!

Last edited:

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Were you able to order your Badlands with the Badlands package? I’ve been trying to order for 3 weeks and the system won’t accept the order due to commodity issues. Orders with packages that are already in the queue are having their build dates delayed and no more new orders til further notice.

I’m bummed. I could try to find one already at a dealer but I want rapid red and there aren't any (and I want a few more upgrades). So I’ll have to wait.

At this rate, I may receive my 2DR Badlands before my I get my Sport Badlands!
Unfortunately even though the Fullsize Broncos are yet to go into production you can bet they are going to start running into the same issues as the Bronco Sport far as parts/commodity issues. COVID is still causing manufacturing issues across the globe and is only going to get worse over the next few months

bgmort

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If there were a slightly more spacious Bronco Sport, I'm pretty sure I'd be getting it. As of right now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Probably stick with my current Outback for a while, and reevaluate after I've been able to check out the Bronco in person.

OP
OP

Blindturtle

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifiniti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your going to have massive buyers remorse in like 6-9 months once you see the big boys out rolling.
Nah. I’m a big boy too. And have learned over the last 59 years to accept My decisions.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
The front end of the Sport is hideous but, aside from that, it would be my choice in its class. It also sounds plenty capable.
Sponsored