Sponsored

Think Ford would let me order Black Diamond and just switch the headlamps and taillamps to the L.E.D versions?

VTBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You must be referring to the unicorn commonly known as Build & Price. According to several sources it does exist but no one on this forum has seen it in person.
Ahhh yes, the elusive B&P. Rumor has it we might get a glimpse “mid october.” I was more asking about if there was any survey pricing for the lights like we have seen for various other options, such as 2.7L, 10sp, modular hard top, etc.
Sponsored

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love this forum.

"I big man. I drive stick shift. VERY difficult. Me Sasquatch. Small tires bad."

The other half of us: "We just want signature headlights and a 12" screen." :LOL:
How 'bout the ones that fit both lines?

OP
OP

TxusBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You think ford will allow
Me to order a BD and still get the painted HT...

Answer probably not
Ford: go ahead and move up a trim and you can get that option...
Your comparing apples to oranges. Honestly working for Ford parts for almost 7 years there is probably more of a chance of that happening for you then the lamps for me. Like I said there is pigtails and wiring you have to change out, you on the other hand it will probably be a $3,000+k upcharge but if you want it I'm sure that is more doable then my situation. Just my opinion.

OP
OP

TxusBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look at doing this to a super duty aand you are 6 - 8 deep just for the headlights and harnesses to make it work. I doubt it will cost as much for the bronco. Things may seem expensive from the factory but a you don’t have to rip apart your brand new vehicle b you have a warranty and c usually it is still cheaper (sometimes a lot) and less hassle just to buy it how you want it.
Yes I know this as some super duty owners wreck they're vehicles and think they are ok with paying the difference than to what they're insurance is paying for to replace what's supposed to come on the vehicle, until you let them know how much it's going to costs and then they're just like yeah never mind forget it. I'm trying to make sure that doesn't happen to me also!

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love this forum.

"I big man. I drive stick shift. VERY difficult. Me Sasquatch. Small tires bad."

The other half of us: "We just want signature headlights and a 12" screen." :LOL:
i want all of the above.?

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's where the aftermarket shines my friend, as that's definitely going to be one of my few mod I will doing to my BD

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

??????????????????

Are you Jay Leno rich? If yes, then maybe..

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well I work for Ford parts at a dealership. I know on the most recent model Expeditions and F-150's you can not purchase the L.E.D's headlamp and taillamps and switch them out after you purchase the vehicle because the pigtails on the wirings are different.
That just means ain’t plug and play right from ford, doesn’t mean you can’t do it. And if you can’t figure the wiring on your own I’m sure there will be some company selling a pigtail to make it plug and play real soon. Seen that on many many vehicles to swap lights or even just to change the OEM functions(like keeping DRLs on all the time and such). always somewhere to buy the pigtail adapter for fairly cheap, or do it yourself if ya can(have personally done both on different vehicles).

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love this forum.

I feel personally attacked lol! But yes signature headlights and a 12” screen baby!! Ya’ll can have your tires and stuff.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No reason you can’t, it won’t be available right away though. You can get pretty much anything you want and the electrical in these vehicles are just about the same. You might have to run something back to the fuse box but it’s always doable. Companies always come out with harnesses that allow that functionality. It’s still going to cost you like $1000 because the headlights will be a good $6-700 of that.

Last edited:

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was really set on a Outer Banks but I think it may be a little out of my price range and I want to make sure I can afford it as I plan on buying it and paying it off so I don't want to trade it in because I can not afford it. So I have a question as this will be my first brand new car ever in my life. In reality the only reason I wanted the Outer Banks is for the L.E.D headlamps and taillamps. Do yall think Ford would let me order a Black Diamond and just switch the headlamps and taillamps to the L.E.D versions?
Nope
Sponsored