Sponsored

They just can’t leave good enough alone.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only positive thing I have to say is that this is the best looking flare delete I've seen. (At least based on this image)
Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean if you definition of freedom is letting predators be predators and letting idiots pay the price... sure. But more people generally despise others making money through unscrupulous means.

It's always interesting to me that half the population dislikes scalpers, and the other half thinks they are the ultimate capitalists.
As long as they aren’t doing it with food or medicine, I have no problem with it.

No one is being forced to do something they don’t want.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean if you definition of freedom is letting predators be predators and letting idiots pay the price... sure. But more people generally despise others making money through unscrupulous means.

It's always interesting to me that half the population dislikes scalpers, and the other half thinks they are the ultimate capitalists.
People buy products low and re-sell them high all the time. Hell that's Amazon's entire business model. While their prices seem unusually high iIm sure they would come off somewhat to an actual buyer.

I still put more blame on the people buying cars this high over MSRP more than the stores capitalizing on the market. If it was any other industry they would probably get an award.

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
but who wants to just be "good enough"?

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What gets me is the dislike of dealerships being opportunistic, yet we will happily purchase event tickets from companies who are essentially scalpers like Stubhub, Vivid Seats, Live Nation, etc.
This is a billion dollar scam, but people are essentially stupid! lol

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Double-you tee effff..... (WTF!) Just burn it down, it's ruined forever.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But this isn't unscrupulous.

Ford Bronco They just can’t leave good enough alone. 1631285207478

tell me what is not honest or fair about this transaction?

They have Bronco's they're selling at a posted price. No one is forcing the consumer to buy it. Nor is anyone lying or being shady about it.

Unscrupulous is saying you'll charge MSPR, and then tacking on $10k ADM. That's not fair bc the buyer is trapped.

If someone wasn't willing to pay, then this Bronco would sit on the lot, and eventually they'd have to lower the price to meet market demand. But right now, someone is likely willing to pay. And that doesn't make them an idiot. They just have different priorities than you.

With your logic, we're all idiots and Ford is the predator that's just stringing us along. I've talked to many friends who have mentioned I'm an idiot for waiting this long, and they would never. But I just have different priorities than them.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is unscrupulous about it? If the dealership is acquiring the Broncos via legal and ethical means, then why can't they sell the vehicle at the highest price they are able to?

If the dealership was obtaining the Broncos by charging an order-holder ADM to force the person out of buying their order, then I would consider that an unethical means of acquiring the Bronco to sell to a customer off the street who is willing to pay ADM.
hahaha, see post above. I probably should've read yours first!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoBarn

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People buy products low and re-sell them high all the time. Hell that's Amazon's entire business model. While their prices seem unusually high iIm sure they would come off somewhat to an actual buyer.

I still put more blame on the people buying cars this high over MSRP more than the stores capitalizing on the market. If it was any other industry they would probably get an award.
This is what dealers do everyday, I think people have forgotten that dealers make money buying low and selling high.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what dealers do everyday, I think people have forgotten that dealers make money buying low and selling high.
Yea I mean that is what ALL retail business does. Somehow Dealers are evil for it though. 😂

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing is wrong with what Pilson Ford is doing. They buy from willing sellers and sell to willing buyers. Capitalism baby!
Not in and of itself, but this raises average prices across the board for something that Ford has established an MSRP for because now every dealer thinks they can sell a $40k truck for $80k just because a millionaire retiree in Florida's pension checks were burning a hole in his wallet.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco They just can’t leave good enough alone. 85cc8312488205dbda60239f94b5dead

IN MATTOON

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that just looks stupid to me, goes into bro-dozer territory, but somebody's gonna like it.

And want to complain about high markups, complain about the clothing industry or Starbucks with their 800+% markup on mediocre coffee.

There are lots fo people to whom 70k is like $70 to me, they don't care about a 20k markup if they want something. Dealer might as well take the money before an other dealer does.

I would not pay it, but I'd not want that "thing" in the photos for free if I had to keep it that way.

To each their own, I might never mod a thing on mine or take the doors off.
Sponsored