First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was talking with my dealer/friend yesterday. He was saying Ford is not building his Dealership Demo, 4door Rapid Red Wildtrak until mid-May. He didn't expect to see it until late June. He was saying Ford makes the decision on what gets sent to the Dealer. He had no say on anything.:rolleyes:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
wait what?
What do you mean I can't get power seats?
The seats don't fold flat?
No tailgate?
No soft top?
Where are the A/C vents?
The fuel tank only holds how much?
etc etc :confused:

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Or because most people buy four doors and they knew that a majority of people would want to see it?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The events say “Come meet the Bronco family”. However, the best part of the family is missing (2DR). For the southern tour, uncle Sasquatch didn’t even get the invite. Not cool.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And it's easier to get more people in and out of them during the test rides/drives etc. 🤷‍♂️
Yep, if people saw what a inconvenience it is to use the back seat in a 2 door, the order numbers would fall through the floor.

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Four doors for the win! Sell them all one!
I'll happily watch them roll by in my 2-door...

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the tops.

Almost every 4 door on the road show is a soft top. 2 door is hardtop only.

The reason that they say the 2 door itself is a commodity constraint is only to cover their ass because if the MIC top isn’t ready, then there could be delays in unloading any 2 door. Just saying - IF.

At least on the 4 door, they could roll out the soft tops first if there’s a break glass in event of emergency situation.

I have a feeling that whatever they are fixing on the mod top may carry over a bit to the MIC top and they are still finalizing it. Not saying it will cause delays, just saying that’s there could easily be a connection between what we are seeing and hearing. Either that, or maybe they are holding back from putting them on all these pre-production trucks.

it’s certainly very odd that most orders will be hardtops, yet they choose the soft tops as a common representative to market the bronco at these road shows. Certainly makes ya think.

If Ford thinks more people are buying the 4 door and sends out 4 doors to the road show, then why have 90% of them equipped with a soft top when only 10% of people are getting the 4 door with a soft top.
I'm absolutely on board with the idea that it is a hard top supplier issue. Nothing more than a gut feeling, but all the issues with the MIC early on, the MODTOP recently, and the whole "4 door standard soft top" thing has been a surprise since day 1. I've just been carrying this bad feeling about the the hard top on the 2 door also for quite awhile.

I am certain it will never happen, but I'd take a temporary soft top over another delay if it is a MIC hard top supply issue.
Hell, get it to me this summer and I'll rock the bimini top for awhile....just get it here already!!!! LOL

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was talking with my dealer/friend yesterday. He was saying Ford is not building his Dealership Demo, 4door Rapid Red Wildtrak until mid-May. He didn't expect to see it until late June. He was saying Ford makes the decision on what gets sent to the Dealer. He had no say on anything.:rolleyes:
Exactly. Dealers can only put in orders, then the big machine at Ford takes over.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a good a theory as any. :)
Occam’s Razor, people. @Squatch addressed this in his ‘Metro Ford Miami Broncos’ thread yesterday...

@Squatch
Were you able to ask any of the Bronco people about the two-door not being driven to these demos?
It's just personal preference for traveling with co-workers on a long trip. More people will opt for more room. They have to take all of their luggage with them and the Broncos have no roof racks.

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is pushing the 4 door hard. Look at the 5 custom builds in Moab, all 4 doors. I think they expected the four door take to be much much higher.

many of these dealership events are showing only 4 door rigs.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ding ding ding

see my last post

Wildtrak standard with MIC top

I think if we start to see demo Broncos where 90% are soft tops like we are with the road show cars we should start to worry a little bit about minor MIC top delays. Same could be said for the absence of wildtraks or first edition. Or better yet a 4 door first edition with a soft top is equally as telling

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The events say “Come meet the Bronco family”. However, the best part of the family is missing (2DR). For the southern tour, uncle Sasquatch didn’t even get the invite. Not cool.
Yep. Went to the Cleveland event. FE 4 door with soft top. BL 4 door with soft top and leather interior so carpet floors and power seat. Might as well be an FE riding on 33". My 2 door BL order is in. I'm within dealer allotment. I just want to put my ass in the seat of something close to what I'm dropping $50k plus on.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it is just basic marketing. Probably 70% of sales will be 4-door, they are just putting on display what most people likely want to buy. Thats not an indictment on the 2-door, I get where folks want to see one up close. I just don't see an ulterior motive at play.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it has to do with the 4 door shows off all of the options (except cup holders) ... and you can just visualize a stubby version of it if you kinda squint a hold your head slightly tilted. 😉

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Or because most people buy four doors and they knew that a majority of people would want to see it?
Best theory yet
Sponsored