First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you find a resolution for this issue? My temp sensor is all over the place currently and driving me nuts.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cscottp67

cscottp67

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-250 / 20 f-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you find a resolution for this issue? My temp sensor is all over the place currently and driving me nuts.
No just the one time deal. Has not done it again.

JMerTaw

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No just the one time deal. Has not done it again.
Well alright, I’ll keep an eye on it. Mine got up to 95 and it was 26 out…the AC was on full blast!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey peeps... I have this issue since last night. Another Ontario Bronco owner also has this issue. His gave him a malfunction message on ford App however. I haven't...
But coming home from work, it was -21 Celsius and my truck eventually thought it was +40!
This totally messes with the HVAC control as well. Truck was trying to turn on the AC if I wasn't on FULL hot.
Gonna warm up in a few days... Hopefully it's just an icing up issue or something.
Oh, and here is the msg from this other user.

FB_IMG_1643465594810.jpg

Sponsored

ejinx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread is somewhat old and stale, but I wanted to chime in with my experience in case anyone comes through having similar issues. My external thermostat was reading 120-145F this morning... in January in Colorado. It varied through those temps widely throughout my morning commute. It also appeared to be affecting my heat, as I could not get the system to blow hot air unless I cranked the heat all the way up; perhaps it's telling the truck that I'm driving on the surface of the sun and to not turn the heat on? I don't know. All my other temps (oil, trans) were normal.

Things I tried:
  • Restarted the car. Obvious first thing to do, but that didn't change anything.
  • I wiped down the ambient thermostat. It wasn't dirty or anything, and this did nothing but it was an easy attempt at a fix so I did it anyway.
  • I reset the screen. Before resetting the screen, the ambient temp was reading somewhere in the upper 150F range while sitting parked for 4+ hours in 30F weather. After restarting the screen, the ambient temp reading never returned and instead shows "--". Obviously it's not working as intended, but at this point I also tested my heat and it's working perfectly, so at least there's that. I drove around for a few minutes, got the truck to normal operating temp, and got up to maybe 40 MPH, and the ambient temp reading never returned.
My assumption at this point is that the ambient thermo is toast. Perhaps in its malfunction it maxed out and the computer is just ignoring it, but for whatever reason it is no longer exerting any kind of control over my heating and cooling so at least there's that.

I'm scheduling service with a dealership as soon as I can get one to take a look at this. And the windshield recall, and the window that won't index when I open the door...

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This thread is somewhat old and stale, but I wanted to chime in with my experience in case anyone comes through having similar issues. My external thermostat was reading 120-145F this morning... in January in Colorado. It varied through those temps widely throughout my morning commute. It also appeared to be affecting my heat, as I could not get the system to blow hot air unless I cranked the heat all the way up; perhaps it's telling the truck that I'm driving on the surface of the sun and to not turn the heat on? I don't know. All my other temps (oil, trans) were normal.

Things I tried:
  • Restarted the car. Obvious first thing to do, but that didn't change anything.
  • I wiped down the ambient thermostat. It wasn't dirty or anything, and this did nothing but it was an easy attempt at a fix so I did it anyway.
  • I reset the screen. Before resetting the screen, the ambient temp was reading somewhere in the upper 150F range while sitting parked for 4+ hours in 30F weather. After restarting the screen, the ambient temp reading never returned and instead shows "--". Obviously it's not working as intended, but at this point I also tested my heat and it's working perfectly, so at least there's that. I drove around for a few minutes, got the truck to normal operating temp, and got up to maybe 40 MPH, and the ambient temp reading never returned.
My assumption at this point is that the ambient thermo is toast. Perhaps in its malfunction it maxed out and the computer is just ignoring it, but for whatever reason it is no longer exerting any kind of control over my heating and cooling so at least there's that.

I'm scheduling service with a dealership as soon as I can get one to take a look at this. And the windshield recall, and the window that won't index when I open the door...
Hi there. This thermostat concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored

andyriegler

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Things I tried:

Following - My Bronco had the exact same issue this weekend. Did the dealership trip solve the issue? Ford App says it's a temp sensor issue, but hoping it will be covered under warranty.

ejinx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Following - My Bronco had the exact same issue this weekend. Did the dealership trip solve the issue? Ford App says it's a temp sensor issue, but hoping it will be covered under warranty.
They did eventually get the sensor working again. They said they traced it back to a low voltage issue. They actually said they found a bunch of low voltages, they called them ghost readings as they were not severe enough to show up on diagnostic tests and had to be found through some sort of other scan (my interpretation is likely off there). They had me drive it for several weeks looking for any other issues that they could trace back to the low voltages, but I have had no problems.

Also for anyone else coming along, they fixed the window indexing issue, too. It seems like it was set to roll up just a little too high and would get hung up, but it no longer catches and still seals perfectly.

busylizzy7

Outer Banks
First Name
Liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m having this same issue. 2 weeks ago, the check engine light came on, and I had the same warning posted earlier in this thread. Took it to the dealer, they said everything was fine and looked at me like I was nuts. (I showed them pictures of the ambient temp being off by 40F)
Today, while driving in a snowstorm, in 25F, the ambient temp read up to 130F. And heat only gave “hot” air on HI.
Back to the dealer tomorrow with more pictures and screenshots from this thread. Thanks!!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m having this same issue. 2 weeks ago, the check engine light came on, and I had the same warning posted earlier in this thread. Took it to the dealer, they said everything was fine and looked at me like I was nuts. (I showed them pictures of the ambient temp being off by 40F)
Today, while driving in a snowstorm, in 25F, the ambient temp read up to 130F. And heat only gave “hot” air on HI.
Back to the dealer tomorrow with more pictures and screenshots from this thread. Thanks!!
Hey there. I can look into your Bronco’s concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Interesting - when my Fusion thermo sensor went it constantly showed 50*. Seems like none of othe FOrd engineers can agree on what the proper error value should be
Sponsored