Sponsored

The Wife Approves! Today is a BIG day...

OP
OP
DEADBIRDS

DEADBIRDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Stretch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There were a few moments of doubt a few moths ago whether I should move forward with ordering the Bronco or just sticking with my '04 TJ. My wife said "Are you crazy? You should just get the Bronco. After all this may be the last new vehicle you buy." I have been sleeping with one eye open and I have my kids taste all of my food! Cancelled the life insurance! :cool:
Damn, that's good stuff! LOL
Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My wife and I watched the reveal together, after it was over I was thinking to myself, damn I want that. Wife says "Guess you're getting a Bronco"! I play coy and say "Maybe'! She says "The damn thing has everything you've claimed the Jeep doesn't have".

OP
OP
DEADBIRDS

DEADBIRDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Stretch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife and I watched the reveal together, after it was over I was thinking to myself, damn I want that. Wife says "Guess you're getting a Bronco"! I play coy and say "Maybe'! She says "The damn thing has everything you've claimed the Jeep doesn't have".
Sounds like she knows you TOO well! Good on her to call you out!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
... I think most of the guys who are on here have great ones based on what I've read over the past few months. Yours is no exception....
Yeaaaaaa, not too many guys who are still married are going to post on a public forum "My wife is being a total PITA and won't let me get a Bronco, we just put down payment on a Fiesta to make her happy"

Sounds like something you post when you're trading in the bitchy significant other for a fun vehicle.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wife never gave me a minutes grief over it. I have had my F-150 for 11 years now and have bought her three vehicles in that timeframe. Welcome to the madness.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I read this thread as: "whew, I don't have to find a new wife!"

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why my wife and I split our finances into "His, Hers, and Ours."

That way I can just order a Bronco whenever I want if I can pay for it myself...

...and she can keep coming home with more and more motorcycles... all the time... without a place to put them... new ones... old ones.... realllllly old ones... and then we get to spend "our" money on a rental garage... and then we get to spend "his" time on motorcycle maintenance...
Your wife buys motorcycles and you have the nerve to come on here and bitch about it Zack? :cautious:Really?

If you want to trade let me know. Ohh damn, mine is about to get a Porsche.... See, I'm stuck in the same boat as you my friend! :ROFLMAO:

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting conversation last night with my wife of nearly 20 years...

Wife: "So, our shared calendar shows that you are ordering your Bronco tomorrow?"
Me: "Yes ma'am."
Wife: "Don't you think we should talk about that?"
Me: "Um, well, you haven't seemed to be very interested in talking about it since I reserved it last July."
Wife: "Not true."
Me: "Ok, do you want me to share ALL of the details?"
Wife: "Uh, YEAH - it's my money too!"

BADLANDS
2 DOOR
SHADOW BLACK
MGV
LUX
ACCESSORIES TBD
~$56k
#17 of 47 allocated

Wife: "Don't you think it's a little risky to order a vehicle you've never seen or driven?"
Me: "Yep."
Wife: "Ok, sounds good to me."

BAM! I love that woman to the moon and back! Is she skeptical and questioning my sanity? Absolutely, but I am right there with her. I'm not getting any younger, so F*#K IT...

I'm ordering my Bronco today (with the wife's approval ❤)!

BIG shout out to BRONCO6G and all of the good members here - so much information provided & so many questions answered!
Congratulations!!! Sounds like you have a good one.

My wife has wanted a classic Bronco for years and I told her to wait for the new one so she could have all the bells and whistles. She is going with a retro design for hers. Husband approved...

After spending so much time on B6G I decided to get one as well. I would say mine is 75% wife approved...LOL. You are doing better than me.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting conversation last night with my wife of nearly 20 years...

Wife: "So, our shared calendar shows that you are ordering your Bronco tomorrow?"
Me: "Yes ma'am."
Wife: "Don't you think we should talk about that?"
Me: "Um, well, you haven't seemed to be very interested in talking about it since I reserved it last July."
Wife: "Not true."
Me: "Ok, do you want me to share ALL of the details?"
Wife: "Uh, YEAH - it's my money too!"

BADLANDS
2 DOOR
SHADOW BLACK
MGV
LUX
ACCESSORIES TBD
~$56k
#17 of 47 allocated

Wife: "Don't you think it's a little risky to order a vehicle you've never seen or driven?"
Me: "Yep."
Wife: "Ok, sounds good to me."

BAM! I love that woman to the moon and back! Is she skeptical and questioning my sanity? Absolutely, but I am right there with her. I'm not getting any younger, so F*#K IT...

I'm ordering my Bronco today (with the wife's approval ❤)!

BIG shout out to BRONCO6G and all of the good members here - so much information provided & so many questions answered!
Wife and I have joint accounts for saving, bills, etc. and separate for fun stuff that is personal choice.

Bc of this we dont have to have "arguments" about what car, PS5, watch, etc I might buy or what purse, jeans, etc. she might buy.

She knows I am getting one and I asked for her input, but beyond color, she could not care less.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice to see all the family harmony with the Broncos!🤣

My wife has been all for it and even pushed me to upgrade to the OBX from a BB. Gotta love em!

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, hey man, welcome aboard. It's a crazy place.
Karaoke at 7:30PM Thursdays,
All you can eat Pineapple pizza Friday-Sunday open-close.
BYOB (late availability)
Please remember to wear a shirt, at least most of the time.
No crude comments to the ladyfolk (not because the guys will beat ya up. They can hold their own).
Please make sure all loose articles are fastened to avoid ejection from the cockpit.
Your results may vary.
*plus $9.99/ mo. billed to your card, subject to cancellation at buyer's written request. no substitutions, guarantees, or warranties expressed or implied. B6G is not liable for Personal injury/property damage, misinformation, ridicule, or irrevocable rights not explicitly mentioned. Use at your own risk.

In all seriousness, I'm happy for ya and don't even know ya. Kudos for having a cool wife. I think most of the guys who are on here have great ones based on what I've read over the past few months. Yours is no exception.
But you know she at least has to drive it the first day...I'm for sure getting mine to so she will get the bug as well.
This is a classic post. :ROFLMAO: The disclaimer is awesome and belongs in a sticky.

Admins, archive this one! Comedic gold here.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeaaaaaa, not too many guys who are still married are going to post on a public forum "My wife is being a total PITA and won't let me get a Bronco, we just put down payment on a Fiesta to make her happy"

Sounds like something you post when you're trading in the bitchy significant other for a fun vehicle.
I've seen it before (not on here), and it's truly sad.
I feel blessed to have a best friend in mine that shares (most) of my passion for it.
Granted, I have beat her and the kids up with Bronco talk since last summer. But they are stoked as well.
When she isn't super-busy, or the kids don't have some extra-curricular I can even get them in the shop to help me disassemble, catalogue parts, or reassemble after paint, help run wiring. So far I haven't gotten any of them to find interest behind a welding hood, which is my least favorite part as well.
She and my youngest actually applied all of the Dynamat in the last build while I was rebuilding a set of wing windows.
I find myself lucky and grateful.
First wife totally opposite. But we live and learn.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you lose your man card because you actually said "to the moon and back." ?
I know my vote.. pretty sure they won't let you order now 😉

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I reserved then told my wife the next day without ever running the idea by her. She approved and loved the idea immediately

Interesting knowing different situations people have :unsure:

Either way, I'm glad we're all fortunate enough to be part of this new generation of Bronco owners 🍻
Sponsored