Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How are we going to handle theft prevention, we all know that when they first hit the road and for at least the first year or two they'll be super unique vehicles, getting a lot of attention, most of it really good but regrettably some of it not so.

The Jeep owners have been facing this challenge since at least 1940, lol, they have some pretty good experience. It would be good to understand what they have found successful and then formulate a strategy, I’m sure you're out there please share, keep me from making the mistakes that would cost money and the Bronco.

I'll be running it commando for as many months of the year as I can. Can't spend all my days worrying about it being there when I get back.
  • What additional Security will we need over and above what comes with the vehicle?
  • What type of kill switch? Should I even install a kill switch? I had one in my CJ5 back in the 80s, but the car is a neanderthal compared to today's vehicles.
  • Steering wheel and pedal locks are just not going to cut it against today's thieves.
  • Installing an additional alarm feel so old school, haven't needed one, so I'm out of touch, what do you think?
With the Bronco having so much technology built in what do you have in mind?

Jason
2 Door, Black Diamond in Area 51, Timestamp: 7/13/2020 at 21:42
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We kept seeing about a perimeter alarm....but maybe went the way of the sliding tailgate and Picatinny rail.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
One day I noticed my old CJ was parked different. Found out someone had been hotwiring it. Next day I installed a padlock on the hood.

I suspect the aftermarket will offer locking hood catches for the new Bronco? Leastways those are offered for various Jeeps. Otherwise someone can easily pop the hood when the top is off for various reasons including mischief.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How are we going to handle theft prevention, we all know that when they first hit the road and for at least the first year or two they'll be super unique vehicles, getting a lot of attention, most of it really good but regrettably some of it not so.

The Jeep owners have been facing this challenge since at least 1940, lol, they have some pretty good experience. It would be good to understand what they have found successful and then formulate a strategy, I’m sure you're out there please share, keep me from making the mistakes that would cost money and the Bronco.

I'll be running it commando for as many months of the year as I can. Can't spend all my days worrying about it being there when I get back.
  • What additional Security will we need over and above what comes with the vehicle?
  • What type of kill switch? Should I even install a kill switch? I had one in my CJ5 back in the 80s, but the car is a neanderthal compared to today's vehicles.
  • Steering wheel and pedal locks are just not going to cut it against today's thieves.
  • Installing an additional alarm feel so old school, haven't needed one, so I'm out of touch, what do you think?
With the Bronco having so much technology built in what do you have in mind?

Jason
2 Door, Black Diamond in Area 51, Timestamp: 7/13/2020 at 21:42
Don't they need a key fob to activate it's systems and start it? Most thieves are not electrical geniuses and have electronic equip to hack into these modern vehicles. Mine will be in a locked garage, behind locked gates. Cameras, dogs and alarm systems. If they get by all that, they have me to worry about.

Sponsored

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a former Jeep owner, it's every man for himself :ROFLMAO:

(I installed my own custom made window locks for the soft top after mine were stolen 3 days into owning it and generally kept NOTHING in the the car to steal).

That's just it right? you just don't leave anything of importance in the car. locking doors with a soft top is a waste of time. Locking doors with the hard top makes sense.

and if a criminal wants in your car, they'll get in regardless of the make or model.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Biggest issue is getting grabbed by a wrecker. Not much to do about that. I try and stay away from places that vehicles get stolen as a first line of defense!

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a former Jeep owner, it's every man for himself :ROFLMAO:

(I installed my own custom made window locks for the soft top after mine were stolen 3 days into owning it and generally kept NOTHING in the the car to steal).
My middle child and you share the exact same name! :)

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's expensive, but a camera that can record forward, for collisions and has an interior facing camera that's connected with an LTE package is one very expensive option.

I'm debating this myself since my Bronco likely won't fit in my current garage and I live in Atlanta.

By expensive I'm talking like $800 which makes my eyes water. Much cheaper to just shoot a guy and be done with it, but more than likely wouldn't catch someone in the act.

I'm more concerned for times when I'm heading out to camp and have a rig full of all sorts of crap, such as my fridge and Jackery which together are about $2K, then my tent, MaxTrax, etc. All of that, then I need to stop off into a grocery store or the Wal-Mart. These are the times when I'm more concerned. It is also these potential situations that have be thinking about that expensive ass camera.
Sponsored