Sponsored

These kind of reviews just don't make sense to me.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the writer had to adopt a somewhat extreme point of view and stick with it. The Bronco is not for casual SUV fans.

OK, show of hands, who is a "casual SUV fan"?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh, whatever. He just feels like the Wrangler has more "character" than the Bronco. Which is fine, his opinion.

Although I don't understand his main argument. One of his main points is that the Bronco seemed almost truck-like and less like a pure off-roading SUV. It was missing the "legacy" of the Bronco and other true-offroading vehicles.

"In sum, the truck-like ride and plain presentation are a lot to grin and bear if you’re more of a casual SUV fan than a full-on four-wheel junkie."
Which... I found to be a really odd thing to say... considering for most of its existence the Bronco was basically a F-100/F-150 pickup truck with a shell on it. It just seemed like he was looking for Ford to develop a Wrangler 2.0 rather than re-introducing the Bronco that has underpinnings based on previously released Broncos.

---

Either way, reviews are like 80% subjective and 20% objective. So I'm not to bent up about it, I just think his argument is faulty.

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mr. Hunting, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.insidehook.com/article/vehicles/review-ford-bronco-wildtrak/amp

Yeah, it does off-road well, that's what it's built for. They also make it sound like the Wrangler is some kind of whisper quiet luxury ride.
Just took a quick look...here's how I see this going down...Editor- Hunting, you've driven down a dirt road before right!?...Hunting- Yes sir! Editor- Great, your doing a review on the new Bronco! Hunting- Yes sir!...Do I have time to run home and change out of my skinny jeans???

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Either way, reviews are like 80% subjective and 20% objective. So I'm not to bent up about it, I just think his argument is faulty.
I can count on one hand how many "Automotive Reviewers" I trust. Insidehook ain't one of them!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, that Death Wobble whimsy...

Just an OK, Boomer/They took our jerbs wannabe hit-piece for click bait.

Sometimes, I lament losing whimsical vehicles like the nigh un-drivable Dodge Viper variants, but to compare a slightly more mannered vehicle to old tech and deride it for its improvements and then compare that vehicle to very modern, technologically bubble wrapped CarUVs, as not meeting expectations, in the same review is extremely disingenuous.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can count on one hand how many "Automotive Reviewers" I trust. Insidehook ain't one of them!
Just out of curiosity, who do you (or anyone else who reads this post) trust? Got nothing better to do while waiting for my Bronco, so might as well see who is out there.

Personally I trust guys over at savagegeese, and I also watch most of the TFL (The Fast Lane) reviews. Savagegeese are usually spot-on with their reviews in my opinion. The TFL guys... eh... sometimes not as spot-on, but there is enough bickering between them that usually I still get a good idea about what I would like or dislike about a vehicle.

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend, F350, 4Runner, 52 Ford F1 RatRod
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the writer had to adopt a somewhat extreme point of view and stick with it. The Bronco is not for casual SUV fans.

OK, show of hands, who is a "casual SUV fan"?
If I was a casual SUV fan I would have bought a Lexus.

BTW my other vehicle is a F350 4x4. Compared to this the Bronco is a casual SUV. Lol

Ford Bronco These kind of reviews just don't make sense to me. 5729EF47-4BDD-4C1D-81B3-9BA643333D21

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh, whatever. He just feels like the Wrangler has more "character" than the Bronco. Which is fine, his opinion.
I think that's a perfectly valid observation. Whether that character is a good or bad thing is up to each individual.

Sponsored

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im my experience in reading ads, reviews, etc., when something is stated to have "character", it usually means its a run down POS property, car, boat or mentally deficient person....just sayin
Sponsored