Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No rear ac vents

No painted modular top

No power fold mirrors (with all the other power features???)

No gorilla glass windshield option ( once u have yours awhile, you'll get this)

But overall really liking!
Ah! Yes, I forgot the mirrors. Thanks.
Sponsored

Deleted member 21681

My man, if you think #4 is bad now, you’re gonna shit when you see the mandatory “kill switch” that’s coming in all new cars by 2026. Snuck into the infrastructure bill, supposed to passively monitor for signs of impaired driving, alert authorities, and give them a button to remotely kill your car. But don’t worry! It’ll only ever be used in situations where you’ve had “too much to drink” and not if you’ve had “too much to think”!
It will never, ever be used in any other situation ever! They pinky-promise!

Quiz

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Butzy. Thanks. But you obviously didnt read it carefully. While I of course agree with you. I also stated that if drowsy, then the audible makes more sense than having to keep your eyes on the display. Perhaps some reading licenses need to be revoked though ; )
My steering wheel vibrates, and that’s fine, this thing already chimes, farts and whistles enough as it is. Its like my Samsung washer and dryer.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What drives me crazy is that I've used google maps through android auto ONE TIME, I use Spotify EVERY TIME I DRIVE, and the screen always tries to default to google maps even though I keep location on my phone turned off so it just gives a blank screen that says "cannot connect" instead of showing me the artwork for the Joe Rogan Experience. Unbelievable...

Seriously though, it is a very minor annoyance that the AA screen doesn't default to what I actually use all the time.
That’s strange. Mine defaults to Spotify, which I assumed was just defaulting to “last used”

Shaggy

Big Bend
First Name
Antoni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, VW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Butzy. Thanks. But you obviously didnt read it carefully. While I of course agree with you. I also stated that if drowsy, then the audible makes more sense than having to keep your eyes on the display. Perhaps some reading licenses need to be revoked though ; )
you can set different intensity levels for this function. From just a visual warning, up to more significant steering corrections with steering wheel vibration warning

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"If the World was perfect, it wouldn't be" Yogi Berra

You bought a Year 1 Bronco and a FE with all the bells&whistles to boot. Take it back to the dealer and get your Bronco's faults and quirks fixed, adjusted or explained

Your choice is easy. Either embrace the Suck or get out of it while you can.

Last edited:

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope I am putting this in the right place, forgive me if not. I can't complain to my neighbors because they drive fuel efficient vehicles and dont understand but I figured my Bronco brethren here might relate. I am not sure, but I think this is a general thoughts section and these are some general thoughts that perhaps Ford may find viable. It's also possible that I am mistaken, and someone may enlighten me but please be kind cause I'm a beginner.

1) Why no manual? My last vehicle had way more pages than the Bronco PDF and they had no problems putting one out. I like flipping pages and it allows me to discover interesting things about my vehicle that I may not have been looking for. I don't want to sit in my garage going through a menu on a small screen for something that sounds like what I may be looking for either.

2) What is the value of lane drift warning where you have to keep your eyes off the road and on the display in order to see if you're drifting? My last vehicle would howl at me if I came close to a road stripe. If I got tired, it would wake me up. The Bronco is mute - no audible warnings at all. I thought it was not working and totally surprised that such a pricy vehicle had no audible warning. Also, I've noticed, that it's not very good at all with markings. A great number of the time I can run over very clearly defined ones and it never warns me.

3) Electronics gone wild on this thing. I mean randomly I will get a variety of angry messages, like "Hill Start Assist Not Available", "Service AdvanceTrac", "Check Brake System", "Pre-Collision Assist Not Available", etc. - and I'm not even moving. The instrument cluster sometimes does funky things like flicker.

4) Spyware. Reading the PDF makes you realize how much spyware is installed in this thing. It's a bit bizarre, especially when it warns you that:
- " If you use our services, we collect and use data, for example account information, vehicle location and driving characteristics, that could identify you. We transmit this data through a dedicated, protected connection. We only collect and use data to enable your use of our services to which you have subscribed, with your consent or where permitted by law. " --Ok, so like your smart phone don't use the service I guess? It simply clutters the menus.
- "We may provide information in response to requests from law enforcement, other government authorities and third parties acting with lawful authority or through a legal process. Such information could be used by them in legal proceedings.
Data recorded includes, for example:
  • Operating states of system components, for example fuel level, tire pressure and battery charge level.
  • Vehicle and component status, for example wheel speed, deceleration, lateral acceleration and seatbelt status.
  • Events or errors in essential systems, for example headlamps and brakes.
  • System responses to driving situations, for example airbag deployment and stability control.
  • Environmental conditions, for example temperature.
Some of this data, when used in combination with other information, for example an accident report, damage to a vehicle or eyewitness statements, could be associated with a specific person. " -- And your vehicle becomes witness against you? Sounds like an Orwellian vehicle.
5) The cameras on this thing are useless when it rains. I would not complain about this because after all they are getting wet but in other vehicles I've own they simply were not so bad. Meaning I could still make things out as they had some level of protection but with the Bronco, they simply become useless.

I was always a true believer of the Rubicon but thought I'd give Ford a try...considering the covid price I paid for this FE, I feel a bit stupid now. Again, this could be the ramblings of a Ford newbie who just doesn't understand how things work but I guess that's what this forum is about so I definitely appreciate any input. Thanks.
Not sure about your other comments, but as far as the cameras go, try using RainX on them. I do and for the most part it keeps the lens free of excess water spots while its raining. Reapply RainX periodically and/or when you notice water on the image.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

you can set different intensity levels for this function. From just a visual warning, up to more significant steering corrections with steering wheel vibration warning
My dealer spent an hour going through all of the safety features with us, he definitely showed us how to change the intensity for vibration and audio notifications. I don't remember how to get there lol but it is an option.

Sponsored

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What drives me crazy is that I've used google maps through android auto ONE TIME, I use Spotify EVERY TIME I DRIVE, and the screen always tries to default to google maps even though I keep location on my phone turned off so it just gives a blank screen that says "cannot connect" instead of showing me the artwork for the Joe Rogan Experience. Unbelievable...

Seriously though, it is a very minor annoyance that the AA screen doesn't default to what I actually use all the time.
I can't speak for the Android app but Apple CarPlay lets you configure your "home screen" and visible apps by hitting settings while using CarPlay itself. You can even go so far as changing the wallpaper.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the ramblings and musings of a bronco order fulfilled...to those still waiting it does sound a bit petty...

BTW - it does come with the only manual I care about...and the only reason I'm holding on to my order...
Yes...what Freyer said. I couldn't give a poop about about a paper manual. The 7-spd manual I now row is an entirely different story... :ROFLMAO:

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2) What is the value of lane drift warning where you have to keep your eyes off the road and on the display in order to see if you're drifting? My last vehicle would howl at me if I came close to a road stripe. If I got tired, it would wake me up. The Bronco is mute - no audible warnings at all. I thought it was not working and totally surprised that such a pricy vehicle had no audible warning. Also, I've noticed, that it's not very good at all with markings. A great number of the time I can run over very clearly defined ones and it never warns me.
All of this is configurable under "Driver Assistance/Lane Keeping System" in your settings. For an explanation and help, refer to pages 249-255 in the owner's manual.

DaPierogiKid

Outer Banks
First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I feel the same way about the manual I do not want to have to scroll threw my screen to find what I need .I dont need to worry about the camera in the rain sense I live in Vegas and it never rains .
It's funny. I've been in marketing focus groups and you'd be amazed at the amount of people that have no interest or never look at a manual. I see why that's been cut out. I personally use them.