Sponsored

They should offer hardtop retrofit kit (with connection / switches preinstalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
you forgot

E) when soft top orders dwindle they will build softtops for dealer stock.

can’t wait for heads to explode on that one.

So true. It’s always the same whiny babies in every single thread. Mods need to break out the ban hammer to get this shit under control before there is no one left but the cry babies.
That's the ticket! Ban people you don't agree with. 🙄
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bump

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only reason other "deadly sins" aren't delaying orders is that the top situation is so much worse.

If Ford had a magic fix for the top issue, a bunch of people with 2.7L, lux, sas, etc would probably still be delayed. That reduces the incentive for Ford to create an expensive workaround for the tops.... it doesn't entirely get them out of the woods.

Also it's probably not as simple as we think for them to rapidly produce tens of thousands more soft tops than they've been planning for. We could quickly go from being constrained on MIC tops to being constrained by all tops.

As a consumer, I'd take the simple solution in a heartbeat, but I can understand why it's not a slam dunk for Ford.

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know I would even be fine if Ford committed to making a aftermarket option for MIC/MOD tops down the road for soft tops. I just need the connections, I could care less about the wipers that look more or less useless.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

BK1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a simple way to ship some more 2 doors. I don’t want a hard top, but was forced to take it. Seems like they need this option.
Agree!! I would of ordered a soft top on my 2 door and more then likely a different color. ordered carbonized grey because of the hard top match.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I asked my contact at Ford about this a few months ago and he said it wasn’t likely to happen but it was something they looked into.

Honestly I can’t even remember the last time I used my rear wiper. I’ll probably swap to a soft top and either live with it or add the hard top and who cares about the rear washer 🤷‍♂️
I agree rear wiper isn't a big deal. Sedans don't have them.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've used the rear wiper on our Jetta wagon quite a bit, will have to see what it does on the Bronco, at least the entire motor unit is nicely behind the spare tire. It'll be better than nothing I think, plus if I have to buy it with the top, it better work. I'm sticking to MIC anyways, but would entertain a switch if it's all wired, wanted dual top and would put the soft top on right away anyways. Well, if I get it somewhere still resembling summer or early autumn, LOL.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Option presented, costs Ford $

Alternative option, fill all the orders you can, then if you have no more reservations for soft tops make units with soft tops and ship to dealers to sell = making $.

Wonder which one Ford would choose?
This! They might lose a few reservations over this but they already have a 2-year backlog so why not let hungry dealers put some Broncos on their lots? It's a win-win for Ford and they don't have to change a thing.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, apparently insults are OK but talking about the fact that global warming is an issue gets your posts deleted. And thats on the Lightning electric truck forum too. Go figure.
Im not an admin
and not part of that thread.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

EVERYONE STOP THE PRESSES.

I just got word from an insider at Ford that's working at the webasto plant, that if you sign an affidavit that pineapple belongs on pizza, they will bump your 2Dr MIC hardtop to the front of the line!

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im not an admin
and not part of that thread.
Oh I wasn't referring to you directly, I'm sorry. I was venting.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would go with a soft top if Ford ran the wiring for the wiper and plumbing for windshield washer and then provided a reduced cost for the MIC top and free installation of the hardtop when available.
You can bet that puppy isn't going to be $695 when you buy it from the parts counter. I suspect they will be fetching $2,000 or more, plus shipping. I like the idea of a discount coupon to anyone who switched from a MIC to Soft Top, regardless of if they want it or not.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.