Sponsored

Think going to a soft top now will get me a 2021 Bronco?

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Do you think going to a soft top at this point in time will get me a 2021 bronco?
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off, nobody knows. But nobody really knows when you post this generic question and don’t even add anything relating to your reservation.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depends on your reservation timestamp more than likely, as well as your dealer allocation.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doubtful. Very very doubtful.
Depends. I was a day one res. When I saw the first email from Ford encouraging dealers to reach out to customers a while back, to change their sins, I immediately went into dealership and changed my BL to soft top and no sins. I got scheduled the following week for a build date!

My dealer told me that day I saw him and made the change, they only had six scheduled for build up to that point. 1-5 were in line and they went all the way down to 60th, to get the 6th build due to parts constraints. So it worked for me at that time.

It all depends on a number of things I guess.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you us how many unscheduled allocations your dealer has left, and how many soft top orders they have with timestamps on front of you, then we can provide somewhat of an educated guess. Do you have that info?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No one knows for sure....but there was talk of dealers getting 4 door soft tops with no deadly sins this year. So I'd say you have a good shot if you stick to that plan. If you pick some deadly sins....then all bets are off. What is your exact build?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can always try and if it doesn't work you can switch back to hard top (or dual down the road) again.

It worked for me, I made the switch a couple weeks ago when they announced the 'prep kit'. I did not change anything else, BL, squatch, 2.7, Lux, tow. I got my VIN and build week yesterday. I was smack in the middle of my dealer's 80 allocations for the year, reservation placed at about 10pm CA time the night of the reveal. Order placed in January.

I wanted dual top originally, as I've never had a vehicle like this and wanted to try both, then changed to MIC when dual was out for this year. Was hoping somebody would make a two row sunrider because I really don't want to deal with the panels, but always played with the idea to switch to soft top for ease of use. I could not care less about how the plastic windows in the back look. So once I made the switch I was actually a bit relieved, looking forward to the easy open/close. I can leave my town when it's over 100 with roof open and close it down once I hit the coast where it might be in the 60es with our many micro climates here. Or I can quickly just flip it forward to keep the seats in the shade when I park in the sun. And from a safety/security point of view it makes no difference, just as easy to pop a window as it is to slice one. With the plastic window I won't have to deal with all those glass shards either, should somebody try to steal something.

If you considered dual tops or also were somewhat undecided between the two, I'd say it's worth a try, you might just get lucky.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So the email 2 door orders received suggested switching to 4 door soft top now would move us up.

I’m guessing yes.
Sponsored