Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not offering the Mid package on a Base Bronco has absolutely nothing to do with it costing Ford too much money to make it available from a production cost standpoint. In their view it does “cost” them too much in lost revenue/profit.

Ford restricts the Mid Package to BB and up to encourage buying the BB. They want your extra $7,000, not just your $2,000 for the Mid Package. The margin difference (as a percent and in $’s) to Ford between a Base Bronco and a BB with Mid is gigantic.
Yes, that's a normal practice. Manufacturers almost punish you for going base in an effort to test your resolve I guess.

Allowing a base customer to get a package like that makes those in higher trims second guess their purchase.

Ford isn't about to allow you to "get over" on them. Want something nice, fork over the cash. They're more in the business of making money than making sure you're happy.
Sponsored

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not what he circled. That graphic could possibly be digital and won't likely be there for final production or maybe a software update.
He couldn't exactly circle that part only with the pic zoomed out. And he said he was being sarcastic.

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is disappointing that Ford made a black hard top for the reveal Bronco and then gave the production Bronco a grey hard top.

2021 Ford Bronco Day Ride Along Event 2.jpg

Screenshot (1149).png
Definitely in the minority here but I actually really like the grey. ?‍♂

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What can I do about it? I don't like either option.

Again, the MIC should just be black, like they've shown on many pre-production vehicles. Apparently the change to gray was made 4-6 weeks ago. So it can be changed back to black again before production.
I don't like it any better than you do.
You can get it as an option to be painted shadow black. It's the lesser of the two evils. I mean really, who in the hell wants a gray/blue roof?
You had your hat in the ring for the FE, so $$ for the upgrade should be of little concern.

Vandal

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Scout 80, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The reason for the colors is that is what America buys... not wants... buys!
1597601888251.png

Here is the website:https://www.carmax.com/articles/car-color-popularity

Here is Ford’s truck paint chart Mid 70’s can you imagine being Ford, spending millions on customer custom paint only to find out you invested thousands on “Bay Tree Green” for 20 people to order it? All the wasted money...
243F65D9-8545-4176-B109-8FAE3F878A5E.jpeg

However, as said elsewhere in this post. We are a distinct minority!

make mine Mexicalia Red!
Best EB color for sure: hot ginger poly

nobody can dispute that!

Last edited:

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sounds like this guy is still f'ning things up. ;)

Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles Screenshot_20200816-193008_Gallery

wxsquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, that's a normal practice. Manufacturers almost punish you for going base in an effort to test your resolve I guess.

Allowing a base customer to get a package like that makes those in higher trims second guess their purchase.

Ford isn't about to allow you to "get over" on them. Want something nice, fork over the cash. They're more in the business of making money than making sure you're happy.
Ask those of us with 2015-2020 non-502 Lariats and below F150s who wanted LED lights.... to upgrade from a fully loaded XLT (302) to a 502 Lariat was roughly $6500 IIRC. Yes, you got leather and power folding mirrors, but lost the column shifter and extra storage in the console.

Ford is really good at the upgrade game. As you say, it is all about trade offs, compromises, and what you can afford. I am amazed the Bronco is as option-flexible as it is.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Where did we hear about a heritage package? News to me
Same source that told us the Price & Build tool would be out in August.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask those of us with 2015-2020 non-502 Lariats and below F150s who wanted LED lights.... to upgrade from a fully loaded XLT (302) to a 502 Lariat was roughly $6500 IIRC. Yes, you got leather and power folding mirrors, but lost the column shifter and extra storage in the console.

Ford is really good at the upgrade game. As you say, it is all about trade offs, compromises, and what you can afford. I am amazed the Bronco is as option-flexible as it is.
Ohh wow. Yeah, I've been listening and taking to heart the posts from you guys who've purchased Ford in the past. Not going to lie; makes me a little scared, but in the end, going to focus on the reason why I'm buying the Bronco, capability. I'll try to be flexible with the comforts and cosmetics that I've wanted.

Like, even given the risks, I'm one who wants a light colored interior because I'm in hot ass Georgia and want to take the top off. Guess I'll be getting a mesh top of some sort. Know someone pointed out the risks of a lighter interior, but I am well skilled and have the tools and chemicals to detail a car.

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford did this with the MachE... Showed us this Beautiful Grabber Blue Mach E with the GT Body Kit and said it was a First Edition with the High Power Battery. They also said that Grabber Blue was going to be a First Edition only color. Few weeks go by and the B&P is released just to find out that the FE doesn’t get the GT Body Kit or the High Power Battery. Then they do a 180 a offer Grabber Blue on the GT Trims as well. Was suprised that it took less than 24 hours to get my $500 Reservation Refunded.
Sponsored