Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Of all the info we’ve gotten, the only part that doesn’t make sense are the reveal Broncos. It’s becoming increasingly clear that some of the details on them aren’t meant for production (MY21 at least). So it begs the question. Were these meant for an auto show reveal that never happened because of a delay and then later, COVID-19? LA, Chicago, and New York shows would have been options (pre-virus).

I think there would be less flack from the peanut gallery (us) if they were thought of as concept vehicles instead of “pre-production models”. Because Ford did it the way they did, we have people assuming:
  • Black or white sport bars
  • Black textured top
  • White top, door handles, fenders...
  • White interior
  • Baseball glove and charcoal/black interior
  • 37” tires
and countless other details that have yet to materialize. I know things got “interesting” for the whole world this Spring, but they had to know what showing these vehicles would do labeled as anything other than a concept. What do you all think?

Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles theory-shot

Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles 529239C6-39D3-4C34-9EE5-6BBD03B83D13
Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles F6A9CAD8-D19A-42A6-A5FF-2C199C4F27B6
Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles 97025D2A-E349-4680-827D-D845A422FE3B
Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles EBD5A640-B5AC-499A-A8A4-DAED33D398C6
Sponsored

Last edited:

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Feels plausible.

I've never experienced the dreaded Bronco Rage that seems to grip some forum folks, because I tend to assume the big, showy cars are just concepts. I do agree, however, that Ford was caught very much with their pants around their ankles here.

Consistent messaging and a clear marketing path would've helped everyone a whole heck of a lot. I forgive the uncertainty with certain things, as it's impossible to predict how COVID will impact the build timeline (not to mention some very other unpredictable modern realities), but man, some stuff just feels very amateur - purely from the marketing and communication side.

Then again, I've never been THIS plugged into a vehicle reveal before. Still, I've seen bake sales with a better roll-out plan.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There was a multi-stage rollout that was meant to span several auto shows and events, and it all got blown up by Covid when everything got cancelled. They actually should have had vehicles prepared for that plan way before we actually saw anything, which just makes the fact that the first ones we saw were custom one-offs even weirder.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
they had to know what showing these vehicles would do
My take is that once it became obvious demand was sky high, Ford took some attractive stuff off the table to use at a later time. In the sales world, Rule #1 is "once you've made the sale, stop talking"

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Of all the info we’ve gotten, the only part that doesn’t make sense are the reveal Broncos. It’s becoming increasingly clear that some of the details on them aren’t meant for production (MY21 at least). So it begs the question. Were these meant for an auto show reveal that never happened because of a delay and then later, COVID-19? LA, Chicago, and New York shows would have been options (pre-virus).

I think there would be less flack from the peanut gallery (us) if they were thought of as concept vehicles instead of “pre-production models”. Because Ford did it the way they did, we have people assuming:
  • Black textured top
  • White interior
  • 37” tires
and countless other details that have yet to materialize. I know things got “interesting” for the whole world this Spring, but they had to know what showing these vehicles would do labeled as anything other than a concept. What do you all think?

theory-shot.jpg

529239C6-39D3-4C34-9EE5-6BBD03B83D13.jpeg
F6A9CAD8-D19A-42A6-A5FF-2C199C4F27B6.jpeg
97025D2A-E349-4680-827D-D845A422FE3B.jpeg
EBD5A640-B5AC-499A-A8A4-DAED33D398C6.jpeg
I think you are pretty right on this one. I still do not understand why light interior colors are not offered, they gray is really nice.

Look, even Hyundai has some nice light interior colors and designs....

2020 Palisade
Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles 2020-Hyundai-palisade

Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles hyundai_palisade_57

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What do you all think?
A sound hypothesis you have.

I think quite a few of the 165K plus people that made reservations are going to be upset and some will cancel when they find out many of the items shown were smoke and mirrors.

The Bronco6g community is probably less than 5% of the Bronco owner wannabees, maybe only 1% to 2% realize not all items shown will be available, upset people and cancellations, yes, I think there will be some.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

• Black textured top
  • White interior
  • 37” tires

Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles hyundai_palisade_57

I've seen it time and time again that the 2 bottom interiors are 1 off and not offered. I'm taking anything interior related with a grain of salt because Ford has also told reviewers not to focus on interiors because they aren't locked in. I'm certainly hoping for some padding on the dash. As it stands, the overall interior looks too plastic and utilitarian for me.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've kinda been thru this "retro-styled icon coming back from a hiatus" thing before being a 2010 Camaro owner. I've always expected things to get tweaked all the way up to ordering time with the Bronco. Nostalgia is a helluva drug and there are going to be a lot of emotions from the fan base no matter what Ford does.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
but they had to know what showing these vehicles would do labeled as anything other than a concept. What do you all think?
If you look at the history of concept vehicles none of them are production prototypes. They are styling exercises, some much closer to eventual production models than others (and of course many will never be produced). The Vehicles Ford showed are production prototype vehicles with different interiors. They were never intended to be concept cars.

Ford did botch this rollout, apparently from spending next to zero time figuring out Customer communication before launch. It boggles my mind how that is possible for an organization like Ford, but suspect it is tied to the historical arrogance/dysfunction (as it relates to customer interaction) of many/most large automakers.

The good news for Ford is it will make very little difference. They appear to have hit it out of the Park on pretty much every other aspect (which happen to be the most important). This thing is gonna sell like hot cakes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel the same way. Some of these pre-production vehicles are insanely cool but I don’t get the marketing behind it.
Ford is trying to become the place for off roaders and adventurists to come and modify their vehicle but yet they show us vehicles that we can’t get as options from the factory- potentially!
strange marketing if you ask me.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is disappointing that Ford made a black hard top for the reveal Bronco and then gave the production Bronco a grey hard top.

2021 Ford Bronco Day Ride Along Event 2.jpg

Screenshot (1149).png
I didn't realize it was that off until I just saw your posted picture. It wouldn't be so bad if the flares and other true black parts matched, but it is Tri-color with that color top, body color, then black accent pieces.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't realize it was that off until I just saw your posted picture. It wouldn't be so bad if the flares and other true black parts matched, but it is Tri-color with that color top, body color, then black accent pieces.
This has to be corrected by Ford doesn’t it?
It just doesn’t even look right and seriously, it looks cheap. Grey plastic mixed with black, that needs to be corrected.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
This has to be corrected by Ford doesn’t it?
It just doesn’t even look right and seriously, it looks cheap. Grey plastic mixed with black, that needs to be corrected.
Yeah, definitely not digging it. It does look cheap and unfinished. Let's see come time for the real ones off the assembly line. I wonder if they would just let it go for 2021 then make these fixes for 2022.

There are to many variables to figure things out right now, we still do not know when they will be arriving and at what point does your 2021 you are waiting for become a 2022 model.
Sponsored