First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
EVERY enthusiast model is trying this now.
Was fun with motorcycles and my jeep 20
Years ago. But now STI/WRX guys want it, vette guys want it. It’s just meh, now.
Also, when jeep was genuinely an enthusiast type of vehicle it was cool. But now there are more people that think it’s cute, or butch or some such shit. It’s just a neat looking car to them.
the bronco WILL be the same. In fact, it’s business model depends on more non enthusiasts to buy them then guys that really want an off-road toy.
this all true.

I have to wave on my motorcycle, I have to wave on my bicycle (that's right I'm one of them, deal with it), I had to wave when I owned a Wrangler.

Now I see my younger friends that have to wave to every vape pen owning Subaru or GTI driver.

When does it stop? Can't I just travel in piece. Sick of having to wave EVERYONE.

Plus now I live in Fairfield County CT where every yuppy and their 16 year old has a lifted Wrangler with a snorkel on it as a 'life style' vehicle. The only good thing about it is their to snobby to actually wave to anyone.

And Boxmonkey is correct. Fords betting on those same buyers being a huge % of their sales. They don't want to off road. They want to project an image and Fords leaning into that in the marketing.

So I'm probably not waving to any off them. Maybe if I see one on a trail but not on the road.

TroutTrooper

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll probably continue wave to muddy or dirty jeeps of all flavors just like I do in my TJ now. Whether it be a Jeep™, a Bronco, an FJ, a Samurai, whatever.

Yes I'm one of those people who's of the opinion we should adopt the aussie method of calling all these small rugged 4x4s "jeeps" because SUV doesn't fit anymore.

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn right I will. I wave to all my fellow S197 Mustang GT, Boss 302, etc. Drivers. Not 6 cylinder S197's though. They don't have the same passion for their cars. They usually don't even look your way. They don't get it.
I wave to all mustang gt500 bro’s but never GT’s lol. Sometimes boss 302’s or Roush‘s. Gotta be supercharged to get my ?? Wakka wakka bra. I’ll be ??Wakka wakka bra to all the bronco bro’s as well. It’s a Cali thing... that I made up when I travel out of state ?

Sponsored

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hate the wave. I hated doing it on my Harley. I hated it when I had to drive/transport my friend's Prius a few hundred miles. As of late, I only give thumbs down to Teslas and janky/pimped out rides.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only time I wave on my bike is to return a wave. I never initiate it. Not a waver. If there is such a thing as a Bronco wave, I hope I never learn what it is.

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The only time I wave on my bike is to return a wave. I never initiate it. Not a waver. If there is such a thing as a Bronco wave, I hope I never learn what it is.
Here is the official/mandatory Bronco wave.
This is how you say horse/bronco in American Sign Language.
Ford Bronco The Bronco Wave horse

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Jpoterek

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge ST, 2017 Ford Escape Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the only time you will probably ever catch me doing this is on the trails, other than that ill stick to just driving with the top down and doors off jamming out to some Classic rock

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of frustration from lack of B&P, I'm using this wave to all Jeep Wranglers (except when I'm shuttling my kids to/from soccer):

aa2.gif

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll give a Shaka seeming it fitting with Pineapple Pizza and the Aloha spirit. :cool:

I always wave when on a bike regardless what the other rider is riding & waved in both of my Jeeps CJ-5 & XJ (only to other XJ's though)