KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I know that many people are fond of these features and I do understand why.

BUT...

for me personally:

1. I really probably will never take the doors off. I feel that with the top removed, it gives enough of an open air feeling. I will keep the doors on for the arm rest factor, safety, and additional dust control. Just really don't see a reason for removing them.

2. I know the 12" screen is nice by those who have seen it, but I have no interest in a larger screen. Right now, I have enough screens and digital crap in my life that I am not looking to complicate it any further. I'm tired of all the digital life, cameras everywhere, etc. Just looking to keep things simple! Crank up the tunes and roll on down the road!

Anyone else in this boat?
Sponsored

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First. Welcome to the forums

#1 - Most people will probably take their doors off a couple times at the beginning and get tired of it.

#2 - No I'm not in the same boat. I've seen both the 12" and 8" in person and the 12" is awesome. Bigger is better.

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

BUT...

for me personally:

1. I really probably will never take the doors off. I feel that with the top removed, it gives enough of an open air feeling. I will keep the doors on for the arm rest factor, safety, and additional dust control. Just really don't see a reason for removing them.

2. I know the 12" screen is nice by those who have seen it, but I have no interest in a larger screen. Right now, I have enough screens and digital crap in my life that I am not looking to complicate it any further. I'm tired of all the digital life, cameras everywhere, etc. Just looking to keep things simple! Crank up the tunes and roll on down the road!

I am not in your boat. My boat has no doors and the glare of the giant screen is blinding.

ManSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco, 17' F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think my opinion is just the opposite. I haven't owned a wrangler before (always wanted to) but the idea of taking off the doors while cruising around the beach sounds amazing to me. I also might upgrade to the 12" screen when my MY22 ordering starts. I plan to keep this thing for 10 years and might as well include technology that will be the norm in the future.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen them both in person, and while the 8” screen itself isn’t bad, I don’t like the look of the full dash with the 8” screen because it was designed for a 12” screen and therefore it has to make up the space with extra plastic bezel material. And, the 12” screen was awesome in person.

Sponsored

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BUT...

for me personally:

I am in the same boat as far as the door, cant see myself taking them off too often. The screen options I am excited about and as I get older bigger is better! Currently, I have a screen which is about 3 inches. I want the extreme opposite in this Bronco, but to each their own. If I need it and its an option, most likely it will get purchased. Regardless, I really wanted the heated steering wheel the most!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doors most likely will come off a few times in the summer...top & doors off is just a cool experience IMO.
At first I didn't have much interest in the 12" screen but now after comparing in the flesh I'm in.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think my opinion is just the opposite. I haven't owned a wrangler before (always wanted to) but the idea of taking off the doors while cruising around the beach sounds amazing to me. I also might upgrade to the 12" screen when my MY22 ordering starts. I plan to keep this thing for 10 years and might as well include technology that will be the norm in the future.
Ditto. On some...
I have owned a couple of Wranglers and currently own another 01.
Taking the doors off (and I was pondering this just this morning while driving in open-air bald eagle freedom style) is a snap in that 01.
Literally lift and done.
The Bronc is going to add a bit of effort, time, and (relatively) complexity to it. Honestly I for sure won't have the doors on and off nearly as often, but the fact that it is designed to be done and is going to be awesome...I'll definitely be taking them off the Bronc every chance I get when torrential downpours aren't forecasted.
A little rain and such ain't no big deal.
Toad-strangler-level rain?
Nah, that isn't fun at all. Been there, done that in a Jeep and on a Motorcycle.
But it will happen, for sure it will happen.
And agreed on the screen. It fits the dash design so much better. And aging eyes trying to look at the Nav...yeah, gimme the big 'un, please, Ford. ("that's what she said" obligatory statement).

Sponsored

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On the Doors - absolutely they will be taken off whenever I can. I have had three wranglers over the years and driving with the top and doors off is one of those simple pleasures in life that never gets old. And I am hoping the Bronco doors are easier to manage than the Wrangler doors because of the half door design.

On the screen - I’m indifferent. As my wife says - it’s not the size of the screen that matters it’s what you do with it!!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I won’t be taking my doors off. I agree with your first point. The open air experience will be plenty good with the roof off.

I disagree with your second point; I’d rather have a 12” screen. Bigger is better (That’s what she said…).

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m with you about the doors. I had a jeep with half doors and never took the doors off. Given the Bronco doors are frameless, I don’t feel I would ever have the urge to take them off.

12” screen I feel looks better plus you get the camera too. 8” is fine. I have it in my F150. But as was said, the plastic filler makes it less appealing. With that said, if a camera was standalone I think more people would just stick with the 8”.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BUT...

for me personally:

1) I wouldn't be buying it if doors weren't removable. That component makes the experience for a toy like Bronco in the summer. Absolutely a must have and very under-rated.

2) I don;t really care about the screen size, but the front facing camera and the ability to self spot routinely, is a game changer. Another great feature.

So no....not in that boat.

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think I'll take the doors off much more often than taking the roof off. Mainly because it's a 2 person job getting the roof off and I'm hopelessly single.
Sponsored