Sponsored

There are so few MIC hard tops made. Why Ford doesn't consider 2 door soft top.

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are good soft tops available. I like the shape of the rear window on it comparing to the shape of MIC top.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It eyeballs that they would have to remove the rear seat to mount a folding top that would clear the hoop. Just no space for the pivot point with the rear seats in there.

The current soft tops they use are lift off, don't have the ability to drop the top, have to remove it like a hard top

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It eyeballs that they would have to remove the rear seat to mount a folding top that would clear the hoop. Just no space for the pivot point with the rear seats in there.
Wait, Bestop has a folding soft top for the 2-door, no? Am I missing something?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait, Bestop has a folding soft top for the 2-door, no? Am I missing something?
If you look at the installation instructions, you will see it is for the Sunrider Top, only the section where the two front panels normally sit over the driver and passenger seat flip open. The rest of the top is fixed with the rear windows zipped in. Cannot open the back 3/4 up, must be removed.

Sponsored

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you look at the installation instructions, you will see it is for the Sunrider Top, only the section where the two front panels normally sit over the driver and passenger seat flip open. The rest of the top is fixed with the rear windows zipped in. Cannot open the back 3/4 up, must be removed.
Aha, gotcha.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Psst, the soft tops and their wrinkly windows are kinda ugly. I will now seek shelter.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The current soft tops they use are lift off, don't have the ability to drop the top, have to remove it like a hard top
The Bestop Trektop for the 2 door flips open for 1st & 2nd row. The rear and side panels are removable leaving the top stowed at the rear roof line. It does not have to be fully removed for open air over the rear seats.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Soft tops just wont work for some of us. They lack in security, some do not look good and weather conditions where some live....they are not practical (and will be costly to replace down the road). The hard top remains for me and I guess I just "hurry up and wait".......some more.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is the actual current status for MIC tops for 2 Doors? I've been seeing 2 dr Bronco's pop up all over the place around my area so it seems to me they're making them.

Sponsored

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Make the Bestop a factory option and get those Broncos rollin out of the factory!
I just installed my bestop on my 2-door last night, yeah, that needs to got back to drawing board. I love the gap between the tailgate and the top….. smh

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Soft tops just wont work for some of us. They lack in security, some do not look good and weather conditions where some live....they are not practical (and will be costly to replace down the road). The hard top remains for me and I guess I just "hurry up and wait".......some more.
Dude, do you actually live in Oregon**?! Because a hardtop won’t save you there any more then a softtop, at least there is less damage with a softtop.

**Yeah, I can say it, I grew up and spent my younger adult years in Oregon, was nice, now a shit hole imo.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point in the game for so many of us with first day reservation 2D that have either:
A. cancelled their reservation all together
B. switched to a 4 door that they didn't really want
C. 99 their order
D. or are just hanging on and waiting like myself

IMO that would probably be the ultimate kick in nuts if Ford came along and said, "okay, you 2D guys can have your 2D soft top option now".........

I would walk if that happened.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed my bestop on my 2-door last night, yeah, that needs to got back to drawing board. I love the gap between the tailgate and the top….. smh
Really? The ones at Super Celebration East looked great and fit great, no gaps or wrinkled windows either. I would have gladly taken that as an option until the MIC tops were available. I wonder what they changed?

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Really? The ones at Super Celebration East looked great and fit great, no gaps or wrinkled windows either. I would have gladly taken that as an option until the MIC tops were available. I wonder what they changed?
It’s a REALLY small gap, like a mil or less, just enough to let water in :(
Sponsored