First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I was really hoping for was that MyQ had an app that I could download on the Sync system. That way I wouldn't need a garage door opener and could just open/close it from the screen in the Bronco.

Was disappointed to find that it does not. :(
Just the phone app but we've always got our phones on us so it's quite handy.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a smart garage door opener (MyQ). Each time the door opens, closes, or stops it will send a notification to my phone. If you had one of those, it would likely wake you up in the middle of the night.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With an open vehicle parked outside at night, are there any good tactics to disable the use of the garage door opener? I have Lux in the visor, however, I don't think there's anything unique to my situation.
I've heard of putting the garage door motor on a smart plug and shutting off power to the plug on a schedule, however, are there any other methods you're using?
I park outside so I never program the onboard door opener. One sure fired way is if you have a dead bolt on the overhead door lock it at night. It is typically just a bar that slide into the track above the wheels. Or you can stick a heavy duty screw driver through the rail and above one of the wheels.

Sponsored

captvideo

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 05 M3, 55 MG, 60 Austin Healey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading this thread I decided to add the FordPass skill to my Alexa account. Then added the phrase to lock my car to a routine that I already created that turns off my lights at night. This way every night I know my car will be locked so nobody can use the HomeLink remote to open my garage even when the windows are done in the summer.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I had my house built in 2017, there weren't really much options. As my garage has a window with a window AC and an external door to the outside. I pretty much have to rely upon the alarm, so there are glass breakage sensors, motion sensors (don't really use these unless I'm away for a long time) and sensors on the window, door and both garage doors.

The garage door sensors are set on a time delay, to allow me to pull in and turn off the alarm either manually, remote control, phone or Alexa. I can turn on and off the time delay, so in Vacation mode it turns off the time delay. Even when it goes into time delay, the inside alarm panels sounds off, so I know every time as soon as the garage door is opened.

Ford Bronco Thieves and garage door openers IMG_0958-XL
Sponsored