ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good if you have your phone with you or the person driving it has the app on their phone. ;) and does the app need cell coverage to work?

I'm not arguing the point, I just think a paper copy in the glove box wouldn't hurt, especially if one is dropping $40K+. Probably the Chinese printer has the Wuhan-22, and can't print copies. Lol.
Once you have the manual saved on your phone you donā€™t need cell service to access it. Welcome to the 21st century. šŸ˜‰
Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4500 miles--
1. Ford Pass (spyware) Agree don't sign up for it or remove fuse #20
2. Gas mileage is a joke and tank is small
3. Tow /Receiver and spare tire are tight, marginally useful
4. Wildtrack suspension too soft to tow, but powerful enough to tow some stuff.
5. Careful with left knee and light switch exiting vehicle
6. 1 rock chip every 1k miles........This has been well documented, carry a repair kit and good coverage.
7. All new cars......but still annoying. Skins are paper thin. Tap on an old school car and there is metal/substance--
8. Should come direct w/ Door Sills or option to get
9. Still waiting on rock rails (12-9-2021) patience is running thin, but at least I have my ride
10. yea, the driver alert is not a hassle but it is an annoyance.
11. Tires (C Rated)---D U M B
12. Tires (well documented) pick up and throw every rock from 1/4 to 3/4 inch........
13. Cheap, Cheap, Cheap plastic........thin. a minor scrape will be with your for a lifetime.

Overall, I like it, it is cool, it is capable, it is not a jeep, super functional and has plenty of power.

I was buying a Land Rover Discovery back in the day, I asked about the cost of an oil change and brake change just to get a baseline on repair/ownership costs--the dude was a douche but said something I'll never forget, "People that can afford this vehicle, don't ask those questions."

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
buy a 4runner

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone else been watching these videos from the UK? People in various vehicles trying to cross water on a closed road. I've watched hours of this.

1. This reminds me of a horror movie where the weird townsfolk trap unsuspecting people traveling past their village, and then use them for some type of ritual sacrifice.

2. Seriously though, were they out of high water/road closed signs?

3. Did the local tow truck/auto shop steal the signs?

...Inquiring minds want to know. šŸ¤”

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only complaint is due to the current order and build issues I canā€™t immediately order and acquire a second two door Bronco.

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone else been watching these videos from the UK? People in various vehicles trying to cross water on a closed road. I've watched hours of this.

I haven't watched hours of it but I stumbled upon those videos and probably watched for about 45 minutes straight

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for posting, I appreciate it and learned from it. Iā€™m sure that others may have some of those questions and concerns and most of your issues were addressed by other members, thatā€™s where this board is most useful.

As always the whiney children jumped in to clog the board to complain and cry about their first world problems and attack the post - ā€œFord wonā€™t take my $50K, boohooā€œ ā€How dare you, Iā€™ve been waiting so long, sniff, sniffā€ Geezess, grow up people, it aint always about you. As usual those comments are unhelpful, selfish, and unnecessary.

Trax0r

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger R/T Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered an Outer Banks 2.7L SAS and after reading the horror stories here about the delays, I decided to buy one off the lot if I could get it reasonably - which I was able to do (non-SAS, 2.3L). My intent with my Bronco order and subsequently this purchase was to likely flip it when I retire at the end of 2022 - my thought was this vehicle would hold it's value fairly well and I wanted to keep commute miles off the Challenger Scat Pack Shaker I bought in October. I also wanted to have some light off-roading fun with the Bronco. I've had the Bronco for about 6 weeks and I can honestly say, I'm not sure which vehicle I will sell when I retire, I enjoy the Bronco that much.

FWIW - I have enjoyed it so much that if/when my ordered one does arrive I am leaning towards purchasing it and disposing of this Outer Banks and the Challenger, since I would prefer a 2.7L and the Sasquatch package. Like so many here, I'm not holding my breath my ordered one will arrive, even before I retire :mad:. I feel fortunate that I have one to enjoy while waiting though and am customizing mine to enjoy and possibly keep for the long term.
As much as I love my scatty, I plan on trading it for my Wildtrak whenever it's built and delivered. Until then, I'll just keep doing burnouts and enjoying my time with it. It is really a fun machine.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope I am putting this in the right place, forgive me if not. I can't complain to my neighbors because they drive fuel efficient vehicles and dont understand but I figured my Bronco brethren here might relate. I am not sure, but I think this is a general thoughts section and these are some general thoughts that perhaps Ford may find viable. It's also possible that I am mistaken, and someone may enlighten me but please be kind cause I'm a beginner.

1) Why no manual? My last vehicle had way more pages than the Bronco PDF and they had no problems putting one out. I like flipping pages and it allows me to discover interesting things about my vehicle that I may not have been looking for. I don't want to sit in my garage going through a menu on a small screen for something that sounds like what I may be looking for either.

2) What is the value of lane drift warning where you have to keep your eyes off the road and on the display in order to see if you're drifting? My last vehicle would howl at me if I came close to a road stripe. If I got tired, it would wake me up. The Bronco is mute - no audible warnings at all. I thought it was not working and totally surprised that such a pricy vehicle had no audible warning. Also, I've noticed, that it's not very good at all with markings. A great number of the time I can run over very clearly defined ones and it never warns me.

3) Electronics gone wild on this thing. I mean randomly I will get a variety of angry messages, like "Hill Start Assist Not Available", "Service AdvanceTrac", "Check Brake System", "Pre-Collision Assist Not Available", etc. - and I'm not even moving. The instrument cluster sometimes does funky things like flicker.

4) Spyware. Reading the PDF makes you realize how much spyware is installed in this thing. It's a bit bizarre, especially when it warns you that:
- " If you use our services, we collect and use data, for example account information, vehicle location and driving characteristics, that could identify you. We transmit this data through a dedicated, protected connection. We only collect and use data to enable your use of our services to which you have subscribed, with your consent or where permitted by law. " --Ok, so like your smart phone don't use the service I guess? It simply clutters the menus.
- "We may provide information in response to requests from law enforcement, other government authorities and third parties acting with lawful authority or through a legal process. Such information could be used by them in legal proceedings.
Data recorded includes, for example:
  • Operating states of system components, for example fuel level, tire pressure and battery charge level.
  • Vehicle and component status, for example wheel speed, deceleration, lateral acceleration and seatbelt status.
  • Events or errors in essential systems, for example headlamps and brakes.
  • System responses to driving situations, for example airbag deployment and stability control.
  • Environmental conditions, for example temperature.
Some of this data, when used in combination with other information, for example an accident report, damage to a vehicle or eyewitness statements, could be associated with a specific person. " -- And your vehicle becomes witness against you? Sounds like an Orwellian vehicle.
5) The cameras on this thing are useless when it rains. I would not complain about this because after all they are getting wet but in other vehicles I've own they simply were not so bad. Meaning I could still make things out as they had some level of protection but with the Bronco, they simply become useless.

I was always a true believer of the Rubicon but thought I'd give Ford a try...considering the covid price I paid for this FE, I feel a bit stupid now. Again, this could be the ramblings of a Ford newbie who just doesn't understand how things work but I guess that's what this forum is about so I definitely appreciate any input. Thanks.
1) I have it in PDF but I get your point and would have preferred for them to print the manual.

2) Check your lane departure settings. Mine is set to give haptic feedback in the steering wheel so you're never looking down. That said I turned it off when I first bought the bronco and it was turned back on when the windshield was replaced and they recalibrated the system.

3) Haven't seen that yet. I got some warnings when sensors had ice/snow on them during winter, but otherwise I don't get any of that.

4) Spyware is something we'll have to get use to because all modern cars are being built with it.

5) The cameras work fine in the rain for me.

Also when you say "covid price I paid for this FE", meaning you bought off the lot at a large markup? That was probably a mistake. For the price of the first edition plus markup I would gone with many other different vehicles. As it stands I bought the badlands and have been pretty happy with the purchase. My only issues have been cracking/replacing the windshield was a pain, and the MIC roof sound was irritating before I fixed it with foam.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My man, if you think #4 is bad now, youā€™re gonna shit when you see the mandatory ā€œkill switchā€ thatā€™s coming in all new cars by 2026. Snuck into the infrastructure bill, supposed to passively monitor for signs of impaired driving, alert authorities, and give them a button to remotely kill your car. But donā€™t worry! Itā€™ll only ever be used in situations where youā€™ve had ā€œtoo much to drinkā€ and not if youā€™ve had ā€œtoo much to thinkā€!
It will never, ever be used in any other situation ever! They pinky-promise!
24962bfa95df8d92716d1b0fe65ee74f20c49e3cc5d086b972.jpg

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Window flop.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope I am putting this in the right place, forgive me if not. I can't complain to my neighbors because they drive fuel efficient vehicles and dont understand but I figured my Bronco brethren here might relate. I am not sure, but I think this is a general thoughts section and these are some general thoughts that perhaps Ford may find viable. It's also possible that I am mistaken, and someone may enlighten me but please be kind cause I'm a beginner.

1) Why no manual? My last vehicle had way more pages than the Bronco PDF and they had no problems putting one out. I like flipping pages and it allows me to discover interesting things about my vehicle that I may not have been looking for. I don't want to sit in my garage going through a menu on a small screen for something that sounds like what I may be looking for either.

2) What is the value of lane drift warning where you have to keep your eyes off the road and on the display in order to see if you're drifting? My last vehicle would howl at me if I came close to a road stripe. If I got tired, it would wake me up. The Bronco is mute - no audible warnings at all. I thought it was not working and totally surprised that such a pricy vehicle had no audible warning. Also, I've noticed, that it's not very good at all with markings. A great number of the time I can run over very clearly defined ones and it never warns me.

3) Electronics gone wild on this thing. I mean randomly I will get a variety of angry messages, like "Hill Start Assist Not Available", "Service AdvanceTrac", "Check Brake System", "Pre-Collision Assist Not Available", etc. - and I'm not even moving. The instrument cluster sometimes does funky things like flicker.

4) Spyware. Reading the PDF makes you realize how much spyware is installed in this thing. It's a bit bizarre, especially when it warns you that:
- " If you use our services, we collect and use data, for example account information, vehicle location and driving characteristics, that could identify you. We transmit this data through a dedicated, protected connection. We only collect and use data to enable your use of our services to which you have subscribed, with your consent or where permitted by law. " --Ok, so like your smart phone don't use the service I guess? It simply clutters the menus.
- "We may provide information in response to requests from law enforcement, other government authorities and third parties acting with lawful authority or through a legal process. Such information could be used by them in legal proceedings.
Data recorded includes, for example:
  • Operating states of system components, for example fuel level, tire pressure and battery charge level.
  • Vehicle and component status, for example wheel speed, deceleration, lateral acceleration and seatbelt status.
  • Events or errors in essential systems, for example headlamps and brakes.
  • System responses to driving situations, for example airbag deployment and stability control.
  • Environmental conditions, for example temperature.
Some of this data, when used in combination with other information, for example an accident report, damage to a vehicle or eyewitness statements, could be associated with a specific person. " -- And your vehicle becomes witness against you? Sounds like an Orwellian vehicle.
5) The cameras on this thing are useless when it rains. I would not complain about this because after all they are getting wet but in other vehicles I've own they simply were not so bad. Meaning I could still make things out as they had some level of protection but with the Bronco, they simply become useless.

I was always a true believer of the Rubicon but thought I'd give Ford a try...considering the covid price I paid for this FE, I feel a bit stupid now. Again, this could be the ramblings of a Ford newbie who just doesn't understand how things work but I guess that's what this forum is about so I definitely appreciate any input. Thanks.
I went with a Base model and love everything about it. Complaining about a manual and cameras doesn't compute with me. Not sure what you expect. I use the PDF version and can find what l want in seconds.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can throw my cell phone out the window. I canā€™t throw my bronco out the window.

After reading this thread I went out and removed the fuse from my Telematics modem.

Ford Bronco Things That Bother Me About My Bronco 24962bfa95df8d92716d1b0fe65ee74f20c49e3cc5d086b972
I would love to see you throwing your cellphone out the window and living without it.

Sounds easy, but I dare you!
Sponsored