Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 F350 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve always thought of these as what you could build your Bronco into, especially the yellow two door on 37”’s. It’s all about the aftermarket support and all the accessories they are supposed to offer.
Sponsored

Bronco Boss

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302, 2004 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel the same way. Some of these pre-production vehicles are insanely cool but I don’t get the marketing behind it.
Ford is trying to become the place for off roaders and adventurists to come and modify their vehicle but yet they show us vehicles that we can’t get as options from the factory- potentially!
strange marketing if you ask me.
I believe the black top comes standard with the Wildtrak and the 37 inch tires and 2 inch lift is a factory option. I am unsure of the grille situation but I am guessing those are options also with price differences.

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the black top comes standard with the Wildtrak and the 37 inch tires and 2 linch lift is a factory option.
From what we know, there's no factory lift kit or 37" tires available as options. The Wildtrak gets the black painted modular top, which is different from the (unavailable) black molded-in-color top.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve always thought of these as what you could build your Bronco into, especially the yellow two door on 37”’s. It’s all about the aftermarket support and all the accessories they are supposed to offer.
You’re not wrong. It’s just that instead of being presented as concepts like the recent 2DR Trail Rig or 4DR Fishing Guide Broncos, they were presented as the all new Bronco. While the 2DR’s 37” tires and donut doors were clearly not for standard production, the rest of it seemed like it was. People latched on to the parts they really liked and here we are, one month later, still asking for things last seen on those two vehicles.

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what we know, there's no factory lift kit or 37" tires available as options. The Wildtrak gets the black painted modular top, which is different from the (unavailable) black molded-in-color top.
If it turns out to be a mismatched grey I’m gonna look into how much it cost to get it rhino lined or line-x’d black. I think that would be cheaper than painted option and you’d still retaking the light weight and any insulation.

Could tint the rhino/line-x any color for the white roof fans...

Sponsored

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hear you. I’m not saying everybody would upgrade at the drop of a hat if they release a Raptor or a buyer’s favorite color, etc. but I’m sure there are a lot people that would. Just like how a lot of people upgrade their phone annually or bi-annually, and there there are people that use it until it breaks. Ford isn’t marketing to people that buy once.
I kinda hope they are marketing to people who buy once. This might be the only new car I ever buy, and the last car I buy. ... So maybe I might have bought motorcycles I don't even have a place to put them, when I maybe couldn't exactly "afford" them... But cars? BIFL. Hell, I'm about to buy a flip phone after my most "recent" (not recent) smartphone broke.

BraptorAddict

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Of all the info we’ve gotten, the only part that doesn’t make sense are the reveal Broncos. It’s becoming increasingly clear that some of the details on them aren’t meant for production (MY21 at least). So it begs the question. Were these meant for an auto show reveal that never happened because of a delay and then later, COVID-19? LA, Chicago, and New York shows would have been options (pre-virus).

I think there would be less flack from the peanut gallery (us) if they were thought of as concept vehicles instead of “pre-production models”. Because Ford did it the way they did, we have people assuming:
  • Black or white sport bars
  • Black textured top
  • White top, door handles, fenders...
  • White interior
  • Baseball glove and charcoal/black interior
  • 37” tires
and countless other details that have yet to materialize. I know things got “interesting” for the whole world this Spring, but they had to know what showing these vehicles would do labeled as anything other than a concept. What do you all think?

theory-shot.jpg

529239C6-39D3-4C34-9EE5-6BBD03B83D13.jpeg
F6A9CAD8-D19A-42A6-A5FF-2C199C4F27B6.jpeg
97025D2A-E349-4680-827D-D845A422FE3B.jpeg
EBD5A640-B5AC-499A-A8A4-DAED33D398C6.jpeg
The longer I think about this, the more sense it makes... SO many things that are shown that aren't actually being offered.

The only other idea I had was that this is free 'market research'... you can show a BUNCH of options and gauge which ones you want to roll in NEXT

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
SO many things that are shown that aren't actually being offered.
Underpromise - Overdeliver. Ford has had 100 years to figure this out. That they haven't speaks volumes.

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get both sides of the factory customization argument. As of now, I can't get something as simple as factory fog lights on a base, but I can get an affordable trim without all the bells and whistles that I really don't need for my application.

That is what matters at the end of the day for me - can I get into a Bronco that I can be excited about, affordably?
Sure, I'd like a white top. Sure, I'd like more interior options. Sure, I want Squatch with the MT. But I know what I specifically want, isn't always what I can get - whether arbitrarily or because of some complex production complication.

What I can get is a beautiful looking, manual transmission, SUV with some exciting suspension and a proven engine for $30k. I see some on this forum using it as a soapbox for everything they can't get - instead of appreciating what they can get. I guess I'm just a glass half full kinda guy.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re not wrong. It’s just that instead of being presented as concepts like the recent 2DR Trail Rig or 4DR Fishing Guide Broncos, they were presented as the all new Bronco. While the 2DR’s 37” tires and donut doors were clearly not for standard production, the rest of it seemed like it was. People latched on to the parts they really liked and here we are, one month later, still asking for things last seen on those two vehicles.
Only parts from the reveal 2 door that I feel like I must have is the silver bash plate up front, as I think it'll look better scratched. Honestly I'd like to see one not be painted at all.

However, I always saw the plate, the body colored recovery points, donut doors, and the light bars as options that you could buy, not anything that would be standard. That entire Outer Banks 4 door looks like a total optioned rig. Yes, you can make that design a reality with aftermarket parts and some paint.

Guess these are the pains of having all of the new customers who this may be a new experience for. Buying a new car, new release, purpose built off roader, etc. Everyone will get through it.

Also bears important to remember that everyone is testy right now on some level and in ways that may be out of character and we may not even realize individually. Lots of angst, anxiety, fear, anger, uncertainty, and host of other emotions going around. Many may express their feelings in the Bronco news.

Better to take it all out on Ford and the Bronco than on those at home or in your community, so please, bash away! ?

Sponsored

utsava

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll be upfront: I'm not a traditional Ford, Bronco, or off-roading guy, but the cactus gray Bronco with the white top and accents got me. As a a Long Islander, I wound't be using this for more than some jaunts on the beach. As I slowly come back to reality, I'm realizing 1) many of these options may not even be available, 2) my basic requirements of a 4-door hardtop with heated seats seems to push me well into 40k territory, and 3) the likelihood of me getting one before my August 2021 lease is up are slim. These things together are making it seem less and less likely I will be converting my $100 deposit into an actual order. :/

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has definitely been a frustrating aspect to this rollout. I get that Ford is creating hype and showcasing options but at least have those options available.

The lifted two door was obviously a showcase of what you could do with the Bronco and not really a come out of the factory type product. However, the two “concept” Broncos definitely seemed to show what you could option for. These didn’t look like SEMA rigs. I get the white interior was probably more to showcase the detail but the white top and accents should definitely be an option.

Ford is obviously doing marketing research at this point. They are going to have a ton of options and they have made that aspect clear. I think they are trying to fine tune this aspect. Ford Performance is trying to see what sticks most.

Unfortunately for us with reservations we are kind of the guinea pigs and I think some of these options won’t be available until the second model year or even third in some cases.

As an avid and enthusiastic soon to be buyer I may end up waiting as I don’t want to have to keep trading in for what I really want. Some of these options (interior colors, hybrid) can’t really be optioned on later.

I really want the white top and white roll bar interior and I’d like to see what’s going to be offered for a hybrid before I make an investment like this. I want my Bronco for a while and I’m happy to add on accessories later but I want what I want and I’m willing to wait for it.

Ford would be dumb not to capitalize on these options and they aren’t dumb. It will come but this is business and they will always want us wanting more.
But Ford please make these tops optional colors. It’s going to make the Bronco look so much better and make us at least feel we have options and a unique vehicle catered to us. Most will be willing to pay for that.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Underpromise - Overdeliver. Ford has had 100 years to figure this out. That they haven't speaks volumes.
Exactly. I mean how hard can it get.

They did SO MANY things right, but their Communications and Marketing Plan is just plain stupid.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are going to have a ton of options and they have made that aspect clear.
Have they said that about “options”?

I know they said that about “accessories”.

I’m of the opinion that there aren’t going to be many stand-alone options available outside of the packages. That’s why they made 7 different trim levels. I mean has there ever been a car offered in so many different trims? It’s almost like they said “ok, here are 7 different vehicles, pick one.”

Now, im coming from the Toyota world in which there are very few options available in general and the Toyota Land Cruiser which isoffered with a premium package and without. That’s it. And now that isn’t even the case in the last few years. They are all the same outside of color combo. So maybe I’m wrong about this. I hope so.

But it’s almost as if they have come up with a new model of how to produce vehicles.
Sponsored