First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know how they managed to build a 1966 Mustang with over 100 options available (build it how you want), but today they can't manage to configure a 40K+ vehicle the way you want.

Maybe the people back in 66 were just smarter than today...
Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you are pretty right on this one. I still do not understand why light interior colors are not offered, they gray is really nice.

Look, even Hyundai has some nice light interior colors and designs....

2020 Palisade
2020-Hyundai-palisade.jpg

hyundai_palisade_57.jpg
I was thinking of leasing this and forget the bronco and see what three comes down too. I have the cyber truck reserved and I'm looking at a three years waiting game

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know how they managed to build a 1966 Mustang with over 100 options available (build it how you want), but today they can't manage to configure a 40K+ vehicle the way you want.

Maybe the people back in 66 were just smarter than today...
I agree, but I also feel like times have changed in the way that they have to properly test all the options for fit and finish and longevity and safety (along with the paint--minus the safety part) that they didn't have to back in the day. Also think that they produced all those options themselves (correct me if I'm wrong) where nowadays they don't make anything, just have others build the parts and assemble the product in a couple assembly lines that are mostly not even in this country. There has to be logistical and monetary reasons for how restricted car options have gotten.

Again I do wish it was still like it was where you could pretty much build a mass produced car almost exactly how you wanted it from the factory and have a ridiculous amount of interior and paint options.

Bronco Dealer FAQ Email.jpg

Bronco Dealer FAQ Email.jpg

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have they said that about “options”?

I know they said that about “accessories”.

I’m of the opinion that there aren’t going to be many stand-alone options available outside of the packages. That’s why they made 7 different trim levels. I mean has there ever been a car offered in so many different trims? It’s almost like they said “ok, here are 7 different vehicles, pick one.”

Now, im coming from the Toyota world in which there are very few options available in general and the Toyota Land Cruiser which isoffered with a premium package and without. That’s it. And now that isn’t even the case in the last few years. They are all the same outside of color combo. So maybe I’m wrong about this. I hope so.

But it’s almost as if they have come up with a new model of how to produce vehicles.
F-150 has 7 trims and a ton of options.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m of the opinion that there aren’t going to be many stand-alone options available outside of the packages. That’s why they made 7 different trim levels. I mean has there ever been a car offered in so many different trims? It’s almost like they said “ok, here are 7 different vehicles, pick one.”
Jeep Wrangler is currently available in a whopping 13 trims

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you are pretty right on this one. I still do not understand why light interior colors are not offered, they gray is really nice.

Look, even Hyundai has some nice light interior colors and designs....

2020 Palisade
Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles Bronco Dealer FAQ Email

Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles Bronco Dealer FAQ Email
Yeah concept or not, I don’t care, it’s nonsense to show an awesome interior like that then only offer just plain ole black or almost all black on every trim level. Cars are offering amazing interiors right now, with quilting, cool fabrics, top stitching etc. so they are behind the standard on this one. That being said my big buying point is the vinyl wash out seat, which will be covered with seat covers (Hopefully plaid)

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think a vinyl wrap is going to work on the grey hard top.

Vinyl Wray will absolutely cover that. The automotive kind is heat and shrink. It’ll mold itself those crevasses

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The gray light interior they showed on the prototype images is a good example, it doesn't have to be white. I hope anybody with some common sense knows that extra care and downsides come to a light interior color.
I’m curious what the “space gray” is that is listed. My laptop is space gray and it’s almost black

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The reason for the colors is that is what America buys... not wants... buys!

Here is the website:https://www.carmax.com/articles/car-color-popularity

Here is Ford’s truck paint chart Mid 70’s can you imagine being Ford, spending millions on customer custom paint only to find out you invested thousands on “Bay Tree Green” for 20 people to order it? All the wasted money...

However, as said elsewhere in this post. We are a distinct minority!

make mine Mexicalia Red!
Yes, but the question is..... do people buy black because that’s what’s on the dealer lots or because that’s what they want. Feels impossible sometimes to find a vehicle that’s not silver or black

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The reason for the colors is that is what America buys... not wants... buys!

Here is the website:https://www.carmax.com/articles/car-color-popularity

Here is Ford’s truck paint chart Mid 70’s can you imagine being Ford, spending millions on customer custom paint only to find out you invested thousands on “Bay Tree Green” for 20 people to order it? All the wasted money...

However, as said elsewhere in this post. We are a distinct minority!

make mine Mexicalia Red!
The way it should be... not a black gray or silver in the bunch

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree, but I also feel like times have changed in the way that they have to properly test all the options for fit and finish and longevity and safety (along with the paint--minus the safety part) that they didn't have to back in the day. Also think that they produced all those options themselves (correct me if I'm wrong) where nowadays they don't make anything, just have others build the parts and assemble the product in a couple assembly lines that are mostly not even in this country. There has to be logistical and monetary reasons for how restricted car options have gotten.

Again I do wish it was still like it was where you could pretty much build a mass produced car almost exactly how you wanted it from the factory and have a ridiculous amount of interior and paint options.
They each had a build sheet that traveled along with the vehicle. Options were added along the way according to the sheet. You have some really uniquely configured vehicles...but you also get it the way you want it.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m curious what the “space gray” is that is listed. My laptop is space gray and it’s almost black
There are a few pics of it around here. In the Badlands it's a dark gray with yellowish contrast stitching. It's not as dark as Apple's space gray. It looks good, but I wish it were lighter.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are a few pics of it around here. In the Badlands it's a dark gray with yellowish contrast stitching.
This is pretty drab...it may push me off Bronco alltogether. I'm assuming BD will have neon blue stitching??

Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles 1597853068403