Sponsored

They should offer hardtop retrofit kit (with connection / switches preinstalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DISAGREE

Ford hasn't reneged on anything. Everyone will get exactly what they want AND Ford is also guaranteeing pricing for folks that get pushed into MY22. That's a big deal considering the price of everything is going up. Unfortunately, events out of Ford's control (hardtops, Covid, etc) have meant that early production has less flexibility than planned or expected. AND,,,

Entitlement is strong on this forum. $100 deposit for a custom vehicle is next to nothing and people saying they've been screwed by Ford, etc, etc is nonsense. Ford can only build so many Broncos with hardtops, big engine, Squatch, etc per month. That is a simple, unalterable fact. So, people complaining that a Big Bend 2.3 softtop reserved in August is being built before their day 1 reservation wildtrak is bullsh_t. Also, Ford never guaranteed anyone a vehicle by a certain date. Read the disclaimers from July 13, 2020. Yet, people feel Ford is screwing them. I agree entitlement has a negative connotation!

NO ONE IS being told they must compromise on anything (ex FEs not getting MOD). All any customer has to do is wait a bit longer for their custom vehicle. Show me where anyone HAS TO settle for less? Ford was also nice enough to lower the price of WT by about $1200 to compensate for getting MIC tops.

Anyone who wants out can get their $100 deposit back ANY time. But why would they? $100 buck is meaningless and they want their Bronco, so pissing (an moaning) into the wind is what they'll do.
Steven, you seem a little angry for someone who has already received a build date and VIN. :oops:

Perhaps strolling around the Palace of Versailles in a pompadour wig and yelling “Let them eat cake!” while the peasant mob gathers in revolt at the palace gate is not the best tactic under the circumstances? ;)
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Steven, you seem a little angry for someone who has already received a build date and VIN. :oops:

Perhaps strolling around the Palace of Versailles in a pompadour wig and yelling “Let them eat cake!” while the peasant mob gathers in revolt at the palace gate is not the best tactic under the circumstances? ;)
Haters gonna hate! Keep on whining, Ford OWES you!

HypebeastDad

Base
First Name
Tarikh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Town and country
Your Bronco Model
Base
So hope Ford is listening. You didn’t let us know that a soft top meant no wiring for the hardtop when we placed our orders in 2020. So pre wire them for hardtops or get ready for a large lawsuit. I’m sure I’m enough pissed off bronco owners will join in a suit against Ford.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haters gonna hate! Keep on whining, Ford OWES you!
No problem, Your Majesty. I’m just a humble Palace Guard doing my duty to protect and serve. Having said that, I think you should really listen to His Majesty. King Louis made an excellent point.

Ford Bronco They should offer hardtop retrofit kit (with connection / switches preinstalled) 9266F854-54FB-489C-B2B0-B9B334957B2D

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Holy shit. Are you guys serious with this? “It won’t cost Ford anything to pre-plumb soft top orders” is completely untrue. There are so many variables they would need to change to make that happen (like it or not, this is the way things work now), and if you’re saying it’s an easy change to make, you do not understand how large companies work, or how manufacturing works. You don’t think Ford has already looked into that?? This thread is a great reminder of why I took a break from this site.

Have fun with your complaining and absurd threats of lawsuits over a fucking defroster and rear wiper. I’ll be back when the majority of you complainers have bought yet another beige Toyota and aren’t infecting this place with your negativity.

Sponsored

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You falsely assume there is some infinite supply of soft tops. They scheduled builds based off initial orders, I promise they didn’t make an extra 10K soft tops just to sit in a warehouse.
An infinite supply? No, I didn’t assume that. A better supply/faster production than the webasto hard tops? Yes, I assumed that.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Holy shit. Are you guys serious with this? “It won’t cost Ford anything to pre-plumb soft top orders” is completely untrue. There are so many variables they would need to change to make that happen (like it or not, this is the way things work now), and if you’re saying it’s an easy change to make, you do not understand how large companies work, or how manufacturing works. You don’t think Ford has already looked into that?? This thread is a great reminder of why I took a break from this site.

Have fun with your complaining and absurd threats of lawsuits over a fucking defroster and rear wiper. I’ll be back when the majority of you complainers have bought yet another beige Toyota and aren’t infecting this place with your negativity.
Bye Felicia.

CARdiac

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 Alpha, MINI Cooper S JCW, TVR 280i
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would definitely take that option.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is really a “kick the can” sorta move. In ‘22, they’re going to attempt to launch modular and body color tops. Having to squeeze in an extra 20k back ordered tops will keep the pressure on the plant in a non productive plant.
The webasto plant will probably produce 20,000 tops in 2021. Asking them to produce 120,000 seems quite impossible.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

RIDICULOUS!

The LAST things Ford wants to do are:

1) Spend time and money wiring soft top vehicles to accommodate hard tops
2) Worry about customers AFTER their vehicle has shipped
3) Ship a bunch of hradtops later and sell for a discount

REALITY

a) Enough people will change their orders (softtops, 2.3, etc) to keep full production going
b) Customer orders (obligations) will continue to get filled
c) People that want hardtops, Squatch, 2.7L, etc will wait a little longer
d) Entitled folks will piss & moan until their Broncos arrive
you forgot

E) when soft top orders dwindle they will build softtops for dealer stock.

can’t wait for heads to explode on that one.

So true. It’s always the same whiny babies in every single thread. Mods need to break out the ban hammer to get this shit under control before there is no one left but the cry babies.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So true. It’s always the same whiny babies in every single thread. Mods need to break out the ban hammer to get this shit under control before there is no one left but the cry babies.
Luckily there's that "ignore" option on here, quite useful.

I just hope I'll never run into any of these "manly men" and "tough guys" crying about Ford not giving them what they "deserve", LOL. Lots of tough guy talk, ohhh, even class action lawsuit nonsense! because their toy doesn't show up when they want. During a global pandemic with crazy cost increases on just about any commodity out there. But apparently they "deserve" something for their little downpayment. Oh, some even feel disrespected. By a billion dollar corporation, LOL.

But hey, at least they all know exactly how to run Ford and what Ford really should do, Ford should just listen to these keyboard warriors advice, they know!! LOL.

I've been on many forums for decades, got on the internet before Netscape ever thought about inventing a "browser". Rarely have I been on one with more whiny negative Nancies (no offense to anyone named Nancy, my wife's aunt is Nancy, she's also not a whiner).

If this wait really trips you out, just delete this forum for a while, come back when you get your VIN e-mail, by then we'll hopefully have non whiny posts by actual owners showing what they're doing with and to their rigs, nothing really interesting will happen between today and then anyways. Though the way this forum is going recently, we'll probably have lots of whining about small issues threads instead. The plastic looks cheap, there was too much air in my tires, the radio isn't loud enough, my ass is sweaty when it's hot....

Some people just seem to enjoy spending their life bitching and moaning about things on some website, hey, what ever floats your boat. Not my cup of tea though. I'm very much looking forward to my Bronco, when ever it shows up it'll be at least as much fun as I imagine.

But go on, tell Ford how to run their business and fabricate roofs out of thin air :-D

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hard top (MIC) is a must for me.....they even try pushing a soft top on me....they will lose my order. I want a hard top, end of story.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
DISAGREE

Ford hasn't reneged on anything. Everyone will get exactly what they want AND Ford is also guaranteeing pricing for folks that get pushed into MY22. That's a big deal considering the price of everything is going up. Unfortunately, events out of Ford's control (hardtops, Covid, etc) have meant that early production has less flexibility than planned or expected. AND,,,

Entitlement is strong on this forum. $100 deposit for a custom vehicle is next to nothing and people saying they've been screwed by Ford, etc, etc is nonsense. Ford can only build so many Broncos with hardtops, big engine, Squatch, etc per month. That is a simple, unalterable fact. So, people complaining that a Big Bend 2.3 softtop reserved in August is being built before their day 1 reservation wildtrak is bullsh_t. Also, Ford never guaranteed anyone a vehicle by a certain date. Read the disclaimers from July 13, 2020. Yet, people feel Ford is screwing them. I agree entitlement has a negative connotation!

NO ONE IS being told they must compromise on anything (ex FEs not getting MOD). All any customer has to do is wait a bit longer for their custom vehicle. Show me where anyone HAS TO settle for less? Ford was also nice enough to lower the price of WT by about $1200 to compensate for getting MIC tops.

Anyone who wants out can get their $100 deposit back ANY time. But why would they? $100 buck is meaningless and they want their Bronco, so pissing (an moaning) into the wind is what they'll do.
hard agree with you.

They already promised the price, which is great. My only wish for Ford is maybe that they not change anything. keep the paint colors the same for 22 (or at least dont delete any), and maybe avoid the annual feature decay that seems to be hitting every car these days.

j_DUB

Badlands
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know if there will be an aftermarket hard top available? I’ve been searching and haven’t found one, but would be willing to switch to soft top if I could confirm Bestop (or the like) had a bolt on option I could order ahead of winter.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.