Sponsored

Thinking About Ordering a 2 Door? - Watch this video!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Way easier than my Mustang. Drove a Mustang for years and years while the kids were still in the house.

If you are planning on taking everyone somewhere you drive the wife's Expedition.
Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After setting in back seat of a 4D with the front seat adjusted for me as the driver (6' w/34" inseam) at one of the Dealership Bronco Events and hearing that the 2D has more leg room that the 4D, I'm perfectly fine with the 2D, because I felt cramped in the 4D. The only issue (for me) with a 2D is getting into and out of the rear.

FoMoCo.... give us a Flip Forward Front Passenger Seat or something else to make getting into and out of the rear seat area easier!!!!!!!!!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Back in the day, I loved scrambling in and out of my dad’s 1970 Bronco. I was like six or seven, and would just climb in and go between the seats (there was no console). I had my own little cave back there amongst the camping stuff. Sometimes with the rear seat in, sometimes just atop gear and sleeping bags. It was all part of the adventure.

With today’s more responsible safety measures, the kid can still scramble, but then the parent needs to check that the kid buckled into their safety seat correctly. That is not easy to do leaning past a tilted forward seat unless you’re talk and long armed. Not to mention actually having to use seats and restraints means the gear has to go behind the seat.

So, if you have kids, and plan to adventure - four door is the way to go, and you don’t need to feel apologetic about it. (This coming from a dad who has driven a four door Wrangler with three boys in the back for 12 years.)

Besides, I will bet almost all the influencer extreme off roaders will be building 4 doors.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think you could store the doors and roof if you put the back seats down flat?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For kids and climbers getting in/out of the back seat shouldn't be a problem. But for shorter adults it may be a challenge because of step-in height, and I don't think there are grab handles to get into the back. Gonna need a step or rails.

I'm 5'8" and have to hop just to get into the front seat. I'm getting a 2-dr, 99% of the time it'll just be me daily driving. Camping and road-tripping, maybe 1 other person.

Sponsored

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I wanted to chauffeur other people around I'd get a four door. They can get their own Bronco. I've had a 2 door Wrangler for 12 years. No problems.

That 2 door Bronco looks great! I'm sticking with my choice.

Last edited:

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the only video I've seen of someone getting in and out of the backseat of a 2 door Bronco.

WARNING: This video contains images that may increase the difficulty of choosing your future Bronco.

THANK YOU! I asked for this exact scenario in another thread last week. I still can't decide. My 2dr/4dr pro and con list are still neck and neck. I'm waiting to see what is new with the 22MY since I know that's what I'm getting anyway. If you can put the doors in the back of the 2dr in the next model year that will probably be the deciding factor for me, but I doubt there will be that much of a difference to allow for that. I'm signed up for a preview event on the 21st so I can finally get my hands on one and see it up close. I'm sure that will answer a lot of questions for me. Can't wait!

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m buying a two door for myself, not in case someone needs a ride however, its only my wife and I. Our son lives out of state.

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hahaha, this also gives off Ford flex vibes. Regardless of how many doors, the bronco needs aggressive tires. 2-door can get away with 33s and 4 door needs the 35s.

Black Diamond Bronco (Cyber Orange) 2 Door vs Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 1.png
Pictures truly do not do the tire/wheel vs. body justice. I was very surprised how nice the stock wheels and 32' tires looked on a Black Diamond four door until I went to take a picture with the phone. There's something in that 3d to 2d conversion and lens distortion that makes the ratio look weird and small in a picture.

Trino351c

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, John Deere Tractor, Snowshoes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looks like if you got a two door just follow proper procedure and cancel the order. Then order a four door, I promise you’ll get it at the same time you would have received the two door. 🤞😏

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta love it when people try to find things to deflect that a 4dr is nothing but a whipped mans scoccermomobile .....LOL.
I got the 4 door because I need to fit my rifles and targets in the back for when I go to the desert for long range shooting. Trying to fit all that stuff in a 2 door JK, especially if I planned on spending the weekend camping, was a pain.

Hate the looks all you want, but I'm an engineer and I don't really care if it looks ugly to you as long as it accomplishes my mission. Function trumps form.

Can't really justify two vehicles. I'm not rich or anything.

Also, planning on the unexpected. There was one time back when I lived in WA and was coming home from Wenas via the FS70 complex through the National Forest. There was a young lady wrapped in a towel walking down the forest service road. She'd been dumped out there. I had no room in the JK, had a passenger and the entire back end was filled to the top with camping gear. I mean, I could have strapped her to the hood or something...

I wound up having to drive out to Greenwater, call the sheriff office, and send them to go pick her up. A little extra room, I could have figured something out and hauled her out to the store in Greenwater. Weird stuff happens out in the wilderness here in the west.

In my heart, sure the 2 door looks cuter, but in my brain, the 4 door gives me what I need for my purposes and to be prepared for whatever.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So in other words, like all 2 doors?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I lived the 2 door life for 3 of my broncos. Hands down the part I liked least about all three- the 2 door sacrifice. To each their own, but the reason there are not many two doors anymore isn't a conspiracy of auto manufacturers, it's because consumers don't buy them often. Why? Because for most of us, they suck. Do they look cool? Yep. Do you like the seat sliding and hitting you when loading stuff in the back seat? Do you like crawling around, stretching to grab stuff in the back? Do you like not being able to load people in your vehicle to grab dinner or take a spin? Most people don't like any of that, a few people don't care. All good, but I can't tell you how many times I have known people that got a 2 door (Jeep, Bronco, Daily Driver, whatever) and then had to get rid of it because it is a PITA to live with for a lot of us. I only mention that for those forum members that have not been around when 2 doors were more common and are looking for pros and cons, no hate on those that know what they want and why!

Last edited:

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Every tried to get in a 66-77 with a rollbar on it, dang near impossible. A Bronco is 2 Doors, always was always will be to me, so I am buying a 2 door. If ya can't fit, you can watch as I drive away I reckon.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2-Door Bronco won't even have back seats! Mwuahahaha! #rearseatdelete
Agreed. Immediate rear seat delete. That room is better for dog and gear.
Sponsored