Sponsored

Things I’m leaving out of my Bronco Wildtrak 2022 specs in the hopes of adding later

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Things I’m leaving out of my Bronco Wildtrak 2022 specs in the hopes of adding later F227B94E-18BD-4A81-93B0-CA844FF793D1

My priority in choosing parts and accessories will be maximizing my chances of getting scheduled for production sooner rather than later.
In doing so I have left out a lot and my main rule is, any item that I want that can be added later and that is likely to reduce my chances of getting scheduled early will be thrown out.

Which of these can we add later:
- slide out tailgate
-rook rack
- towing package( I know they are sending prep kits but not sure if it’s to everyone)
- hard top prep kit( same here, do I need to do anything to indicate that I will be upgrading to hard top later to receive prep kit or are they given to everyone)?

Please add any other accessories/ add-ons I have missed that if we leave out we may not be able to add later on!!!- obviously things like engine size or entertainment package cannot be upgraded- I’m referring specifically to the less obvious stuff.
Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would check on the roof rack, as I understand it requires the "roof rails", and I know that with some of the auto manufacturers roof rails need to be factory installed, a dealer cannot install rails after the fact. Not sure if that is the case with Ford or not, just check to make sure.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Get the towing package if you will actually be towing. If it's just for a bike or basket rack get an aftermarket hitch.

OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tailgate will get you 99nd, late availability and not retrofitable
This is cruel, Ford! They dangle all this stuff and then put us in impossible situations- definitely don’t want to be 99’ed and definitely want the slide out. I wonder If it will be possible to get anything aftermarket.

Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is cruel, Ford! They dangle all this stuff and then put us in impossible situations- definitely don’t want to be 99’ed and definitely want the slide out. I wonder If it will be possible to get anything aftermarket.
They know how to build the hype. I give their marketing and development crews credit.

OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They know how to build the hype. I give their marketing and development crews credit.
They should embed some engineers with those marketing folks to inject a little bit of reality to their marketing fantasies.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the first that I've heard about a towing prep kit. What does it include?
There’s no towing prep kit. There’s the towing package which is the receiver and 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness pre-wired. If you want to do it yourself later, it seems they only sell the 4-pin wiring by itself. So if you need 7-pin than factory install is required.

Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s no towing prep kit. There’s the towing package which is the receiver and 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness pre-wired. If you want to do it yourself later, it seems they only sell the 4-pin wiring by itself. So if you need 7-pin than factory install is required.
Yeah, I know. The original post mentioned it.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I know. The original post mentioned it.
I stand corrected. No expert here. That’s why I’m thankful to the forum for bring the pros and non-pros together.
Sponsored