dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't seen it yet in-person but I'm not at all surprised to hear that it looks worse than it does in photos. It's a compact crossover based on the Escape, a pretty terrible place to start. So far, the Sport seems like the debacle that was the Bronco II, all over again.

The real Bronco is brilliantly designed, and will very likely age well as they haven't done anything too outrageous or trendy. The Sport is shiny and new (and capable, from what I've read) but it's not going to be nearly as desirable in the long term and will obviously depreciate much more quickly. I'd wager that for those financing it, they'll be upside down on it within two years once the real Bronco's supply has leveled out to properly meet demand, and anyone will be able to walk into a dealer to buy one.

Ford appears to be making a habit now out of diluting their best brands, and I'm not sure why. Seems very shortsighted.

As I said in my original post on this thread, the Sport is the one I'd likely choose in its class, despite its looks, but I'll never be shopping in the compact crossover class anyway, so it's moot. For those who are, I get it, and fortunately the way the exterior looks is irrelevant when you're driving the poor thing.
Don't get me wrong. I thinkbFord did a great job with the Sport, for what it is and the market they are targeting (the Outback and Compass crowd). It's just not my thing.
Sponsored

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!

And there you have it...I have done the unthinkable. Yesterday I marched into my local Ford dealer and ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands (no way I wasn't getting a Badlands!). Fully loaded, $40.1K out the door! (Dealer gave me a $750 discount --- maybe he felt sorry for me).

Funny thing is, I have never felt better about my Bronco choice. I know there are a lot of way more important things going on, but in the little Bronco universe that I have been swirling in of late, it felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. Black and white turned to color. I swear I saw a Munchkin yesterday hopping over my backyard fence.

Anyway, I put this out there to help any others that may know what the right choice should be, but think they are alone.

It is still a Bronco, after all.
congrats, its really cute :)

shorty

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2020 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm out today, at least for the next 3 years. I purchased a Bronco Sport Badlands that is more than adequate for my needs. I am grateful to the rest of the members here who will beta test the Bronco for the next 2 years and get all the kinks worked out and am looking forward to all the new features that will be available then. My reservation date was 8/26.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm out today, at least for the next 3 years. I purchased a Bronco Sport Badlands that is more than adequate for my needs. I am grateful to the rest of the members here who will beta test the Bronco for the next 2 years and get all the kinks worked out and am looking forward to all the new features that will be available then. My reservation date was 8/26.
Gave you a thumbs up even though I''m day 2. We all need to buy what will work for us. The Sport is Bad Ass. Congrats!!!!

OP
OP

Blindturtle

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifiniti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you order your Badlands or buy it off the lot? Did you get the "Badlands" package upgrade as well?

Sponsored

shorty

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2020 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you order your Badlands or buy it off the lot? Did you get the "Badlands" package upgrade as well?
I ordered the badlands with the "badlands" package in cyber orange. The CO color and the moonroof are late availability items so I don't expect to receive my vehicle anytime soon but at least I got it ordered with a $500 deposit.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Blindturtle
Not unthinkable at all! You're being realistic and saving yourself at least 15k. Lots of people in this forum and over at the wrangler forums wind up with a (very) expensive vehicle that they soon realize they'll likely never fully utilize, and they dump it after 6 months to a year.

It's hard to be happy in this age of immediate info and marketing constantly bombarding us. Takes discipline to be real with yourself and tune out all the crud.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it wasn't for that damn rotary shifter. I don't know if I could live with that.
Sponsored