Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which location?

It used to be bring-your-own-coffee but I think they fixed that now, still may want to crap a cup on the way just in case. They provide water and plenty of snacks. Bring layers of clothing and probably a back pack. Brush up on off-road basics and Bronco facts for trivia. Don't expect them to be able to answer questions on scheduling, production, differences between models or real specific Bronco questions, they are off-road enthusiasts not Ford employees (although I suspect they have learned quite a bit at this point). Have fun.
They did have coffee in NH when I went in September, and it was good. Not amazing, but not worthy of a complaint.
Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder though, if one says at their recommended hotel if after the event it is common for groups of the like-minded Bronco enthusiasts choose to hang out.

I booked late and there was no space so saved money staying someplace else but always wondered if I missed that experience.

I did have so much fun talking with others in our off-rodeo group at the luncheon afterwards and have stayed in touch with a few since.

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had my own car for the Vegas Off-Roadeo last year, but some folks took Uber/Lyft and had problems with the driver finding the place and also getting a good cell signal.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Approach the first obstacle at around 25+ mph. Then you'll get the most improved. 😆

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my own car for the Vegas Off-Roadeo last year, but some folks took Uber/Lyft and had problems with the driver finding the place and also getting a good cell signal.
This. If you're doing Nevada it's a good drive out of town. I would advise a rental car.

Sponsored

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One thing that I recall that was an issue for some (but not me). If you feel strongly about driving a car exactly (or similar) to yours, make sure you speak up when selecting cars. I personally didn't care, but some folks in my group really wanted a XZY model and/or a specific color and were disappointed they couldn't have that one. I would have gladly swapped, but didn't know that until lunch.

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My only question is which location has the most two doors to use for the off-rodeo?

Dwadeuru10

Badlands
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vegas. Confirmed they do NOT have a shuttle last week.

Was a little shocked. As a guy who has organized events in the past - I just assumed everybody did this. One of the advantages normally to staying at the recommended hotel.

No worries. I've already reserved a rental car. I've got all day Sunday to kill so it will allow me to explore a little.
I did the Vegas Off-Roadeo in September. I live in SLC, UT so I was able to get a 6am flight, rented a car, then right to the airport afterwards to fly back around 10pm. Flights were free with points, rental car cost $60, won $80 playing slots at the airport, so essentially a free trip!

I had no prior off-roading experience, so I had no idea what to expect. But I feel comfortable going out and about now!

The highlight was I didn't bring a guest, so I had a Bronco to myself all day with the instructor in the passenger seat giving me tips all day. Enjoy!

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We did Austin this time last year and loved it. Recommend that you carry plenty of water bottles with you while on the trail. We went through a ton. Coming from VA, we did not realize how dry it was and how much water we needed to drink. Light jacket for sure. TX weather changed drastically from morning until evening and I expect that Vegas will be similar. You will have a blast and learn a ton of new things even if you have your Bronco already. We did not stay in the place they recommended. We stayed a little further away in a Hampton Inn and it was great. We paid less than half of the rate they wanted for Horseshoe Bay. Good thing because we had horrible flight problems and ended up in Dallas. We had to drive 3.5 hours to the hotel instead of 45 minutes from Austin. Got in bed at 3am and back up at 6 to get loaded up and be there by 7:30am. Hotel cost us about $50 per hour... We stuck around and talked to the people that worked there for a long time. Most everybody else in our group took off as soon as it was over. Austin is so different because you never leave the compound. The Bronco never comes out of 4-low. Lunch is there. Dinner is there. Great experience. Maybe people that have done Vegas will have better insight.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only question is which location has the most two doors to use for the off-rodeo?
NH had about 40 Broncos total, maybe 8 were 2 door. Our group was 5 4 door and 2 2 door. I made a B line for a 2 door as did one other guy. I think there was one person who was disappointed they couldn’t get a 2 door. Hank said someone else puts out the Broncos for the day and that he didn’t have a say.

Sponsored

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vegas. Confirmed they do NOT have a shuttle last week.

Was a little shocked. As a guy who has organized events in the past - I just assumed everybody did this. One of the advantages normally to staying at the recommended hotel.

No worries. I've already reserved a rental car. I've got all day Sunday to kill so it will allow me to explore a little.
What day are you going? I’m reserved for Saturday the 12th and staying at the Red Rock. I do have a car rented.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suggest bringing your significant other particularly so if that partner is someone that likes to get information from “experts” in a given field.

Others’ advice is also good: layers, BYOC.

I went to Vegas only because there are many cheap flights and turos for rent. I don’t have any time for the Vegas lifestyle so I stayed at the Best Western in Pahrump.

If you meet cool people, exchange contact info – I missed out on this and presumed I’d be able to find people on BN but wasn’t able to.

Have fun!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Austin is so different because you never leave the compound. The Bronco never comes out of 4-low. Lunch is there. Dinner is there. Great experience. Maybe people that have done Vegas will have better insight.
Vegas is the same, once you get to the compound you don't leave until it is over. They also gave us a Yeti water bottle and had plenty of filling stations where you could hop out and top off.

And OP, good decision on the rental car. When we were in Vegas a younger couple took an Uber and got dropped off at the gate. We ended up giving them a ride back to the strip. And it isn't to far out, maybe a 40 minute drive (from the strip) if I remember right.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at Nevada in the Spring and it was too windy to have the campfire after dinner. Be prepared to be flexible because of the weather.

All of the topics they cover can be done with either a 2 or 4 door with no difference.

The best part about not taking someone else is there's a good chance an instructor will ride with you and you get 1x1 time to ask them all kinds of questions.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went to NH last October. It was hugely disappointing. It appears I got unlucky on the day I went. It was raining and they were understaffed. We had one leader who was serving about 10 customer drivers. We spent most of the day stopped waiting for the leader to help navigate people over obstacles, sometimes waiting for 30 minutes or more waiting to be told we could move forward. We drove a total of 4 miles the entire day. The whole group was disappointed. Fortunately I didn't spend much to go. Some other people flew in for it and I felt bad for them.

I contacted Ford to see if they would rebook me but per usual with Ford... they said they would look into it but then... crickets.

My advice would be to try to pick a day that won't be crowded and call ahead to make sure they are adequately staffed to provide a good experience.
Sponsored